Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the only reason Ferals and Frost mages are giving people trouble at the moment is because the base coefficients of their spells are still inflicting damage per health percentage like we used to see back in Wrath, and Blizzard will most likely tone them down in the near future.

Locks, on the other hand, are viable in all three of our specs, and this is with us having piss-poor combat ratings. Once the iLvL of gear begins to improve and haste becomes more abundant, I thoroughly expect to see us back in the "OMG NERF PLZ" box.

Remember the difference between seasons 5 and 8 as a Warlock for reference of what I mean about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Honestly, the only reason Ferals and Frost mages are giving people trouble at the moment is because the base coefficients of their spells are still inflicting damage per health percentage like we used to see back in Wrath, and Blizzard will most likely tone them down in the near future.

Locks, on the other hand, are viable in all three of our specs, and this is with us having piss-poor combat ratings. Once the iLvL of gear begins to improve and haste becomes more abundant, I thoroughly expect to see us back in the "OMG NERF PLZ" box.

Remember the difference between seasons 5 and 8 as a Warlock for reference of what I mean about that.
    I dont see destro becoming viable in pvp unless it gets some changes, all melee having interrupts and all healers having dispel mean destro cannot do much damage in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing I miss mostly is that BLZ nerfed DK's back in the day cos they were making the game too booring for many classes. They simply couldnt get much spells off cos of the DK toolbox.

At the moment it's the same with warriors, at this point have in mind im not talking about whats op or not but simply the fact that a warrior can keep a warlock in 100% meleerange, stunned othewise unabled to cast spells for half that time.
    The game is really really boring when facing warriors (and ferals untill the Beserk nerf).

I have a blast in bg's and arena as affliction even tho we still have our litte problems but the game becomes downright BORING when I cant do shit but jumping up and down vs some classes.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Anyone who is crying about Affliction Locks, go play a Hunter or Boomkin please. Honestly, you're a lot better off than you think.

Lots of Warlocks are bad in pvp posts? but why...
    I always pvp'd as affliction, and yes i agree our dots just dont do enough damage compared to other classes, but putting our dots + our drains together, and then adding in the self healing we get its more than enough. i run around bg's 100% of time with demon armour on, i always dot up everything i see and drain life inbetween.
    it takes 2-3 things to kill me (unless its a rogue, feral druid or warrior then its jus lolbye /dead) but how can people complain?
    i run around with my felhound out, i can self heal the damage 90% of frost mages i meet can throw at me, with spell locks, drain life, healthstones etc so many tools. i can /dance with hunters when they attack me? its like i dont go below 95% health coz of how much life i drain.
    Shadow ward + spell lock on shadow preists, and again i can self heal more than they can throw at me.

why all the crying? get some proper gear n everythings fine. i am sat on 3059 resliance + glyphed soul link, damage i take from most classes is laughable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helriser View Post
    This is warlock pvp:
    Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear> Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear>Fear

Any questions?

Edit: Oh my bad: Add "Dots" in there at any given time... lolz
    Lifetime kills 12k "lolz".
    Resil 2000 "lolz"
    Rating 384,480 "lolz".
    DK name... a priceless "lolz".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Anyone who is crying about Affliction Locks, go play a Hunter or Boomkin please. Honestly, you're a lot better off than you think.
    This. I don't have problems while dueling with 2,6k resi in Affli.

Buff Destro tho... :>
    Hi

Deleted
    The problem with afflic is that it is become an op support spec, terrible single target damage but overpowered multi target damage when combined with another dps. I just dont like the playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weezel View Post
    Warlock PVP has always been terriable since the start of WOTLK

1. We have no defensive abilities that arnt a 31 point talent. ( Demonform ) Things like death coil, fear and port are not defense abilities they are for Escape.
    2. We rely on one school so heavly that even trying to cast fear and getting locked out of our spells is a death sentence so it's rarely casted.
    3. Deathcoil is almost always trinkted for the above reason
    4. Port requires that you place it on the ground and be within 30 yards. Yes it's awesome for places such as WSG and rooftops but when was the last time you were out farming a mob and stopped every 30 yards to put down a new portal or even used your portal during world PVP when your the gankee?
    5. Pets suck. each pet is for a diffrent situation wile class's such a mages, boomkins, and priests all have the same utility as our pets built right in.
    6. Much of our damage can be just dispelled away. When was the last time you dispelled that 25k fireball headed your way?

Locks and mages are so much alike now that one or the other should just be done away with.

Mages have better burst, with the utility and surviability
    Shadowpriests have better dots when locks are the "dot" class

So really whats left?
    All I can say is L2P^^

Deleted
    I think you are forgetting about our felguard, axe toss + a fear with glyph = dead meat, if they already used their trinket ( which most people do when you start off with a fear ) they have no chance, except mages. Also you have the metamorphosis with a demon leap which hits for like... 20k and aoe stuns, how is warlock pvp bad in any way? Only time i've felt like im undermatched in any way was when rogues were roflstomping warlocks back in wotlk, but nowadays rogues cant do shit, same applies for pretty much every other class.

I usually just leave when I see warriors in arena if I'm playing affli mainly because I can't be arsed kiting for 47 minutes. Warriors are freaking ridiculous with all their ways to cover distance (charge, intercept, bullshitjump w/e it's called) and they got stupidly good hp regen now.

FML :|