Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    you know there are actualy paladin healers that don't have magic dispel and you find that out at the last boss in VP <_< you can figure the rest out miss one jump and ur deaded

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I always find it funny when the healers are arrogant because they generally tend to be pretty bad in the random groups.
    You will find that if healers see a problem with what people are doing wrong they can;t say it during the pull/fight because they do everything they can to keep the players alive. I had a number of times when a tank stands in aoe damage along with other dps and I say move about 5 times before they did anything. Generally its the group that is pretty bad in the random groups not just the healer. People will generally says the healer is bad when they can't be carried by the healer. Its been said a number of times healers cant carry groups anymore dps need to know what to do now. You really need to get out of this mentality that its the healers fault and workout why you are taking so much damage. CC is a must right now in heroics with the gear set.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

I think the reason why you might be seeing arrogant healers is because it's our job to look at everyone else and to see what they are doing wrong. With the new healing system, everyone can only make so many mistakes before it causes a wipe (on some bosses it only takes one).

What I think you're actually encountering is not so much "arrogant" healers, but more frustrated healers who are looking more closely for mistakes. Is this an excuse to be rude to other players? Of course not, but not being a healer isn't going to change what kind of person is behind the computer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers need not get upset if a dps continues to stand in the fire,... let said dps die, and then vote kick him for being a retard and dying in a fire...

The best response I've heard yet, was from a guildie who told a pug warlock that, and I quote "It was a mana conservation issue, it costs me less mana to res you then it was to keep your sorry ass alive"

I tank heal and dpsand this is what I get from each perspective
    Me tanking-Usually the healers are nice to me I try to reduce my damage taken and hold aggro as much as possible but if a dps fucks up I get blamed for it instantly, usually the blaming is from the dps as well.
    As a dps-I dont stand in stuff and pull good dps as well as use my def cds. I dont get bitched at ever but I often see the healer getting mad at the dps though never really speaking up.
    As a Healer-...Fucking dps stand in everything, pull aggro on things they shouldn't, don't use cc unless told, take to long to kill stuff making me have to like Jesus mode it, don't pay attention ever to the boss mechanics unless they have wiped on it repeatedly...
    It depends on the person but the role/class/etc kinda twists it around. Ill admit im a bit more critcal when healing but thats only because its not the same anymore. I cant just cast regrowth/rej and call it a day or spam flash o light endlessly, I actually need to think and relearn my class.

Deathknights can use chains of ice and strag which if used prop can be a good cc
    Priests have shackle undead and MC-which if used properly can make things hella easy
    Warriors dont really have cc but if they are arms they can use charge/blitz and knockdown as well as pummel and heroic leap not t mention intercept as well to stun lock stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Deleted
    I don't consider myself a terrible healer, I've done some cata raiding, got myself a little raid loot even and I've been farming the 5man heroics for quite some time.
    Some people seem to think that because they're taking damage you should be able to heal it, regardless of anything else.
    Here's a little printscreen I took to put in my guild failpug thread (edited out names + guild chat) to illustrate why some healers can get so frustrated. Remember that the healer may have just had a bad group before yours so might still be a little stressed.
    I find it hard to keep my head sometimes, especially when people aren't taking in what I'm trying to tell them, so yes; I end up having the arrogant role in LFD and leaving.

The two guys are in the same guild, orange guy is a tank. I'm healing.
    The instance is HoO, this conversation takes place between the first trash pack up to and including the first boss. The AoE referenced was the shadow nova. the 'fire' is literally the blue fire from the boss.

Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2010-12-31 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Failed at editing out names.

#1 reason I'm a dick/short with people in a LFD is because I don't have the TIME to be nice. I'm usually typing and healing at the same time.

To anyone that says healers are arrogant, please roll one and get a clue.

Oh, and to the DPS that wouldn't stand between the tank and the pally healer. The healer sucked. I'm a pally and Light of Dawn is good, but it's not THAT good. Like all classes, there are bad/lazy healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    You will find that if healers see a problem with what people are doing wrong they can;t say it during the pull/fight because they do everything they can to keep the players alive. I had a number of times when a tank stands in aoe damage along with other dps and I say move about 5 times before they did anything. Generally its the group that is pretty bad in the random groups not just the healer. People will generally says the healer is bad when they can't be carried by the healer. Its been said a number of times healers cant carry groups anymore dps need to know what to do now. You really need to get out of this mentality that its the healers fault and workout why you are taking so much damage. CC is a must right now in heroics with the gear set.
    Sorry, but that's not true at all. I don't know you so you may be the greatest healer in the world, but the queue is currently filled with healers who are used to Wrath mechanics. Disc Priests who shield everybody in the group constantly whether they're taking damage or not, Resto Druids who roll all of their hots on everyone in the group whether they're taking any damage or not, Holy Paladins who stand there and spam flash of light. All the shit people did for the last year and a half, and then they run out of mana about thirty seconds into the fight and scream at the group for being bad when it's them being dumb.

