High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Does FPS affect our DPS that harshly?

Was just curious if having low FPS would exponentially hurt our DPS (muti esp.)?

15+ Year Old Account
    any form of lag will affect it. Remember, just because you press a key don't mean that the action associated to that key will happen when you press it. There is always a reaction time and with lag it increases. Lag or FPS can be a factor of a 2000dps difference (maybe more) if its bad enough.

Deleted
    yupp, it every will be lol. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel....no Palestine....no Israel...no....
    That's why you gotta play low settings like a champ *pops collar*
    People tell me rogues are unfair.......then I stab them.

Deleted
    Allways running the game on lowest graphic to max the performance of my computer.
    Ofc I loss the really good animations Blizz have made, but that's a choice to make. I dont wont to loss the extra dps coz of lag

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it like this, if you have 60 fps, you have 60 frames every second that can recieve a button click. But if you have 15 fps, you only have 15 frames every second that can recieve the click. And if you have 0.1 slowing every second that means your effective GCD wont be one second, but 1.1 second. Greatly reducing the amount of buttons you can press a minute.

I play with 0-10FPS. sup

If you are under 20 fps then your numbers will suffer as a result. If you can be higher then that of couse you want to but the difference isn't as big as it is sub 20 fps.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    and will suffer even more if you don't see the fire under your feets

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't affect us as much as it does some classes. We're not GCD capped, but it will affect you a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    It doesn't affect us as much as it does some classes. We're not GCD capped, but it will affect you a bit.
    This is true. However, faster is always better

I dont do it for less than 50fps on ultra

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel....no Palestine....no Israel...no....
    Eh, in BC low partical density was occsaionally rape on fire....but ICC was lowest-PD setting friendly, and Cata seems to be the same so far. Though I cleaned up the old computer and can happly play one setting above the lowest in just partical density for that very reason.
    People tell me rogues are unfair.......then I stab them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Low fps will affect any class's dps.

You should have seen how much my dps increased when I got a new computer.

I'd been playing on a laptop that got 5fps or less in raids, at the very lowest graphics settings. Getting a computer that never, ever dips below 30fps on ultra did some GREAT and noticeable things for my dps.

The new computer also allowed me to actually survive Sindragosa. With the laptop, I could not get out of Blistering Cold in time. Ever. Never got hit by it again once I got the new computer.

i've not fps problems, but lag problems (sitting regularly around 200-250ms) and this hits my dps. maybe not a lot, but for sure counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Look at it like this, if you have 60 fps, you have 60 frames every second that can recieve a button click. But if you have 15 fps, you only have 15 frames every second that can recieve the click. And if you have 0.1 slowing every second that means your effective GCD wont be one second, but 1.1 second. Greatly reducing the amount of buttons you can press a minute.
    Except it doesn't really work like that, but yeah, anyway, your dps can be heavily impacted by connection/computer performance problems.. or even completely annihilated if there's too many problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i've not fps problems, but lag problems (sitting regularly around 200-250ms) and this hits my dps. maybe not a lot, but for sure counts.
    Latency should matter less than fps, simply because latency is constant. But it still does, though.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    Except it doesn't really work like that, but yeah, anyway, your dps can be heavily impacted by connection/computer performance problems.. or even completely annihilated if there's too many problems
    There are alot of other factors i did not state, but giving a general idea.

10 fps representing!
    Also I dont really care if I have awsome textures on trees wich I cannot see inside my raid, or how nice the shadows from buildings look, So I'm also running lowest settings like a boss!
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.