Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrizzle View Post
    Not kicking these people now will let them think they are playing at an acceptable level... What happens if content gets harder? Mass whining leads to qq and nerfing... We don't want this turning back into wotlk!
    You're going to be disappointed then. This is the first round of Heroics. Next content patch, Tier 11 will be bought with Justice Points. You have from now until the next patch to enjoy it, then it becomes WoTLK again. The 2nd content patch will make them even easier with Tier 12 being on Justice vendors. By the 3rd it will just be running into a Heroic and AoEing everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    And first HC in i get kicked third pull. (was dps)
    Just thought it funny, people will apparently take any chance to kick someone if they arent top dps. Jeez i've been carrying scrubs on my shaman for weeks and never initiated a votekick.
    Dps below tank on a boss fight means kick imo. Trash is diff, tank aoe is oppp

10+ Year Old Account
    Experience shows us that when a person lacks the morality or reason to do right, then they will do wrong when they see a chance without being caught or having consequences.

Righteous people do good, reprobates do bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    I kick any DPS that isn't up to snuff, doesn't mean I expect them to match my 18-20k, but if they're at 4-6k GTFO. No reason to be sub 8k as I was breaking 10k on December 7th/8th in my first heroics.
    18-20k dps, so pro

I never kick people unless they are doing something stupid. If they are doing their job and staying out of fire and CC'ing or just being all around pleasant i can deal with low DPS.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    People kick for stupid reasons. I once was in a heroic where the tank and healer attempted to remove a dps because we were all melee, not because we lacked CC or interupts or dmg output... because we were melee and they assumed we'd just get blown up because of it. Heroic stonecore and they weren't talking about Ozruk.

Also, I was once kicked from a Vortex Pinnacle heroic while being top dps, interupts (when needed) and taking the lowest dmg out of everyone. I asked my friend if any reason was given as I was running with him and he said "guy found out you're near mount achievement" =.=

edit: those posting kicks because of dps, what types of pulls are they and what mechanics are involved? Low dps by itself without a context isn't enough justification in my book for a kick in a heroic assuming the no one is dieing and the group is making progress.
    Anyone else notice this? you cant kick with only 3 people voting for you, you are either lying or your friend is a real dick for kicking you

OT: I only kick people if they are being obnoxious and are playing badly. More often then not, its tanks that end up getting the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I almost never kick people (I am a tank) and even less just because of low dps. There are very few fights where the dps will make or break the encounter. Correct target priority and CC will trump dps in many cases. Case in point: Erudax the other night. I was wiping in an LFD pug over and over because dps could not get the adds down. Eventually two dps left, and we got two replacements that were actually lower dps. One was a rog who was able to tag each add with some slow poison as they spawned and the other a hunter slowing w conc shot if one add got missed by the rog. The dps who left were up around 9-10k, but were slow to switch targets to adds and weren't using all the tools they had to slow the adds. Smart DD beats high dps imo...DD are much more than damage these days.
    Quoted for truth.
    Dps doesn't mean jack you control and interrupt the trash packs properly. And if you don't, even 3x20k dps on some packs will end with healer out of mana (if you get lucky it will be after the pack is mostly dead). While even 3x7-10k can CC 3/4 of the pack and then slice them up one by one at their leisure.
    Same on bosses. If you switch only when the add is already halfway to the eggs - guess what, you aren't actually doing your 20k. You're doing 10k or less effective DPS.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iceknight2006 View Post
    Anyone else notice this? you cant kick with only 3 people voting for you, you are either lying or your friend is a real dick for kicking you
    Do the math, dude. 5 people, 1 is the kicked, 1 is his friend => 5-1-1=3. Means that the rest of the group are all dicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Even 8k is generous...my guild runs average as LEAST 15k, one of ours pulled 24k in ToT last night. Heck I pulled 14k on the last boss as a tank and I was still bottom.
    You know that insane buff Neptulon gives you that make you crit millions? Yeah...

EDIT: I'm usually doing 15-16k on trash, and 18k+ on bosses. My survival hunter friend usually does 1k more than that, in equal gear. (Read: 355 avgilvl). This is in heroics, with me being ele.

Whoops, i was thinking it had to be all 4 people for some reason D: my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general people should be able pull at least 7k in heroics, but if they're doing 5k and bosses are dropping I could care less.

PS: I heard heroics are hard!

Deleted
    id rather kick someone for being an arrogant wanker, and carry the earnest noob so he knows what hes doing next time. also theres still a lot of balancing to be done, peoples dps isnt even yet, i.e. Survival doing crazy dps by accidently sneezing on their keyboard. the minimum item level is there for a reason, everyone should be capable of doing enough dps once they hit that cap, so hitting the right target and good CC is just as important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eater_of_birds View Post
    id rather kick someone for being an arrogant wanker, and carry the earnest noob so he knows what hes doing next time. also theres still a lot of balancing to be done, peoples dps isnt even yet, i.e. Survival doing crazy dps by accidently sneezing on their keyboard. the minimum item level is there for a reason, everyone should be capable of doing enough dps once they hit that cap, so hitting the right target and good CC is just as important.
    Insane dps just by sneezing on their keyboard? Go look on worldoflogs.com, please. They're only doing 500-2k more dps than most other specs on standstill fights such as Argaloth & Maloriak.

Quote Originally Posted by Relion View Post
    Funny how one person got banned for saying the same thing a bunch of other people did later in the thread... and they are still not banned.
    Looking at his post history, I'm pretty sure he didn't get banned for that post...

Oh, nvm, you're talking about a different guy.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2010-12-31 at 06:54 PM.

wow, so many wannabes in here.
    I generally don't kick people who do not behave like total morons or afk the whole time. It's just heroics, get over it or do guild runs...

Deleted
    This is funny - people would kick you for doing lower dps than they do in raid gear, then again the same people will tell you to gtfo if you are not raiding but want same gear they have asking "what you need it for if you are not raiding". Perhaps to not get kicked out ???

If you cannot pull more than 6k DPS in Heroics then you aren't ready for Heroics. Stay in regular dungeons until you can start performing at a Heroic level. This is no longer WotLK so standards are higher, people are not being dicks by kicking people.

I do the same thing as a Tank or a DPS, if you are doing less than the tank (if the tank is putting up 8k+ that is an exception) then you are doing something wrong and people who do things wrong need to learn to do them right and the best way to do that is to not go into a Heroic.

had people that did low dps and high dps didn't realy care, i only kick people that are like afk for 5 mins without telling anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    the only time i initiate a kick to a dps is when i (the tank) am pulling more dps then you and your still alive
    EH Tanks tend to do around 6 a 7k dps on single targets nowadays. People that kick other people because of dps are sad plai nand simple.

Like the other day I que as dps with my paladin and I'm below the tank with 6k dps. The hunter was bitching about my dps but every boss fight I ended up with more Damage done and I was CC mobs as retri while he just went on focussing on dps only.

I can't help that retri dps is broken in low level gear(330 to 350) but healing every instance and not being able to loot on dps because im healing sucks aswell. DD isn't the most important thing nowadays. So please people stop bitching about it and just CC and dps.

Example we get 2 adds and no one thinks he let me CC them. I hate that more than a 4k dps that CC's as a healer.

When you guys kick for poor DPS, are you only taking DPS on bosses in to account or the overall run (including trash)?

My overall DPS is horrible (6k'ish), but I do 9.5k on bosses.

As long as stuff dies and the healer isn't straining, I assume everything is fine.

Fury wars do have a CC, its whether or not they are smart enough to use it, or even glyph it just for heroics. If you don't know what I speak of its Intimidating Shout and it works fine as a CC, especially glyphed.