Thread: Rotation addon

Rotation addon

Was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that handles rotations. Which you could perhabs select some pre-made ones and also create custom ones. Preferebly with a graphical display of icons which grey out after that spell of the rotation is cast.

I hope you've understood the description :P
    Code:
    while (flamingPeople)
    {
         ePenis++;
    }

10+ Year Old Account
    Most classes don't have a set rotation anymore. If you want an addon that will cast the spells for you, thats pretty much a bot. The closest thing to that would be a cast sequence macro that you spam. If you just want a visual display tell you what spell you should cast next, there might be one. However, I highly suggest you just learn the priority system of your class, it will result in much better DPS.

Deleted
    You can use Power Auras to do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Most classes don't have a set rotation anymore. If you want an addon that will cast the spells for you, thats pretty much a bot. The closest thing to that would be a cast sequence macro that you spam. If you just want a visual display tell you what spell you should cast next, there might be one. However, I highly suggest you just learn the priority system of your class, it will result in much better DPS.
    I read your post and pictured your little...I guess that's Ein...thing in the robe saying it.

But yeah, pretty much what this fella said.

Ret pallys used to have an addon that displayed the spell you should use next to help maximize dps, but since 4.0.1 it is obsolete. I've never seen anything like it for other classes though.

Certainly for Ret Pallies there used to be CLCRet which was popular for a while.
    Some quick searching has lead to a template based version, CLCTracker @ Curse which can via custom templates work for any given class or spec, with only a small number actually included already, and according to the description seem to be still designed around level 80.
    Though there is the option of creating your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, Powerauras Classic can do this. I have it set up on my Lock to display all the debuffs that AREN'T on my target that should be (on my offspec only). Then it is just a case of hitting Immolate, Corruption, Bane, Shadow Bolt, whatever as they drop off on Demo as I usually roll as Affliction (that my fingers can do automatically). Basically I need to practice more on Demo, but am too busy/lazy to do it.

Shock and Awe for enhancement shammys. I used this pretty a lot in wotlk. In Cata I don't. Feel doing more dps going by instincs than looking what to cast.

It is indeed possible for most classes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

You will always have better results by understanding why your rotation/priority is the way it is, than you will by simply memorizing it or having an addon tell you what to push. If you understand what each ability does and where it belongs in your rotation/priority, you can much more easily adapt to situations that throw the rotation off, and those will happen.