Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    I have played my mage for over 4 years... and I have played all 3 specs at one time or another. I am a mage... not a spec. If you have been a Fire Mage for 6 years.. then you have played a spec.. not a mage.
    You haven't been playing a fire mage, you've been playing a mage.
    You haven't been playing a mage, you've been playing WoW.
    You haven't been playing WoW, you've been playing an MMO.
    You haven't been playing an MMO, you've been playing a video game.
    You haven't been playing a video game, you have entertained yourself with an electronic device.
    You haven't entertained yourself with an electronic device, you have entertained yourself.
    You haven't entertained yourself, you have spent time alive, existing.

I love simplifying things
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal View Post
    Secondly, you are a noob for not playing Frost in PvP. Why purposefully gimp yourself?
    This quote provides all the support I need for this entire thread. The question isn't why would I purposefully gimp myself. The question is why is fire considered gimp?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriteisonmydesk View Post
    Change you're signature nerd
    god saying QQ and flamewar doesn't make you cool, tool.
    Neither does making an account to call someone a tool, just sayin'.
    BfA Beta Time

If I roll a mage because it's fun then I will, but if I have to play a specific class to do better dps to better benefit a raid or party, or for PvPing then I will, doing otherwise is silly unless you're just messing around for fun. Honestly I think frost is the most fun of the three specs, but that's just personal preference and the fact I always hated how frost was never a raiding spec unless you were kiting adds on Lady Vashj in SSC. You're happy they're nerfing one spec so other people will play another? I don't understand your post, and besides I'm pretty sure they're going to be buffing fire and arcane anyway, so I wouldn't expect nerfs to your hated frost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz1o1 View Post
    This quote provides all the support I need for this entire thread. The question isn't why would I purposefully gimp myself. The question is why is fire considered gimp?
    Uhhh, Fire has bad survivability, is a mana hog, and requires mass amounts of crit to have any sort of throughput.
    BfA Beta Time

Same reason fire has been bad since TBC (it was good in vanilla at least, when you could 1 shot people with gear in bg's). It lacks control, fast cast instants with high burst potential at a reasonable mana cost, and survivability.

Why you ask that now when frost has been far and away the best mage pvp spec for several expansions is beyond me, since you have been playing a mage for 6 years apparently.

Deleted
    I salute OP for playing PvP as fire. It's always been fun.

Rest of you loose the attitude. What the hell is wrong with you, he is merely voicing an opinion. How is he offending you in any way by saying he doesn't play frost? Jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Uhhh, Fire has bad survivability, is a mana hog, and requires mass amounts of crit to have any sort of throughput.
    Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that 2 out of the 3 spells that an ICE mage uses are instant cast? Icelance and deep frost?
    Fire mage vs Ice mage - Interupts. Fire has to channel spells meaning that when the ice mage interupts the target with counterspell the spell takes full effect locking you out of the fire tree for 8 seconds. Fire mage would have to time the interupt when the ice mage is channeling frost bolt any other time counterspell would be cast would only result in a 4 second interupt assuming you have 2 points into improved counterspell.

Deleted
    How can someone play the same class for 6 years?
    seriously...

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that 2 out of the 3 spells that an ICE mage uses are instant cast? Icelance and deep frost?
    Fire mage vs Ice mage - Interupts. Fire has to channel spells meaning that when the ice mage interupts the target with counterspell the spell takes full effect locking you out of the fire tree for 8 seconds. Fire mage would have to time the interupt when the ice mage is channeling frost bolt any other time counterspell would be cast would only result in a 4 second interupt assuming you have 2 points into improved counterspell.
    Frost Instant cast spells: Ice Lance, Deep Freeze, Cone of Cold, Frost Nova, Fire Blast, Frostfire Bolt
    Fire Instant cast spells: Ice Lance, Fire Blast, Living Bomb, Blast Wave, Flamestrike, Dragon's Breath, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Pyroblast

What spell does Fire have that is channeled? Oh wait, none of them. You cast Scorch and they cast Frostbolt. What I get from your posts is that you've played a Mage for maybe 6 weeks, and are complaining that you can't beat a Frost Mage as a Fire Mage.
    BfA Beta Time

The question is why is fire considered gimp?
    Rly? I mean are you serious? Fire mages go down quicker than a 2 dollar whore in china town. Ice mages are Optimal for kiting, they have insane survivability due to that kiting and ice barrier coupled with other sheilds and they have a pet that deals damage.

Fire mages... have... oh yea I've killed you before you could do anything so it doesn't matter....

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Someone who's been playing a Mage for 6 years wouldn't refer to Frost as ice.

Interesting theory, my dear Watson.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 04:31 PM ----------

Why would someone call for a nerf on themselves? And then with "nerf happy" blizzard of all people?

I see this all the time. Like players saying, "I wish the loot drop on that (specify) item is hard to get so that I also have a hard time getting it."

It just doesn't make sense at all. It's like saying you wish you have a hard time hitting the lottery. Yes, it's a big difference between the two but it's still the same thing when you look at it, just in different circles.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of garbage. Locking.