Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadugarr View Post
    What poisons and diseases are said mage applying that you're dispelling Mr. Ret?
    talented cleanse removes roots and snare efects retard
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I would assume he is dispelling the snares.
    Dispelling magic is only available to holy now...Jadugarr is just noting that the OP fails to read spell tool tips. So therefor is just wasting mana on empty dispels. Kind of an annoying change honestly I miss the "there is nothing to dispel message" rather than "okay tard, I'll cast it but it is not gonna do anything lol"

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    talented cleanse removes roots and snare efects retard
    talented cleanse is deep holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    If blink were ever removed, dead mages would be a more common sight than "NOW UBER CHEAP GOLD AT..."
    It's one of their most useful pvp abillites, removing it would destroy the class.
    Its also useful in PvE. Removing it will remove a great way to escape things that would otherwise kill us. We can get out of fires and other ground effects easier with blink. Helps the healer a hell lot.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post

Look at this please. Acts of Sacrifice

10+ Year Old Account
    Dispelling magic is only available to holy now...Jadugarr is just noting that the OP fails to read spell tool tips. So therefor is just wasting mana on empty dispels. Kind of an annoying change honestly I miss the "there is nothing to dispel message" rather than "okay tard, I'll cast it but it is not gonna do anything lol"

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 03:54 PM ----------

I stand corrected >.<, I never noticed AoS, I Stay holy. Big 2 handers are not my thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You simply re-roll, no point playing ret where you can put any class in your comp and do better. Go holy or re-roll.

Yeah I can do the same thing with a Destruction lock...does that mean I'm OP, no it mean Either I'm a good player(I'm decent at best), or I'm fighting bad players(such as yourself, who instead of learning from mistakes comes to QQ). Your logic on why something is OP is flawed, and are argument is moot.
    please dont post this crap, im tearing my keyboard and cant afford to buy next one this week
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissmonstar View Post
    Seriously? Acts of Sacrifice

Try learning what classes have before you try to act like a jackass.

Also to all the mages in here, I think the common complaint is that Mages are scissors, while every other class is paper. I'm by no means saying that mages need to be crazy nerfed like suggested before, but there is a little imbalance right now.
    Thank you good sir. Finally, someone who's not crying MASSIVE NERF about mages.
    Its imbalanced in PvP yeah, but PvE we're doing fine, except for Arcane...

Anyways, Bluepost yesterday said they're nerfing spellsteal, frost nova and ring of frost.
    Oh hey. All your prayers were answered folks. Now stop whining and wait for the patch.

I swear...spellsteal is helpful in many a-PvE instances...if they nerf it down to the ground I'm gonna be pissed.

dispelling magic is only available to holy now...jadugarr is just noting that the op fails to read spell tool tips. So therefor is just wasting mana on empty dispels. Kind of an annoying change honestly i miss the "there is nothing to dispel message" rather than "okay tard, i'll cast it but it is not gonna do anything lol"

---------- post added 2010-12-30 at 03:54 pm ----------

can you fail more? Take a look at ret talent tree before posting garbage

Yes, but your observation was that Dks are good at killing casters. And that you should Have beaten them. Correct. Now as far as you healing the DK all that means is you did a bad job at healing your DK if he died, or mealy were out played. If you Dk was having trouble with a mage with you healing him then you were not doing your job as his arena partner(I assume arena setting correct me if I'm wrong.) If this was an arena settign you made no mention of his partner.
    Nope, world PvP, if it was arena he would have been dead as he wouldn't have been able to kite as well. No way to lock on mage down when my stun has a long cooldown nd he can blink every 15 sec...

10+ Year Old Account
    please dont post this crap, im tearing my keyboard and cant afford to buy next one this week
    Well since you had no defense against my rather simple argument, other than please don't post carp. With no support on how anything in my post was crap. I'll just declare you as a crying child until such point that you come up with a legitimate argument.

Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    The best way to kill a mage is to /w food plox or /w PORTAL PLLZZZZZ, it will kill a mage in a matter of seconds!

Joking aside..

If blink were ever removed, dead mages would be a more common sight than "NOW UBER CHEAP GOLD AT..."
    It's one of their most useful pvp abillites, removing it would destroy the class.

This would't make a big difference when it comes down to all the freeze spells they have. Even if a mage wants to they can't keep a person frozen forever diminishing returns have made it pretty hard to keep people frozen.
    freeze/sheep/slow combo can last forever. Its obvious that i was trolling at removal of blink (not that i wouldnt like fucking up mages for month or two) but in all seriousness - increase blink CD, make CD on sheep, longer cd on freezing craps or even better forberance like bullshit after using 2 freezing spells in row....

