15+ Year Old Account

The Value of Expertise (tanking)

I've been trying to figure out exactly how valuable Expertise is to bears. At first I thought I needed to be at cap cause I was following the guide here but then as I read EJ, I saw that expertise seems to be a weak stat for bears. Now right now I'm at 26 Expertise with reforging haste into it, as well as gemming for it. I'm doing fine in heroics, but I feel like this isn't optimal. Any thought on what I should be reforging to and gemming for? From what I saw, I need to reforge into dodge and gem pure stamina except for the two green gems that I need to meet the Meta requirement.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yoshiro/simple

Deleted
    u cant put a static value to expertise. Of course it is good to be expertise capped, but what should u sacrifice for it or should u sacrifice anything for it.

So the question is not "How valuable is expertise" but "how much more valuable is expertise compared to all other stats". I would like u and everyone else who reads this to redirect u to my thread, where i am trying to figure out exactly that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-Stats-(Bears)

There's a fair amount of debate in this thread about expertise already. Don't really need another one on the front page.

To save you the trouble, Expertise isn't a very good stat, and certainly isn't something you should reforge or gem for. Gem for Stam or Stam/Agi and reforge to Dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I don't PvP much, but I fought a Mage in Tol Barad one time. It was kind of like playing Wheel of Fortune. Except every space was Bankrupt.

so many other threads covering this. Ive been tanking numerous heroics with 9 expertise (just got the jp legs and after reforging exp to dodge im at 12 now) no issues with threat at the moment and even can top some dps meters. haha. Granted that will change as others gear level matches mine but still its fun.. as they get gear ill get gear.. so it works out.

It's not valuable. Gem stam/agil, reforge dodge/mastery.