Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From everything you've said, if you have the right tactics and gear, and you have dps who arent retarded then I can only say that it comes down to "good WoTLK healers" which essentially means they're failing to adapt to the healing mechanics of Cataclysm. Sit them down and sort them out, and if they dont cut the cheese then you have the choice to replace them in the name of progress.
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

alot of deaths to poison bombs, alot of deaths due to not interupting arcanatron and the rest just seems to be complete lack of healing

@Canto, When the golem is active, we have 2 interrupters on him, when he's shielded, we only have our tank on him.

We drag the bosses to the cloud, but not our tank, and it doesn't seem to be when Toxitron is tanked, that we are dying.
    We are spellstealing Arcanotrons debuff aswell..

oh well, I guess we will try with a different healer setup next time, as it seems that might have been the problem..

I don't know if anyone else has sugested it - but make sure your tanks aren't hitting the shielded bots, and have a mage spell steal or a shaman purge the buff that arcanotron recieves when he's being interupted. This changed the whole fight for us. Interupt his arcane barrageeything cast and then SS/Purge the buff. This'll keep him from one shotting the tank.

Other then that, keep the bots spread out - make sure everyone is pulling off the shielded targets (ESP the fire dude, who's shield is really weak and breaks with dots) and don't let the oozes hit their target and explode.

It took my group roughly 3 consecutive 4 hour raid afternoons to get it. Flasks, feasts, enchants, and proper heroic gear does help as well.

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Omnotron is arguably easier then what most encounters in Ulduar were - even from a healing perspective.
    Going a bit offtopic already, but what encounter was hard in ulduar from healing perspective? I don't remember a single one. Well maybe yogg+n cause everyone tends to spread so much and take random dmg from all sorts of stuff. Don't remember even Firefighter being too hard on healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandorr View Post
    Heres a few logs for ya:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1et6kn6ilpa49fsj/

Anything you can tell me from these logs will help..

I know our DPS was low, but then again, as this boss isn't a DPS race, the extra DPS would not help us survive.. Right?

World of Logs is down so I tapped into what I play and know best, Paladins, and it would seem hes playing the class in a way not fit (not wrong just not perfect - in fact probably one of your better players) so much for a 10 man. The class has very strong group-healing abilities and I would say every fight thus far in Cataclysm really calls for the usage of them.

Your Holy Paladins using Divine Light a bit too much and Holy Lights are non existent. If you can manage your mana for the Divine Lights its not a bad thing to use but not everything calls for Divine Light and Holy Light can suffice. He doesn't make use of Holy Radiance nearly enough (as in barely at all) which would drastically improve your ability to cope with the fire. No Aura Mastery whatsoever which would also help a lot. Across all attempts he only did 26 000 healing with Light of Dawn.

Your DPS is low. It may not heal you but it gets you through the fight quicker the higher it is and with the way your Healers are dropping spells you need to get through as quick as possible.

I don't have time to touch on everything (5 AM!) but from what I can see its a matter of learning to better play your classes in about 1/2 the group. You have some silly deaths to things which are easily avoidable (slimes). This isn't a flame just from what I can see its like half your group is a little better then the other half.

Bottom line, it would seem its a failing in your group not strategy.

Also from what I understand Priests are fairly weak healers (currently) I however don't run with any in our 25 man so I can't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Going a bit offtopic already, but what encounter was hard in ulduar from healing perspective? I don't remember a single one. Well maybe yogg+n cause everyone tends to spread so much and take random dmg from all sorts of stuff. Don't remember even Firefighter being too hard on healers.

My point being that Omnotron is easy. Not that Ulduar was hard on healers (in fact it was incredibly easy on Paladins).

However, Yogg and Algalon both come to mind as well as a few other hard modes. This isn't hard mode though so I don't think it fair to compare.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2010-12-28 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also suggest running healing assignments for tanks, considering the tank damage throughout the fight is fairly moderate. But at what the other guy said on the other page, aswell make sure you aren't blowing up shields off magmatron, or Auto Attacking Arcanotron when he does his shield... those could be easy deaths/raid wipes. Oh yeah, RUN A PALLY HEALER, THEY ROCK. If you aren't already :-)
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

I looked at your logs, and the vast majority of your deaths are from one of three things: Arcane Annihilator, Static Shock, and Poison Bomb.

The Arcane Annihilator simply has to be interrupted as much as conceivably possible. There's really nothing more to be one for that. Never let Arcanotron stand in his Power Field. Ever.

The Static Shock.. well, you keep saying that you're spreading out for Electron, but given the number of deaths from Static Shock, I'm tempted to say that this is not the case. Just spread out better. Make everybody use Power Auras if necessary so you know if the debuff is on you that much faster.

Poison Bomb... run away from the oozes. Get slows on all of them. That's a no brainer.

All of these things can just be fixed with practice, so keep at it, there's only so much advice that can be given because you seem to understand the encounter.

