10+ Year Old Account

Death Knight Help.

I played a DK up to 80 in Wrath however I didn't play it much once it reached 80. But my main spec was blood which was the only spec I knew.
    I liked blood because of its passive Healing and improved Death Strike. However since theyve mostly changed Blood. With blood it was a simple (Icy touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike). And a few Death coils when the runes were on cooldown. The other two speccs have completely a different playstyle imo and since I wanna level my Death Knight, I wandering what people would suggest for me.

Im 2h user primarily, Got my shaman for DW
    I like a Viable pvp spec.

Any sample talent speccs, or information about Primary Abilities I should be using, or even just a quick guide would be helpful. Thanks ^^

2h specs are both Blood and Unholy, Blood is the Tanking tree, Unholy the DPS tree, Frost is the dual wielding dps tree.
    the main abilities are also pretty obvious, Heart Strike as you get from being Blood Specced, Deathstrike for the Mastery, keeping diseases up for increased dmg aswell as reducing inc dmg (icy touch), Blood Boil reducing physical dmg taken by 10%.

All specs are pretty viable for PvP, its all up to personal preference
    In addition, if you want detailed information, there is a sticky up the top of the DK forums
    Since Blood is a tanking spec, it doesn't really have a rotation, since most stuff is situational as a tank, and have to adapt to inc dmg, etc.
    and i suggest you really just practice and look around your talents, its trial and error.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    2h specs are both Blood and Unholy, Blood is the Tanking tree, Unholy the DPS tree, Frost is the dual wielding dps tree.
    I have to disagree with this, with the changes to the frost tree frost is now also a viable 2H dps spec. So all 3 specs may be used for 2H specs. With blood you would be using: heart strike, death strike and rune strike (in blood presence). For both unholy and frost 2H you would be in unholy presence. Frost strike, Obliterate and Howling blast are the main frost spells. Unholy I do not have much knowledge about.

With regards to levelling I would advise blood as you never have to worry about your health, although having said that; frost was much faster for killing but if you are not accustomed to looking at your health bar you may find yourself very close to death on many occasions (as I have done myself)

Leveling from 80-85 as a Blood spec you have to do something very inept to die... horribly bad pull, etc. You're very safe with no downtime while leveling.

Leveling from 80-85 as any spec you have to do something inept to die... Death pact - it's your friend.

I leveled as frost purely for the 20% mount speed. It was worth it. As for the 2h vs 1h controversy... Frost can use 2h, but the tree better served using 1h.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodorian View Post
    I have to disagree with this, with the changes to the frost tree frost is now also a viable 2H dps spec. So all 3 specs may be used for 2H specs. With blood you would be using: heart strike, death strike and rune strike (in blood presence). For both unholy and frost 2H you would be in unholy presence. Frost strike, Obliterate and Howling blast are the main frost spells. Unholy I do not have much knowledge about.

With regards to levelling I would advise blood as you never have to worry about your health, although having said that; frost was much faster for killing but if you are not accustomed to looking at your health bar you may find yourself very close to death on many occasions (as I have done myself)
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jbGhforrzskhZf
    This is a very bad tankspec but really good to level in a blood spec. - Just use dps gear and leave mastery as much as you can.
    You will kill most mobs nearly as fasts as anyone else and you can even take on 4-5 mobs without a problem.
    But this aint really a viable tank spec tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as Frost and still keep it as my DPS spec at 85 with my other spec being Blood. Pale Horse, Lichborne, and high DPS are nice for plowing through the quests just need to keep Death Strike handy to keep your HP up sometimes to prevent down time.

Don't worry about sticking with a 2H weapon the DPS difference wont matter against non-bosses and it's much easier to maintain a good 2H weapon for use in Frost + Blood then dig up a 2H and two 1H weapons.

FYI I'm finding the Tol Borad daily's much easier to work through in Blood as I can solo all of the elites and don't have to worry about down time if I get swarmed by stuff in some areas. Maybe that will change as I get more DPS gear.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.