Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    yea it does really get annoying when some people cc stuff that i didn't ask em to... Especially something like mind control where it'll be broken mid-pull and have insane aggro on the priest.
    t4unt butt0n i5 u53fu11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    I'll cc pull because dk's don't understand what it means to not touch sheeps
    and here comes the stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    maybe some dps are trying to help by ccing mobs because they get tanks who think they can just aoe tank everything
    this. sometimes when I join a pug I'll say "I'll repen the square, mage/shaman hex/sheep the moon." or whatever and the tank won't even wait for us to CC, he will run in and break any CC we manage to put on it.

But then again this is why I stopped pugging and only run with my guild.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    MC pulling can be a good thing, if you just let the other mobs pound on the slave then it'll be dead before MC breaks. Even if MC breaks early, the priest can just recast it.

Other forms of CC can benefit from being used to pull as well since it means that the mob in question won't have a chance to run to melee range where some idiot can keep cleaving* it.

*also includes cleav-esque abilities

if done properly its quite usefull for easily removing a troublesome mob from the equation so i dont really see the point in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druun View Post
    I agree with all of this except the "all tanks do is aggro." Its not a easy job being a tank and holding that aggro when you have all the dps trying to slam themselves to the top of recount as fast as possible.

I will CC known casters if the tank doesnt mark them. Generally, they get broken anyway. It doesnt hurt to cc something that isnt marked if you keep your eye on the cd and make sure to re-up if its getting to close to falling off.

I hate reading "we dont need to cc here" from a tank...
    Yea, you're right, but I'm just making the point that soo many tanks think they are the only ones worth a shit in heroics. In fact, tanks tend to be the most idiotic when it comes to trash. I choose to CC because it 1) reduces the damage done, making the healer have to do less, 2) reduces the number of targets the tank has to control, making it easier for the tank, and 3) gives the DPS less targets, allowing them to focus on one/two targets that the tank *should* have complete control of.

When I start to mark CC and the tank goes "we don't need CC," he all of a sudden made every single person's role in that group much harder. Also, when the tank does want CC and tells us to CC pull, please, PLEASE wait a couple seconds. I'm standing 30 yards away from the mobs, you don't have to go swinging when they move 3 feet. You're completely defeating the point of a CC pull, which is to actually move the nonCCd mobs away from the CCd ones.

Again, I'll let the tank mark if he knows the place. But I don't view you as some leader of the group. I'm not going to blindly listen to you if I know you are wrong. If someone in that group knows which mobs should be CC'd, that's the guy I'm going to let mark.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Premise View Post
    How exactly do you figure that?

The tank picks up aggro, and holds the enemies attention through the entirety of the fight.
    Therefore, it makes sense that the tanks organize the pull.

Healers do enough as is.

Besides Tanks have always been the ones to mark as far back as I can remember. They set the tone for the whole instance. They're basically leading it.
    I disagree. anyone can mark, anyone can lead. Just because you tank you dont instantly become god. You are equally as replaceable as dps these days.

And I agree if mobs aren't marked for cc, dont bloody cc. And if you feel your group uses to little cc then make that point and see how the others feel, if they agree then put a mark up which you cc, teamgame you know?

How about if people talked when in a group on a social mmo video game and sorted this things out before hand..

*GASP*O.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will CC if I can without being asked if I notice it's a low geared healer who is having mana issues or the tank / group is taking a god awful amount of damage from a ranged mob, or I notice the rogues sap is about to drop off and there's still mobs up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hayharut View Post
    is it really so hard to switch targets?
    i mean honestly id prefer the dps to mc the mob im tanking than to have no cc whatsoever
    so stop the QQ and be happy some dps have the mind to help
    This really, I don't mind and in fact quite like it if the DPS take the initiative to CC on their own. I mark anyway so I have this problem, if you want to AOE everything just say it's not that hard. I would rather someone CC a mob unexpectedly than be asked to and do it so late the CCed mob is in the middle of what I am trying to tank.

Unless your awareness is really that bad that you just run off to the next pack because you failed to see a mob you aren't currently tanking....

10+ Year Old Account
    I have stopped telling randoms about glyphed fear.

You tank it all Roy Rogers, and they will know us by the trail of dead.

As a survival hunter I cc even if not asked because I get a proc of my trap. Besides its crazy not to cc as just makes fights easier. Still coming across tanks who ask "what does cc mean btw" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    As a healer I would like as much CC as possible. CC's role in heroics and dungeons is to reduce the damage to the tank and the group, therfore its reasonable to asume that if you have it, use it. Sure I can keep the tank and group alive without the cc in most cases but why should I have to work harder just so the tank can feel like a super hero bitch slapping a bunch of mobs.
    This is the simple truth. If the tank wants to be beaten up by all mobs and be kept alive, he/she should also expect a mana break after every fight, resulting in waiting for regen, which leads to the dungeon taking just as long (or longer) as with the use of CC. WoW is no longer about reaching a goal as quick as possible - It's about surviving long enough to get there. A fight with CC takes less time than doing x amounts of corpse runs.

I don't care which partymember takes the lead, as long as there is some knowledge behind decisions made. Dps, tanks and healers should know when it's safe to take damage and how to prevent it.

So, be thankful for all well intended CC you can get. WoW is a lot more fun to play when not in ghost form ^^;.
    Last edited by Hyulvinji; 2010-12-30 at 12:57 PM.

If you were not using the priest MC you were depriving yourself of a very useful mechanic. I'm going to go ahead and say the priest knew what he/she was doing more than you did.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    This was a regular dungeon, and we were using cc, just not the priests mc. Also the healer was manaing up.
    That's a whole different thing than what you said in your starting post.

There are a few different things when unwanted CC is bad:
    - The rest of the Group is resting.
    - CC pull when the tank isn't ready.
    - CC disrupting the tanks pull (sheep a mob and not allowing the tank to get the mob around the corner because of a patrolling mob and as the sheep ends the mob and patrol pay you a visit, not good)

Also, MC is a rather special CC due to the 'taunting' effect after it wears off and the inability of the priest to move during MC (great if you MC something and suddenly stand in the fire). But if a Warlock randomly banishes an elemental I'm tanking or a mage throws a sheep at one of the 4 mobs I'm tanking it's all fine.

In the end, communication is everything, just tell the priest to stop MCing after he did it the first time, if he does it again and again, Votekick him or Leave if you can't stand it.

Deleted
    In a dungeon group there is the healer which is 1 person that fills up a spot out of 5, the same rules apply for the tank who are 1 person that takes up 1 spot, the dps fills up 3 spots however each of those spots is someone who is 1/3 of a person so technically you only have 3 people in a group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    I love rogues
    I love you too random stranger <3

I hate tanking when DPS randomly CC things that I didn't ask them to because I'm going to be hitting it with abilities. It usually makes the mobs be all over the place and then they also waste tons of time trying to cast and recast that CC on the mob while it has a bleed on it, when they don't even need to. You can easily get by with CCing one mob a pack in most places. I also hate in GB when there is a pack with 3 mobs that are almost dead and I don't mark ANY CC because you absolutely don't have to and seriously you're joking if you think you can't kill those three mobs with 30,000 health within 4 seconds of each other. But then the mage sheeps one and the DPS attack the one with the most health. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have multiple threads containing Tanks Vs DPS Vs Healer and which role they play. Please keep those conversations to one of the many we already have. Thank you.