Just remember to spread out when Electron is active.
    Interrupt Arcanatron.
    Our healers and dps stood in Swirly Puddle Arcanotron drops regardless if Electron was active. It is a great DPS boost, and Electron's Chain Lightning has a limit on how many it hits.
    If you've got Static Shock, Run out.
    Arcanotron was tanked in the middle of the room always for easier access to his Puddles of Goodness.
    Avoid adds on Toxitron if youre their target, but kill them quickly.
    Always try to put the boss you are attacking in a Poison Cloud.
    The target of Flamethrower ran away from everyone.
    If you've a pally, use their Raid Wall they have for Magmatron AoE abililty.
    We had 2 priests and a druid and made ample use of double Lightwell on Magma AoE.
    Don't hit shielded Bosses. Hit the Toxic one a few times for his debuff if your healers can handle it, but otherwise avoid them.
    Mages/Priests/Sham need to spellsteal/dispell Arcanatron if he is shielded.
    Healers don't stand next to where the bosses originally spawn at at the start of the fight till all 4 have become active at least once. (we had a few tries where heals would get pwnt straight off the bat from healing aggro before the tank could grab the Boss)
    We put one healer on each tank, and one on the raid(*We did this on 10m.) Magmatron's tank's healer healed Flamethrower Victim since when he casts that he does not attack the tank at all during it.
    Communicate CD's between tanks and healers in Vent. It is no good if you go and use your cd on the tank and he's just used one of his, loss of a CD for later in the fight.
    That being said, it was still a longer fight for us. But is less of a race, and more execution.

Pretty sure static shock is from Electron's shield.

Interrupting the Arcane attack can be done by 2 people, and they can continue to do it just after his shield drops. He'll have time to throw probably 3-4 more after his shield drops. The shield itself is only up for like 6 seconds or so, just watch his debuff. If you have damage-less interrupts, you can make a macro to use it, and then /stopattack (or whatever the command is). The 80k or so damage it shoots off is immensely useful when minimizing raid deaths.

Also, hitting Toxictron after his shield is up is only detrimental to yourself, and not the raid. DKs can attack with 1 stack of the debuff, and then AMS to prevent further stacks. Dots can remain on the boss, as can pets. It's really Electron that you want to DEFINITELY not hit, with Arcanotron being the second. Magmatron probably won't burst his shield with dots alone, unless everyone placed dots on him 1 second before his shield was up.

It really is just a matter of repetition. Once each person knows their role in the fight, and can repeat it for 6-7 minutes, you'll get a kill.

This fight is less about healers being a problem in terms of hps, and more of a problem in terms of people not doing their jobs. This can range from eating poison bombs, not interrupting, not running out of the raid with magmatron's special, not getting off the shields in time to avoid static shock (which no longer procs off dots) etc. You want to fix all the stupid going on before the healers get blamed.

Few things we learned that helped us.

Tanks shouldn't ever hit a shielded mob either.
    Do not attempt to dispell any boss except Arcanotron. The other bosses will punish you with a 60k hit for attempting it. This includes no shield slamming.
    Make sure Arcanotron is fully dispelled after his shield is removed as well. The boost he gains is very painful. We did it with only one person, tank, on interrupts but 2 is probably best.
    Tanks have to not zone, they get paying attention to what others are doing, they always need to be ready to pick up the mob they will be tanking. Additionally tanks can't stop paying attention. Arcanotron's power generator buff would get dropped and our tanks just be not paying attention. The damage he does from even one annihilator going off while he is in that is just deadly. Interrupt him and get him out of it asap.
    The above goes for poison cloud, when it lands people have to gtfo fast as to not take 1 shot type damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandorr View Post
    Heres a few logs for ya:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1et6kn6ilpa49fsj/

Anything you can tell me from these logs will help..

I know our DPS was low, but then again, as this boss isn't a DPS race, the extra DPS would not help us survive.. Right?
    Along with what everyone else has mentioned I would have a word with your shaman. The damage he is putting out is not going to get you the boss kills you desire. Myself and the other 4 DPS included in our group average 13k dps. Like someone else mentioned anyone under 10k dps needs to gear up for a little longer or learn to manage hectic fights like this.

Edit: I had a chance to check him out on the armory and he should definitely be breaking the 10k dps barrier. Just have a word with him.

Besides that take what everyone else has mentioned and keep trying!
    Last edited by gerni; 2010-12-28 at 07:22 PM. Reason: finally got wowarmory to load

Lemme guess, you have an enhancement shaman using LS, causing damage to Electrons shield when its up?

if you are bad

if you are bad like me, just do what my guild did.

1 tank, 4 heals.

made it a lot easier.

60% of your dps is under performing. and tell your Spreist to stop mindspiking. other then that like they where saying dont hit the shield

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop hitting shields, slow the poison bombs, spread out when electron is up, and tell any of your DPS who aren't hitting 10k to do some more heroics before burdening the raid with their presence. Several of your DPS are just plain awful players.

Deleted
    What we did was to never switch of Arcanotron, even when he has his shield up.
    His shield only lasts about five seconds, just make sure to Purge/Spellsteal his buff during those five seconds. We also blew Heroism at him, as with our strategy, we'd have to most uptime on him.

Omnotron(normal mode, anyway) is one of those fights where you can't really tell people how to beat it. The entire fight basically boils down to two things. Attack the correct active boss and stay alive. If people in your raid can't figure that out then you are going to die. And die. And die. And die until the baddies in your raid finally figure out not to stand in the fire or attack the boss with a shield up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trissfallhero24 View Post
    60% of your dps is under performing. and tell your Spreist to stop mindspiking. other then that like they where saying dont hit the shield
    shouldnt he clear dots on boss changes?