So, Halls of Origination Heroic with a guildie healer and 3 random dps..

Friend of mine, the healer, needed the trinket from Isiset but we didn't have any other guildies online willing to go (3 hours before new-year, go figure) so we take a leap at fate and hope we get 3 proper dps.

Seemed all fine and good, then when we reached Anraphet and killed him, the "Alpha Bracers" dropped.

There was one DPS Warrior there and me (Pala tank). 'Cause of the mastery on it, socket, and hit rating wich I still lacked a little, using my own proper mind I figured it'd be great to replace my 333 wrists with, so I need aswell. I win them, the warrior starts raging because the wrists don't got dodge/ parry and thus it not being a tank item in any way.
    Spent 5 minutes explaining the use of Mastery, a gem socket AND hitrating, wich is all good for a tank in Cata.

So eventually I give in, give him the wrists and he's all elitist all of a sudden.

And we move on towards Setesh... Tank head dropped, I didn't need it but the warrior I geuss felt he needed to moan some more and said "I could ninja that but it doesn't have hit so it's not a dps item." At this point I was just lost, how can people be so ignorant and yet talk as if they know it all when they clearly are too stupid to see wich stats benefit wich spec?

Perhaps this is a rant, it kinda is but I wanna know who was right about the Tank wrists - Me or the DPS warrior?

From what I understand, mastery is awesome on a paladin tank. I wouldn't have given in. Our MT takes a 'DPS' item here or there every now and then.

Deleted
    Dunno and I'm not sober - In current state of people in randoms and so on you might be better off needing everything tbh... Be honest in guildruns.

Seen that once with pala needing an item for offspec - "I don't care anymore as everyone in radoms are ninjas" - apparently she/he was 99% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Dunno and I'm not sober - In current state of people in randoms and so on you might be better off needing everything tbh... Be honest in guildruns.

Seen that once with pala needing an item for offspec - "I don't care anymore as everyone in radoms are ninjas" - apparently she/he was 99% right.
    seems like of all the 30 or so random LFD pugs I've been to had been within that 1% minority.

I have heard the same horor stories like this from my guildies, me i havent had too many pugs but i have had a couple horrible ones like once where the tank kept yelling at dps to do their job and then he kept going afk for like 10-20 minutes at a time and say the dungeon is a long one, the trick is good guild runs, we had a very patient tank last nigght eventhough we were wiping on the stonecore 3rd boss everytime, he stayed wi us the hour we fought for thisboss

I had the same thing happen to my DK tank over the hit/mastery shoulders in regular BRC off the last boss while leveling him.

I just told the Warrior, "sorry imma ninja 2012 is almost here and im going out with loot" and left the group.

edit: This is after having to explain the situation with hit/expertise/mastery about 90 billion fucking times while leveling my Warrior tank to 85. At this point I'm just done trying to explain how tanking gear and mastery works to the dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Krantz Shadowforge View Post
    Seemed all fine and good, then when we reached Anraphet and killed him, the "Alpha Bracers" dropped.

There was one DPS Warrior there and me (Pala tank). 'Cause of the mastery on it, socket, and hit rating wich I still lacked a little, using my own proper mind I figured it'd be great to replace my 333 wrists with, so I need aswell. I win them, the warrior starts raging because the wrists don't got dodge/ parry and thus it not being a tank item in any way.

You should have just taken the bracers, you don't want any dodge and parry items if you can help it, and if you're forced to use one, I would reforge the higher stat to mastery anyway. Those bracers are undeniably blue 346 BiS for paladin tanks due to mastery and the socket (and definitely better than the avoidance ones that drop in the same instance).

To hell with the warrior, he was just manipulating you by being a greedy lootwhore. I personally had a holy paladin guildie try to guilt me over that so he could take it for his ret offspec! I hit Need and told him to take a hike.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-01-01 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    You should have just taken the bracers, you don't want any dodge and parry items if you can help it, and if you're forced to use one, I would reforge the higher stat to mastery anyway. Those bracers are undeniably blue 346 BiS for paladin tanks due to mastery and the socket (and definitely better than the avoidance ones that drop in the same instance).

To hell with the warrior, he was just manipulating you by being a greedy lootwhore. I personally had a holy paladin guildie try to guilt me over that so he could take it for his ret offspec! I hit Need and told him to take a hike.
    Yeah I knew as much, but because of the fact I was getting the Ramkahen rep wrists soon and I actually didn't care much myself for the wrists, I decided to play nice but even after that he kept moaning on how I was needing on wrong items :/

Some people just can't understand proper itemization it seems.