Unhappy Guild Reputation

So today after cooking my 4674th Cata pattern my friend was talking to me about how most guild rewards require a higher tier reputation, it was then that I realized my retired level 80 druid tank "Karhu" is 0/3000 reputation neutral with the guild "The Pantheon" of which he is the guild master would not be able to purchase the pattern of which that character has cooked all 5000 items to get because he does not have the required reputation and wont ever have it because he is a profession alt.

After realizing that I also looked more into reputation mainly to find that pretty much all guild rewards are hinged not on the ability to purchase that item because of guild level or necessarily the achievement to allow you to buy the item but instead your reputation tier. Having thought about that enough consider the scenario that say you a long time member of "Randomly Named Guild" and are a good contributer and after what ever amount of time it takes to get to exalted reputation your guild master decides to oh I don't know /Gdisband vendor & or auction every guild bank item sell all his gold and hand over his account to a account selling website (over dramatization) then you are left back to 0/3000 guild reputation and say I don't know another what ever the time it takes to get to exalted behind your ability to get what ever it was you wanted to be exalted for.
    Last edited by teh1tom; 2010-12-29 at 10:32 PM.

I'm not understanding.. ?

Id say you had a prick for a GM to begin with, and most solid guilds have a tight community that dont break so most people are safe, the ones that arent are ones that join guilds set up by planks and people who have big ideas but little intentions to work towards it =p
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    The risk of the GM disbanding the guild has always existed, rewards or not. If you think it's a possibility that your current GM may abandon the guild, you may wish to find another guild before it becomes a problem.

Anyway, if you get to exalted, just buy everything you can. You won't lose what you bought even if you leave the guild or the guild is disbanded (although certain things might require rep to use, most of them--including the heirlooms, pets, and mounts--do not).

Pretty much what i'm saying is if you ever leave what ever guild your in right now and join a different one good luck grinding all that reputation again to get any kind of reward.

I've heard if you leave your current guild but don't join another one and end up rejoining your old guild your reputation goes back to what it was. Although overall that doesn't help any when your going to a different guild for what ever reason it is.

I'm a little sketchy on the amount but i'm not sure how hard it is to hit weekly Guild Reputation cap by doing daily quests alone.
    Last edited by teh1tom; 2010-12-29 at 10:51 PM.

The whole purpose for guild rep is to encourage people to stay with a guild when things are slow. People get guild hoppy come expansion time because some people don't want to raid or whatever. Well now instead a spur of the moment "You guys suck" moment of leaving the guild will have a much bigger consequence.

Just like being an asshat to your GM will have much bigger potential consequences.

Also I don't think its such a bad thing that random bank alt can't craft everything that an actual guild can. Also one of the reasons that Chaos Orbs are BoP. Can't craft epics with an alt that you don't play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Pretty much what i'm saying is if you ever leave what ever guild your in right now and join a different one good luck grinding all that reputation again to get any kind of reward.
    That's kind of what guild rep is trying to deter: guild-hopping. Anyway, like I said, just buy the available rewards from your current guild before leaving.

Fact is, it needs to be slow to acquire and reset between guilds to stop the guild hoppers. As a Classic raider, back before race/faction/server transfers, BOA gear, RAF, Welfare epics, Badge systems etc, people were devoted to their main character and their guild. Now? People swap mains, swap guilds, swap servers blah blah blah, it just destroy's any chances of keeping a guild together when people can just guild hop.

Here's hoping more people will make a proper commitment to staying with their guilds instead of jumping ship after a bad raid night.

Yea I see the point you guys are trying to make but when your going down with a sinking ship and you have to join a new guild at 0/3000 reputation it really sucks.

Cooking is a secondary profession; I'm wondering why you aren't doing this on your main?

This was done because all the guild jumping people were doing in WOTLK. The whole purpace of Guild Reputation is to cause Players to actually want to stay with their guilds. Everyone is bound to it because even Guild Leaders could destroy a guild.

I am personally happy with it because every guild I joined for 3 months just disbanded shortly after joining because there was no reason for people to stay with guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by mklovin View Post
    Cooking is a secondary profession; I'm wondering why you aren't doing this on your main?
    That is actually a good point but if you were already making ~2-3K a day on about an hour or two of work would you actually want to level your cooking from level 1 to 525 and spend another 9 days on daily quests for the primary purpose of just being able to get guild reputation enough to buy one pattern on a different character?