Deleted

How to bring a tank back from Hell

Hi dear Holy Priests Friends,

I wrote this thread because in every guides i rode about how to heal as a priest, I never found something like 'the best way to save a dying tank'.
    As a Holy I am totally aware that guardian spirit is the Obvious spell to cast to save my Tank (thank you captain obvious).
    But what I don't know is what do I do if I don't have it?

Today I use a sequence like Holy word: serenity, Flash heal*2, Greater Heal. that can basically heal something like 70K heal in 4 GCD but do you think this way is the best?
    should I use Power word : shield in my desperate sequence? or PoM?

what's your opinion?

Power Word: Shield is too weak to make a difference, as Holy. It won't even buy you time for one melee swing from the boss.

Mending is a little meh. You can toss it out on the tank after the Greater, to help top/keep him up. But if he's low HP, including a move that requires him to be hit to trigger is pretty silly

Serenity, 2xFlash, and Greater is about the best you'll get in "zomg" burst recovery.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be afraid to pop your Guardian Spirit.
    Without GS I think Serenity, two Flash Heal followed by a Greater Heal is probably the best. If he's still in danger after that he's standing in stuff he shouldn't be standing in .
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the GS cooldown reset. But yeah, serenity, 2x Flash, GH probably your best bet.

Guardian Spirit is a great tanksaver. Whether the tank "dies" or lives with GS on it don't really matter, you kinda saved his life by popping the cooldown. Like all other priests, I very much miss the old 1 min cooldown, but don't be afraid to blow it when needed.

For maximum possible throughput, go for a 2x Flash Heal, 1x Greater Heal combo like already suggested. You WILL blow a lot of mana by doing this, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. Ultimately, the best option is to never end in a situation where the tank is about to die. This means being on your toes at all times, and ensuring that noone ever drops too far. It's better to blow a Greater Heal at an early stage than to blow twice the mana on Fheals trying to cover the lost ground.

Yeah what they said, 2xFH 1GH (if you already blew serenity)
    Pray your tank is smart enough to know when to use his CDs too... sometimes when I heal a pug I seen holy pallys really get nervous and blow LoH when they where in no danger to dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN View Post
    I miss the GS cooldown reset.
    Everyone misses the cooldown. Even people who didn't know what Guardian Spirit is.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Don't be afraid to pop your Guardian Spirit.
    I am never afraid to use my GS, that's maybe why I do need to know the best way to save a tank a second time^^.
    I play Goblin and I never felt My RP attitude that much in the past. pulling with the rocket, dying alone stupidly while laughing, asking PO for my Buffs, using everything looking like a gadget (my CD, trinkets, potions,...)
    I've forgot(forgotten?) my professions to learn engineering, and every turbo boots who fails or TP missings are an enormous part of FUN.

I was afraid that goblin and engineer would be not suiting priest correctly but I now think that a Little weird malefic and stupid creature using some infernal mechanics to try to keep people alive or not, is the way I ever wanted to play.

thank you blizzard
    Last edited by mmocef1a8dafc5; 2010-12-30 at 04:02 PM.