Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    After some quick googling your MB and AM3 X6 should work fine.

If you take a look at
    http://media.ldlc.com/ld/products/00...00767179_2.jpg
    It has a 4pin power connection on the right side of the picture it's blue.

From what I'm reading if you do have the 4pin and 24pin connected it's probably something else that's wrong. I'm sure someone here can get ya fixed up though.

You can usually find problems like yours on other forums http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us
    Last edited by Kupo; 2010-12-30 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 650 watt psu, and i dont hear any beeps when it starts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try to google "Asus M4A87TD EVO no signal" it seems other ppl are having the same issue. Sadly im so noob in the forums i can´t yet post links =)

yeah that mobo does support the x6, take out the video card, leave everything else in see if it beeps at you on power up, if not probably a nuked board

if you have to rma the board i suggest one of the higher end msi boards they are rock solid form my experience

No weapon has ever settled a moral problem. It can impose a solution but it cannot guarantee it to be a just one.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Kupo;9933672]After some quick googling your MB and AM3 X6 shwould work fine.

If you take a look at
    http://media.ldlc.com/ld/products/00...00767179_2.jpg
    It has a 4pin power connection on the right side of the picture it's blue.

From what I'm reading if you do have the 4pin and 24pin connected it's probably something else that's wrong. I'm sure someone here can get ya fixed up though.

You can usually find problems like yours on other forums [URL="http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20101225034132269&board_id=1&model=M4A87TD%2FUSB3&page=1&SLanguage=en-us[/URL][/QUOTE]

Omfg.... didnt see that. I may love you in a few seconds... will post back with results.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 06:48 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Omfg.... didnt see that. I may love you in a few seconds... will post back with results.
    NVM, it didnt work :P. Ty tho

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 07:27 AM ----------

Ok i got the screen to work but now i got a bluescreen D:
    "Rock Knocker"

Bluescreen as in, with your HDD attached? If so, try stopping it at the bios, and making sure all your ram/cpu settings are correct. Usually just hit the reccomended defaults or something, I have an MSI mobo, so I'm not familiar with asus bios. I was having bluescreen problems before, and it was because my ram was running at an incorrect setting, the defaults fixed it.

I'm having the exact same problem you are and am on my 2nd mobo, so any thing that ends up helping you by all means share. Been dealing with this problem since mid-November and no luck yet on mine. Exact same mobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem you are and am on my 2nd mobo, so any thing that ends up helping you by all means share. Been dealing with this problem since mid-November and no luck yet on mine. Exact same mobo.
    I put in the second power pin near the processor, everything started fine.

Now, my harddrive is not the issue, I plugged it in to my old computer and it booted up fine, no issue. But I still get a blue screen when its in my new build. In the Asus BIOS, everything is on the AUTO function, which im sure is the default setting. The bluescreen Im getting is STOP: 0x07b and some other letters/numbers after it.
    "Rock Knocker"

Does the hard drive already has a windows (xp?) installed on it? Is it connected by IDE?

10+ Year Old Account
    The old hard drive has vista installed on it, yes. Connected by IDE? IDK i just put the sata cable into the mobo and hard drive. Whats IDE :P
    "Rock Knocker"

You might have to install windows again for your new mobo if you have significant hardware changes which is the case when you get a new mobo Windows freaks out. If you have a way to backup your data or create a new partition on your existing drive then try to install and see what happens there are ways to get around those issues but they are pretty complicated and it is easier to uninstall.
    Last edited by mazox74; 2010-12-30 at 11:49 PM.

The place i buy my pc parts no longer stock this board...unfortunetly there are only a few reviews on it, there is a good chance that the hex core processor dosnt work on it, the mobo was in need of a bios update for some of the reviewers aswell.
    ohh and you'll need to re install windows if your using your old hdd. and the ide conection is the old old conector for your hdd/dvd drive
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2010-12-30 at 11:52 PM.

I'm pretty sure the problem now is the hard drive.

Since I have never used Vista or tired to boot my old hard drive on my new computer. Have a look though the bios and make sure the storage config is set to IDE mode or try setting it to AHCI.

One thing to do is google vista and your error number. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...4-ae8786221165

If it comes to it the best thing to do would buy a new HD and install vista or even windows 7 on it. You can usually buy a OEM copy of windows from a computer store if you buy a blank HD.

You will need to to do a repair install of windows... if that don't work then reformat and install... You always have to do this 99 our of 100 times when u get a new mobo with a different HHD controller.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 01:21 AM ----------

after that check out the bios updates at asus.com for it... and have usb memory stick to do it with, its relatively safe that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to get a new hard drive :P And get Windows 7 to go along with it. Any recommendations on the best bang for your buck? Looking for ~750gigs.
    "Rock Knocker"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148433

Nice cheap 1tb one. Its what I use. I'll most likely pick up a second one shortly.