Thread: Is this viable?

Is this viable?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADrik/advanced

Is it viable to do what I did to my leggings? They are technically better than the 346 leggings, and seeing how you are meant to reforge dodge/parry to hit/exp the leggings already contain 110 hit. What do you guys think?

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not "meant" to reforge stuff into exp/hit. Theorycrafting on that is still quite unclear. But if you want to, expertise is worth more point per point than hit before the softcap.

I would unreforge the hit because as a dk tank any miss you have will cause a health replenishment loss, and at this point if you are going to be raiding with the gear at a minimum exp level the amount of health you generate greatly helps the healers and keeps you alive. I could be wrong but i have always capped hit on my dk before exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    You're not "meant" to reforge stuff into exp/hit. Theorycrafting on that is still quite unclear. But if you want to, expertise is worth more point per point than hit before the softcap.
    My overall point is, is it viable to use the dps tier leggings as a tanking piece over the 346 blue tanking leggings?

I guess it works if you hate set bonuses.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I guess it works if you hate set bonuses.
    I'd obviously use the dps legging tier piece until I obtain the tanking tier piece or the leggings off of Cho`gall. Also, there is no set bonus on the blue JP pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I'd obviously use the dps legging tier piece until I obtain the tanking tier piece or the leggings off of Cho`gall. Also, there is no set bonus on the blue JP pieces.

If you got it from BH, I could see it. If they were bought with VP, I can't.

And I know the JP pieces have no set bonus.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    W/o having the other piece of your set it is viable. The tier should have more stam/str/secondary stats. The way that particular piece is set up you most likely don't lose anything you would need. Grats on t11 btw!

Considering several tanking pieces are viable for DPS DKs, I'd say this was a good decision until you pick up the tanking ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.