Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battlegroup-wide Auction House

What do ya think?
    "I don't think they care, druids have their own city, they poop on people in bird form, they poop in the woods in bear form, they poop on roads in cat form, they poop underwater in walrus form, they have no respect for anything except trees." - Strakha

no.
    too much competition for everything

There will be more of everything for everyone!
    "I don't think they care, druids have their own city, they poop on people in bird form, they poop in the woods in bear form, they poop on roads in cat form, they poop underwater in walrus form, they have no respect for anything except trees." - Strakha

10+ Year Old Account
    no.
    this will drop prices on EVERYTHING, i like my realms weatlhy auction house

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months and everything would mediate anyway, no point imo. Would just be more of a resource hog than anything I think.

i would love it so much, lower prices baby

That would lead to gold farmers being able to transport gold across servers.

But I would like it so those 24/7 AH campers at least have more 24/7 AH campers to compete with

Yeah, because then I won't have to relist items often at all... More seriously, at first it sounds like a good idea, but when you think it over it wouldn't work. Prices would drop and everyone would just undercut each other every 30 second. Players with remote AH would also have gained an even bigger advantage than they already have.

They could separate it like neutral AH, so people who don't want to use it, don't have to. (their huge loss tho)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I like making money.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    hmm, I think it would be a good idea myself, but not without its problems. My realm is overpopulated so the AH is very full and cheap, but I can imagine some realms really struggle for some items. However it would benefit AH babysitters who can spent alot of time undercutting, with the extra competition I imagine you wouldnt sell much if you just posted it once a day.

Deleted
    Yes, It would be nice to have more of things, it would balance out some of the stupid prices.

Plus the WoW economy will be more stable due to the globalization. It will slow down dramatic changes in AH prices because people would have more competition and more choices.
    Also the people who undercut----They're items will be sold so fast that the higher priced stuff will actually sell too.

Post 1x stack of 20 Embersilk Cloth for 75g
    next day, 1000 stacks furder, everyone undercutting eachother it will be 5g.

Since im not playing the AH anymore this would be great since everything would be cheap. But it sucks that you get more competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjam View Post
    There will be more of everything for everyone!
    true
    its great to buy
    but crap if your selling

There would have to be made so many improvements to the AH-interface in that case. Even on a single-server AH, it's a bitch to navigate through certain items to reach the pages with stacks of that item. And no, I don't want to rely on an addon to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    true
    its great to buy
    but crap if your selling
    Actually it helps even if your selling. Your items get sold faster and you can get to making more of the items you sold. The speed compensates for the profit (which itself may increase over time)

Quote Originally Posted by Getcleaved View Post
    Post 1x stack of 20 Embersilk Cloth for 75g
    next day, 1000 stacks furder, everyone undercutting eachother it will be 5g.

Since im not playing the AH anymore this would be great since everything would be cheap. But it sucks that you get more competition.
    Flip side: One day embersilk is 5g each. Everyone decides to level tailoring. Embersilk becomes 75g.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Flip side: One day embersilk is 5g each. Everyone decides to level tailoring. Embersilk becomes 75g.
    Supply and Demand right there.

Considering that battlegroups basically don't exist anymore anyway...

No. Realms should remain discrete.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.