Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archaeology and the 10'th "race" (Shovel & Pickaxe)

Any brainstorming about what this is? Randomly asked a GM when I had ticket up about bad digsites. They had no clue, but said it reminds about Explorer's League.
    He could not answear if it was something that was in-game or for future archaeology.
    I've tried to use my Survey every now and then when flying around to the normal digsites. I know it's probably not how it should work. But so far archaeology been pretty retarded so I would not be surprised if there is hidden digsites you have to find out yourself.

So what do you think this is? Anyone done any datamining and found out any suspicious items or anything about this? Or is the answear already out there about what this is?

Off-topic:
    Are you professor yet? How many rares do you have?
    I'm at 17, got none of the BoA items yet and solved about 300+ (not counting the 1000 Vrykul and 1500 fossils I could solve).
    I should work more on Kalimdor, to get Tol'vir ones, seems to be easier (at last when you get the digsites to pop) to get few of them, and the nelf doll than dwarf and troll one. :/
    Last edited by aggression; 2010-12-28 at 12:06 PM.

If you think Tol'Vir is easy you're in for a treat.

Brainstorming on the 10th icon is pretty pointless,but I think it's more of a placeholder.

Uhm, not really saying Tol'vir are easy. Rather mean that there is at least 1 rare easy to get, all know that Tol'vir digsites wont show to easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diolol View Post

Brainstorming on the 10th icon is pretty pointless,but I think it's more of a placeholder.
    This; probably a placeholder..

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked my friend the same thing yesterday, he said it used to be the Fragment counter for all races in beta but they disabled it and made all races have their own icons. I don't really understand what he actually meant by that.

Also, I have the Headdress of the First Shaman (Mail Agility Head for lvl 70) and that Axe with a beard (1H Agility Axe for lvl 80). I have 4 Rare artifacts done for now. I guess I am lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Diolol View Post

This is pretty much what I was thinking, about the placeholder. Sort of an 'end-of-file' type of thing. Haven't heard or read anything concrete about it, though.

The 10th 'race' is Archaeologists. Leaks from the Alpha of the next x-pac indicate that you can find their relics all over Azeroth as a rare spawn in place of 'normal' spawns once you hit 526. The only known item for that race is Zin'Rokh. At 90 we'll all have one!

Quote Originally Posted by ceh789 View Post
    The 10th 'race' is Archaeologists. Leaks from the Alpha of the next x-pac indicate that you can find their relics all over Azeroth as a rare spawn in place of 'normal' spawns once you hit 526. The only known item for that race is Zin'Rokh. At 90 we'll all have one!
    Yeah. That's wrong. The Alpha to the next xpac isn't out. Stop the nonsense or I will.

My guess is that this will be related to Harrison Jones/Brann Bronzebeard somehow and will be exclusive to max level Archeologists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone already said it in this thread, but just in case people missed it: That was the default icon for ALL races/categories of archaeology (Dwarf, Troll, Fossil, etc.) in the beta. Every single one had that same icon until Cataclysm went live. Which means that's most likely there as a placeholder for a later patch/expansion, when they add more races/categories to the Archaeology profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Dragons, the 10th race will be dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I asked my friend the same thing yesterday, he said it used to be the Fragment counter for all races in beta but they disabled it and made all races have their own icons. I don't really understand what he actually meant by that.

Also, I have the Headdress of the First Shaman (Mail Agility Head for lvl 70) and that Axe with a beard (1H Agility Axe for lvl 80). I have 4 Rare artifacts done for now. I guess I am lucky.
    lucky ?

got 13 in two days... at 14/20 now tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah. That's wrong. The Alpha to the next xpac isn't out. Stop the nonsense or I will.
    Yeah...

No offence or anything, you kinda missed the sarcasm in their post :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Yeah...

No offence or anything, you kinda missed the sarcasm in their post :-\
    And next thing you know people will be clicking links to XPac #4 alpha...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Not to mention that Zin'rokh is already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    Yeeeeah... and we'll totally want it at 90 as well, right?

Guess I'll use sarcasm tags next time.

Deleted
    Been wondering if its a placeholder. Do they usually show placeholders? I mean couldnt they have made it not seen and it still be a placeholder?

Deleted
    I asked a GM aswell, and next to telling me he had cold toes (I asked how he was doing), he also told me that at this very moment it is NOT used for anything at all at this moment.
    He didn't know why they did still show it, but suggested I'd ask the devs on the official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    Lies. All lies. LIES GOOD SIR. But in all seriousness, if we're guessing the next race available (Not about the pickaxe and shovel) I'm placing my money on Dargons or Titans.

I really hope its dragonflight stuff
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon