10+ Year Old Account

Pain and Suffering

I don't understand why the made the chance to refresh sw p 60%. When I aoe 2-5 mobs I tend to cast vt and sw p on them and getting unlucky with Mind flay refreshes really kills my mana. So I'm wondering, did blizz ever explain why they reduced the chance?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the 60% chance is calculated on every tick of Mind Flay. By the time you do a full 3 ticks, the percentage is more like 92% or so. So, in essence, it's going to be very rare that MF doesn't refresh SW-P, especially given how much we use MF these days. It's possible that it won't refresh but pretty unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah, i always though it was just on the initial cast but regardless i think it would better to make 100% again so we dont have to worry on rng when it comes to multidotting and keeping sw p up in the most efficient way
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    ah, i always though it was just on the initial cast but regardless i think it would better to make 100% again so we dont have to worry on rng when it comes to multidotting and keeping sw p up in the most efficient way
    True enough. People also want to the randomness around orb generation eliminated as well. I understand why people want everything to line up nicely. I also understand the notion that it's a better game in one sense if some things are left to chance which encourages being flexible and paying attention to what's going on. I'm pretty ambivalent about it to be honest.

Elimination of RNG from our mechanics will probably come with a cost/nerf somewhere else so be careful what you wish for. It's nice to imagine that RNG could go away with no further changes but it seems to me that's unlikely.

Anyway, glad I could help.