Holy Power duration.

I was thinking the other day while healing a dungeon... I can see other specs of pallys having a duration on their holy power but why can't a holy pally just keep their holy power until needed? Like since the Nerf of Tower of Radiance they could add something to it that states holy power would no longer expire over time. I mean what are we going to use it on LoD don't make me LoL, WoG okay a 15-20k heal >best option<, or inquisition all i have to say is why? I don't know if anyone feels the same but seems to me now as a holy pally only use I have for HP now is an instant heal that is on a 13-18 second CD so why not keep the HP I've accumulated until needed?

Deleted
    Holy Power lasts for 10 seconds. Even this is way to long.
    You should not have 3 stacks of Holy Power for longer than 6 seconds either way, as that is your Holy Shock cooldown.

When you start raiding you will also stop having you "don't make me lol at using LoD" attitude =P

Quote Originally Posted by Vidgama View Post
    I was thinking the other day while healing a dungeon... I can see other specs of pallys having a duration on their holy power but why can't a holy pally just keep their holy power until needed? Like since the Nerf of Tower of Radiance they could add something to it that states holy power would no longer expire over time. I mean what are we going to use it on LoD don't make me LoL, WoG okay a 15-20k heal >best option<, or inquisition all i have to say is why? I don't know if anyone feels the same but seems to me now as a holy pally only use I have for HP now is an instant heal that is on a 13-18 second CD so why not keep the HP I've accumulated until needed?
    I don't see why its only 10 sec, I mean combo points don't fall off, even rage doesn't seem to fall off that fast. Also Look at ret proc timers, AOW 15 sec Hand of light 10 sec, why is inquisition only 30 sec WITH 3 TALENTS????? makes it pretty useless in pvp

I've been using HoPo for WoG on the tank quite a bit, especially during the heavy beating phase. And I mean if you have HoPo, the tank is good but the dps could use some "topping off" or as close to topping off as possible, and you're saving it instead... that's silly. And if you have absolutely no healing to do, pop inquisition and judge/shock/exor/hammer the mofo mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomebb View Post
    I don't see why its only 10 sec, I mean combo points don't fall off, even rage doesn't seem to fall off that fast. Also Look at ret proc timers, AOW 15 sec Hand of light 10 sec, why is inquisition only 30 sec WITH 3 TALENTS????? makes it pretty useless in pvp
    I'm pretty sure the amount of time it takes an entire rage bar to dissipate is fairly similar to the time it takes all three HP charges to fade. Even if not, rage is a primary resource while HP is a secondary resource.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I'm pretty sure the amount of time it takes an entire rage bar to dissipate is fairly similar to the time it takes all three HP charges to fade. Even if not, rage is a primary resource while HP is a secondary resource.
    Yeah you may be right about the rage fall off time. But its almost like bliz is treating HP as a primary resource at least for Ret. I mean our main spec power uses it, I would say it pretty primary. Also Ret only has 1 good consistent damage power that's off HP, everything else is either a proc, low damage, or low dmg and high mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you may be right about the rage fall off time. But its almost like bliz is treating HP as a primary resource at least for Ret. I mean our main spec power uses it, I would say it pretty primary. Also Ret only has 1 good consistent damage power that's off HP, everything else is either a proc, low damage, or low dmg and high mana.
    True. What I meant was that warriors want to start with some rage because without it they can only auto-attack whereas Ret can start using attacks immediately even without any HP charges, so if rage did dissipate more slowly it would make at least some sense.

Yeah but most good warriors go something like , charge, throw down, deadly calm, colossus smash, heroic strike, mortal strike, overpower. Usually ends up being 50k+ dmg right off the bat. Where as Ret goes judge, hammer, wings, hammer of wrath, crusader strike......... Thats like 20k dmg. Then still gotta sit around and wait for crusader strike or procs. And Dks, ferals, rogues, alll have alot more opening and consistent dmg then rets. If wings and zealotry gets dispelled ret is just a healbot.

Deleted
    Holy power doesn't diminish over time when in combat. I don't see what the problem is. :P

I'm just interested in haveing that holy power at the start of battles so when the dps is distracted or miss the first big attack on the tank I can have an alternative to just spamming divine light the first 20-30 seconds of some chaotic trash pulls. As well as boss battles I'll cast 3 holy shocks to go in to battle at full potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but most good warriors go something like , charge, throw down, deadly calm, colossus smash, heroic strike, mortal strike, overpower. Usually ends up being 50k+ dmg right off the bat. Where as Ret goes judge, hammer, wings, hammer of wrath, crusader strike......... Thats like 20k dmg. Then still gotta sit around and wait for crusader strike or procs. And Dks, ferals, rogues, alll have alot more opening and consistent dmg then rets. If wings and zealotry gets dispelled ret is just a healbot.
    Classes are different. Remember that. And Blizzard already stated that they would increase Ret damage if that's why you try to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I thought it only faded out of combat?
    It does, I just don't see the OP point... In or out of combat ?

In combat it NEVER fade out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty stupid. If you don't want Holy Power to fall off when exiting combat, Holy Shock something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    This is pretty stupid. If you don't want Holy Power to fall off when exiting combat, Holy Shock something.
    Like himself.