Thread: Claw macro

Claw macro

Will this ever be nerfed/fixed?

Puting claw on all my attack abilities is increasing my pets dps by atleast 100% the diffrence between people who use this macro and people who dont is huge, especially with a transformed pet

id rather they make the ai not suck ass

what do you mean will it ever get nerfed/fixed...
    if you mean nerfed by not letting it be macroed into your moves... it wont... they are both on seperate GCDs meaning that they can both be used at the same time... its like say warriors macroing HS into other moves so that they dont have to press as much keys....
    if you mean fixed as in making the ai use claw when at the required energy... they SHOULD fix it.. but they will probably leave the to players to macro

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    the diffrence between people who use this macro and people who dont is huge, especially with a transformed pet

id rather they make the ai not suck ass
    congrats, you found what most pet classes have known for a while. pets aren't efficient or practical, but they work.

if you want to macro everything, it will increase DPS.

AFAIK its not as easy as swapping the AI for blizzard to fix this, since the original problem is to do with how the client and server interact with the combat mechanics system, keeping the pet able to be controlled by the player, requires that it work the same as an ability for the server/clients. and this work on the same GCD level.

besides, i find it impractical that you're in fights that last long enough that you're able to stand still and/or use an ability every second to trigger a 200% increase in pet DPS. maybe 50% more or 60%, but hunters/warlocks/mages have been doing this for a while in pvp, i dont think they get 100% increases.

as for fixing it, you could possibly swap pets for an existing companion mechanic, i.e. procs, phasing, debuffs, NPCs, etc. but 'fixing it' would make pets somewhat randomly epic/broken or some blend of the two. pretty much every pet glitch, ever, will have to be revisited if you change something integral to the way they work.

pets could end up being in the same category as mounts, so, possibly not scale with player stats, have weaker autoattacks, and become indestructible/weaker in some PvP situations where line of sight could mitigate damage as they avoid certain types of attacks or attack throughout dispell/transformation abilities, etc. and basically, there are very few mount attacks in the game which are truly intuitive, automatic or feel epic or scaled to the type of damage. i can't think of one where they weren't difficult to use for longer than 5 minutes.

perhaps if the attack worked the same as a proc'd ability or proc'd debuff, that pets could be given a 'debuff' style attack i.e. refreshing attacks = 3k dps debuff, which lasts until the pet is on passive or the pet dies to no longer update the debuff, would also mean that pet autoattacks would trigger boss encounters or glitch boss phases, pets could attack flying mobs or be out of range of ground mobs, trigger quest events improperly, get lost while pathing to the boss, tag other player's mobs by accident, start phasing events or not interact while in phased events, etc. as well as events that would be akward to fix and happen while the player wasn't in communication with the server, ie hearthing/entering a new zone, pets tagging mobs so you don't get kills recorded, pets aggroing mobs before your machine had loaded up the zone graphics, having your pet prematurely die to environment damage in a raid, but not being able to resummon,

and hunters will complain bitterly any which way it goes.

I usually tank and have frost offspec, but recently switched frost to unholy for pvp in anticipation of the upcoming changes.

Can someone please post this macro?

Never leveled a pet class very high and hadn't heard of this.

#showtooltip yourability
    /cast yourability
    /cast petability

replace the abilities as needed

Just copied this from the EJ unholy guide; slight differences, unsure it matterrs:

/quote

#showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /cast [target=pettarget,harm,nodead][] Claw
    /cast Scourge Strike

Even if it's set to auto-cast, your ghoul won't use Claw fast enough to utilize all of its energy. This macro will eliminate that issue by causing your ghoul to additionally cast Claw whenever you Scourge Strike. It will automatically do so on its target, even if it is not the same as your own.

/quote

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    #showtooltip yourability
    /cast yourability
    /cast petability

replace the abilities as needed
    This macro is the most basic of this type of macro. It will work just fine for it's intended purpose, however, there is a drawback.. if you're a spammer, this macro may send your pet to attack an undesired target when your primary target dies.
    I've seen more complicated ones to help deal with this issue, but they escape me at the moment.
    I think simply putting [@target] in it may help.. but then you lose the ability to set your pet on a secondary target... sigh

EDIT: Sawhorse's macro looks good. I'd try that.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-12-29 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Deleted
    Claw first will fix the ghoul attacking random mobs.