I find as a healer we spend some of our time healing a tank and the majority of our time compensating for someone else's mistakes/shortcomings. This is what I find the most frustrating; I have to repeat the same things over and over again - don't stand in the fire, interrupt that spell, keep your CC on lockdown etc. So my patience tends to wear thin after the 100th time relaying back the same thing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I think what makes runs frustrating is that there are dps classes that cannot cc.
    Every dps spec should have a cc.
    Currently dks, warriors and priests (i dont count mc, its crap) seem to be missing theres.
    Mind Control is absolutely incredible in basically every instance except GB (where everything is immune - but 80% of mobs gets reduced to 30-40% HP on a good bombing run) and SFK (where you can shackle instead). You know those pulls in H VP with 2 Adept's? Hey now we have a healer that can spam heal for 250000 per cast. Shadow Priests have nothing to complain about on the CC front.

Personally I think the bigger imbalance is on the healer perspective. If you bring a druid you get roots & hibernate. Bring a priest and you get shackle and sometimes and MC (when there is a good healer mob to MC). Bring a shaman and you get hex and bind elemental. Bring a pally and you get Turn Evil (lol).

Druid tanks also get a solid advantage, with Instant-roots and/or Hibernate on a pull you can break up the opening damage by a huge amount for the duration of the initial CC.

Its true Warrs + DK's are missing out entirely, but unless you are running with 2 of them it shouldn't be a problem. The only reason you won't see something given to them is PvP IMO.
    Last edited by poogle; 2010-12-31 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry, but that's not true at all. I don't know you so you may be the greatest healer in the world, but the queue is currently filled with healers who are used to Wrath mechanics. Disc Priests who shield everybody in the group constantly whether they're taking damage or not, Resto Druids who roll all of their hots on everyone in the group whether they're taking any damage or not, Holy Paladins who stand there and spam flash of light. All the shit people did for the last year and a half, and then they run out of mana about thirty seconds into the fight and scream at the group for being bad when it's them being dumb.
    I think we need to sort the dungeon finder out then!

We should have all the healers you just mentioned, with all of the DPSers and the tanks who are just as terrible/dumb in one DF queue.

We should then have the decent healers with the DPSers who actually know what to do and the tanks who don't want to just AOE tank everything. Problem solved.

Ive played a healer since day 1 of release.

If someone is acting dumb and getting himself/others killed, I bring it up. If someone is doing dumb stuff and it's not, I just ignore it. Pugs arent going to take some advice from someone yelling at them in the lfd anyways, so I just put them on ignore at the end of the run and never see them again.

I'm not saying that there's not bad players of every class, spec and role. Just that your average healer I find in the LFD system seem to be having the most trouble adapting to the new content because their style of play has changed more than the others.

Deleted
    I've seen more dps kicking the healer than other way around just because of the attitude. Wich is funneh.

Deleted
    I'm not saying that there's not bad players of every class, spec and role. Just that your average healer I find in the LFD system seem to be having the most trouble adapting to the new content because their style of play has changed more than the others.
    DPS style of play has changed nearly as much.
    Problem is, when the healer messes up the healer has to make up for it by spending more mana on faster/more powerful spells.
    when the DPS messes up the healer has to make up for it by spending more mana on faster/more powerful spells.

Nothing has changed with the DPS style of play at all. DPS who stood in fire and ignored mechanics regardless of how much of a faceroll the content was were bad players then and they will continue to be bad players.

The entire healing system was basically overhauled.

Deleted
    If its happening so often how do you know the problem isn't you?

OT: In all seriousiness i find it the other way around. It is DPSers who are by far the worst at the minute. Yes some are great, but the vast majority i come accross are still stuck in the wrath days. They think DPS is the most important thing possible and that CC is un-needed because then they can't AOE to top damage.

You only have to put up with 1 of the 'bad healers' i have to sometimes put up with 3 of those bad DPSers =P

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    If its happening so often how do you know the problem isn't you?
    Because I don't manage to stand in the fire when killing Nefarian so I'm pretty sure I'm okay with dodging the fire on Anraphet or whatever random heroic boss.

I like to point out fail healers/Tanks/dps in groups, don't be bad. I'm just a arrogant player

There's arrogant players from all sides, I generally run into tanks who think they can run shit. But, oh well.

Deleted
    Nothing has changed with the DPS style of play at all. DPS who stood in fire and ignored mechanics regardless of how much of a faceroll the content was were bad players then and they will continue to be bad players.

The entire healing system was basically overhauled.
    WotLK taught DPS that moving from stuff will help the healers, but its pretty much ok to just stare at recount and mash your rotation because a healer will heal you.
    Cata teaches people that their own health is as much their own responsibility as it is the healers, and the mechanics of a fight are far more important than a meter with numbers on it, small change that make a huge difference.

Healing on most trash is the same as WotLK, spam heal the tank, just you have ALOT less mana. Healing heroic bosses is fairly different since most of your heals are so much slower, and tactics mean more. Healing in raids is pretty much the same.