Deleted
    Well since you had no defense against my rather simple argument, other than please don't post carp. With no support on how anything in my post was crap. I'll just declare you as a crying child until such point that you come up with a legitimate argument.
    The legitimate argument was that the information in your post was wrong.
    Not sure if that's a legitimate argument, in your opinion.

EDIT : Ah my bad, i thought you were still arguing about AoS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    it all boils down to getting your HoF and you being bad at cleansing yourself. i haven't had much experience with Rets with Cata but in Wotlk killing you just comes down to running and running the opposite way you're coming while spamming spellsteal until i get your HoF and can finally lay some damage into you.

that said Pallys are/were a bitch when you couldn't get the HoF(buff stacking or when dispel resistance was a facctor) or in BG's in multiples since its impossible to stop 2-3 pallys with HoF. Pallys shouldn't be crying about Mages tho since in the right scenarios where they can't run much(close quarters), or you catch them low you have it the easiest just throwing HoW's at them to gib them. you're probably better off spec'ing Prot to take on mages altho i can still spellsteal/kite you. just takes longer and runs me a lot more oom.
    Please stop comparing pre-cata stuff with what is now - that's wrong.

Consider all classes overhauled, and all that "was" is nothing but memories now - arguments that are outdated (such as some of yours) are inadequate currently and are negatively affecting the problem's solution's issue. No offence meant.

In order to catch mage as ret first of all HoF needs to be improved (20 sec cd, 10 sec duration), that helps a bit, wel unless they spellsteal at of course

As for running OOM because of cleanse issue - don't cleanse non-stop, use judgement asap. You'll bee oom a bit later on in any case though (as simply HITTING a mage often, if not always, reduces your speed, and they will have at least 100% movement speed all the time because rets don't have any snares). That 15% faster movement won't help a lot as well, as with reduced speed - you'll be running slower than mage in any case.

About ret's self-healing. Please keep in mind that in order to actually heal with WoG ret needs to actually HIT his target with some of his abilities. As long as he doesn't hit - he can't selfheal. And there are too few mechanics for rets currently that would allow him to do that against even a mediocre frost mage.

Let's wait for the next patch, as it looks like it's heading to the right direction, but not all ret's issues are being addressed there, as the protection of ret's buffs against dispel/spellsteal or other buff negation mechanics currently don't exist.

Rets in their current state are quite crappy, the only thing they can do in 3x3 is play as a dps/heal class (on our battlegroup one team with support ret has 5th place with 2500 rating, which is nice). The idea here would be to take Selfless healer and Eternal glory. So if ret is not focused (which occurs not very often tbh) - there are like 1.5 healer in his team

Currently, as I mentioned before, ret as hardly a viable class in arena, except for those single heroes that somehow manage to contol the situation and use all the tools given in order to succeed. The only hope ret has now is the following major patch, where ret's problems are recognized, accepted and fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Nope, world PvP, if it was arena he would have been dead as he wouldn't have been able to kite as well. No way to lock on mage down when my stun has a long cooldown nd he can blink every 15 sec...
    Eh, That world PvP for you. Too many X factors to be certain of anything. I could try to argue what possibly could have gone wrong for you or if the mage was was just really good. Like I said too many X factors. And as far as locking down a mage Honesty you should have told the DK to hold is DG, you stun the mage let him blink out of it, Have DK DG him and eat him....or force an Iceblock. Best way to kill a mage is to force hem to use their CDs.

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    So you want to massively nerf Mages just so you can kill your counter class? Riiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Thank you good sir. Finally, someone who's not crying MASSIVE NERF about mages.
    Its imbalanced in PvP yeah, but PvE we're doing fine, except for Arcane...

Anyways, Bluepost yesterday said they're nerfing spellsteal, frost nova and ring of frost.
    Oh hey. All your prayers were answered folks. Now stop whining and wait for the patch.

I swear...spellsteal is helpful in many a-PvE instances...if they nerf it down to the ground I'm gonna be pissed.
    just make it useless in pvp, cant use on players. i'd be happy, you'd be happy.... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Had to admit defeat on AoS, not above admitting when I'm wrong. What you saw there was an entirely septate argument :P
    Last edited by Natrii; 2010-12-30 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Say and Saw are not the same word :P neither is their or there.

Deleted
    My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    Had thought this is a serious thread until I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    So you want to massively nerf Mages just so you can kill your counter class? Riiiiiiiiight.
    yeah, i need some free honor....oh wait...there are hunters