Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A few days ago Destruction was ahead, and at 20-25k dps, 200 dps is... well, 200 dps.
    That's pretty bad logic for a DPS class to be carrying around. I've gotten multiple world top 5th rankings on my Warlock along the last few weeks as Destruction, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    A few days ago Destruction was ahead, and at 20-25k dps, 200 dps is... well, 200 dps.
    That's pretty bad logic for a DPS class to be carrying around. I've gotten multiple world top 5th rankings on my Warlock along the last few weeks as Destruction, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.
    not saying your doing it wrong. but saying destruction is flat out higher than affliction is wrong. depending on the fight, affliction wil win, and i am yet to be beaten by a destruction warlock as of yet, so you carrying around your logic of destro is better is pretty bad logic.
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2011-01-01 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    not saying your doing it wrong. but saying destruction is flat out higher than affliction is wrong. depending on the fight, affliction wil win, and i am yet to be beaten by a destruction warlock as of yet, so you carrying around your logic of destro is better is pretty bad logic.
    Destruction was better for single target.
    You've been beaten by tons of Destruction Warlocks, including myself, were they in your group? Probably not.
    Of course the fight is a huge variable, but you should have clearly understood that I was talking patchwerk style single target damage done.
    Your statements are completely reversible, depending on the fight, destruction will win.
    Me stating that destruction had higher numbers on a single target patchwerk style fight was not bad logic, it was a raw fact. I don't care how much higher 2 is than 1, it's still higher.
    Claiming that 200dps is nothing is just silly.

200dps is nothing, its less than human error, its rng, its a lag spike. your fighting for 5-8minutes even on a patchwerk style fight, 200dps is pathetic to argue about.
    simcraft is crap, i dont care wot them number say, in game on bosses simcraft is useless. there is no such thing as a patchwerk style fight in cataclysm, so i dont compare any fight to one of them. your moving, your avoid this, killing that.

1% or less of your total damage is nothing to say this spec is better than that. coz on the day, at the time, on the boss that 1% wil be 1% in favour, or against you. and it wil usually be more than 1% coz noone can play a 100% perfect rotation on a boss fight, and dont say you can, coz thats bollox.

your arguing for a fight that doesnt exsist, i am arguin for fights that do exsist, see the difference. and what are your world top 5's? :S

They were days ago, so they may be outdated. But for our class it appears I dropped down to 6th for Omnitron and I havent checked where Im at for Atramedes currently.
    This is giving me a headache, the amount of movement in a majority of these fights is pretty low unless you over compensate.
    1% damage over a fight is a huge amount of damage, why do you think Worgen got nerfed?
    I'm not arguing for fights that don't exist, I've obviously outperformed many Warlocks on fights that do indeed exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one cares which spec is better. All three specs are viable and close in dps to each other, which means you're better off playing the spec that brings more things to the table for your raid and plays to your personal strengths better. If your raid has replenishment and stam buff already, you'd probably be better for your raid if you went demo or afflic. Demo isn't really needed if theres an ele shaman around. So on and so on.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild