Raiding progression path

My guild recently downed our 5th raid boss (we were a bit slow out of the gate due to core raiders not being ready yet and having to pug 2-3 people). First boss we did was Halfus Wyrmbreaker, downed him the first night and moved on to double dragons. Couldn't get it down that night so returned the following night and downed it within a couple of attempts - we then moved on to BWD and downed Magmaw and council that same time.

Once we got to that point we were kind of at a loss as to where to go next.. We decided on maloriak, managed to down him, but that wasn't before attempting chimaeron and realised we probably weren't quite focused enough/ready for it.
    We also thought to Atramedes but it was quite late and the trash destroyed us which was slightly embarrassing :S going back fresh should change things though.

So my question is this.. What order did you take in regards to boss progression?

Deleted
    Conclave of wind is a very easy boss.

Chimareon is basically down to your healers and whether they ever did anubarak hc healing.

Ascendant council in Bastion of Twilight isnt that hard, p3 is very much a dps race mind.

And to reply to your question -

halfus ->2dragons->ascendant council->cho'gall ->conclave/omnotron/magmaw (cant remember the order of those 3) -> chimareon -> maloriak

My guild went Halfus first, then Omnitron and Magmaw, then Conclave of Wind, then Twin Dragons, then Maloriak. So I guess my suggestion would be Atramedes or Conclave. We tried Ascendant Council last night and it was rough, going to Atramedes and hopefully Chimaeron tonight. No idea on the difficulty order of the end bosses (Cho'Gall, Al'Akir, Nefarian) but that's something I'm curious about.

Omnotron -> Halfus -> Valiona+Theralion -> CoW -> Magmaw -> Maloriak -> Atramedes -> Chimaeron -> Council -> Al'akir -> Cho'gall -> Nef(where we're at now).

Edit: Maloriak is horribly easy and so is Atramedes if you can move out of AoE. Chimaeron is rough on your healers and having a Paladin is really good, Council is just annoying. Al'akir and Cho'gall are both very doable bosses and it doesn't really get challenging until Nef which can be a bit of a bitch.
    Last edited by Mizzeeh; 2010-12-30 at 12:43 AM.

my guild started halfus => omnotron => magmaw and now we're at maloriak but apparently according to yall 2dragons is easier? well Conclave of wind is super easy we just had a shaky raid comp last time we attempted it and Maloriak isn't to difficult either we 3 healed it and got it 2% before enrage hit so if y'all got any tips for valiona and theralion i would really appreciate it.

10 or 25man on the 2 Dragons?

From a 10man POV, its probably the easiest fight in the game at the moment. First dragon, just have a loose grouping around the back of the dragon, group up a couple of seconds before the debuff is placed, as soon as it is, dispell and spread back out in a loose group (to split the splash damage when dispelled). Using this tactic also makes it very very easy to avoid the flame breath, everyone just runs through to the other side of the boss and the tank moves the boss around rather than the whole raid moving again. Phase trans, just don't stand in the big spinny purple swirles.

2nd Dragon, on 10man you need a minimum of 3 people to stand at ranged to make sure the fire patches go out there, so just have a group of 3 ranged (we also chucked a holy pally out there when they were OP for easy AE healing) start up the stairs on one side of the room and just kite around the outside, standing at the edge of each patch to make sure there is a good overlap. Rest of the raid stands right in melee, all on the same spot to split the damage nicely. Whoever gains the explosion debuff, runs out away from the raid and continues to DPS/Heal. Phase trans, just watch where the boss is and don't stand in the fire/the boss's path. Rinse and repeat until dead. (I can't remember the names of the debuffs off the top of my head, but there is only 1 'dangerous' debuff in each phase)

Take one tank, 2/3 healers and the rest DPS (with min 3 ranged), used 3 healers for most kills with my guild just because we weren't in much of a hurry to speed kill it.

In terms of progress, our guild went Wyrmbreaker/Twin Dragons/Ascendent Council then Conclave of Wind, then Omno/Magmaw/Maloriak/Atramedes/Chimaeron then we stopped raiding until after the new year (took us two weeks to make this progress from raiding 2/3 days after Cata release so we were attempting Wyrmbreaker and Twin dragons whilst undergeared)