Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Zin'Rokh's proc chance

Ok so I finnaly just gave up it's crazy how low the chance of getitng it is not to mention the RNG...I really think that it would be okay if they just made it like after you made 200 artifacts it was 100% and just let it be RNG if you get it before then I have made 243 Troll artifacts now and still have no sword it's kinda retarded? Anyone else agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Nothing wrong with grinding for an epic. Compared to any epic you get in a raid it's still much easier to get. Zin'rokh just takes time.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Just break up the grinding, I do it while queued for BG's (which take 10-20mins to pop)
    survey some nodes, do a BG

works well for coping with the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
    Just break up the grinding, I do it while queued for BG's (which take 10-20mins to pop)

works well for coping with the tedium.

look in the mirror
    realize you've wasted countless hours and days on archeology
    month goes by
    your not-looted epic isnt so epic

(sigh)

Deleted
    This is the way it should be tbh. If Epics are easily accesible, they're not "Epic" anymore.
    Epic is still the second most rare/best item quality in-game. Yet people don't seem to know that sometimes.

Deleted
    It took me 2 days to get the night elf trinket and some 2000ish framgents and 56 scrolls.

And i wont find a better trinket until herioc cho'gall and herioc sinestra, If anything it should have been harder to get. You won't replace jinrohk till herioc modes either.

been selling any non troll keystones for about 200g.
    other then that its not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    It took me 2 days to get the night elf trinket and some 2000ish framgents and 56 scrolls.

And i wont find a better trinket until herioc cho'gall and herioc sinestra, If anything it should have been harder to get. You won't replace jinrohk till herioc modes either.

I'm pretty sure Fall of Mortality normal and Jar of Ancient Remedies normal are better than Tyrande's. FoM has a really short ICD.

I got it relatively quickly on my Warlock. Was approx my 10th Troll solve. That said, the dwarf staff is making me cry..

there's a warrior in our guild who is at 6k+ trolls frags and still does not have zin'rokh.
    the only lvl85 epic he got is the dwarven staff (he does not have any caster toon and does not plan to roll one xD )
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Ok so I finnaly just gave up it's crazy how low the chance of getitng it is not to mention the RNG...I really think that it would be okay if they just made it like after you made 200 artifacts it was 100% and just let it be RNG if you get it before then I have made 243 Troll artifacts now and still have no sword it's kinda retarded? Anyone else agree?
    No. Why should they give you raid quality gear just because you figured out how to right click?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Why should they give you raid quality gear just because you figured out how to right click?
    Think thats my problem, im still using one of those apple mac one buttoners.. :<

To be honest Archaeology seems bugged, or sadistically deceptive. Epics your class can't use drop like candy but the one thing you need never does. I got the stupid caster staff before I even hit 525, but I've been grinding Zin'Rokh for 2 weeks now without any luck. People keep reporting that Zin'Rokh is dropping for casters, druids, and so forth. I have virtually every epic I can think of except the one thing I need, and I'm not the only one. If you want anything from Archaeology play it safe and grind it out on a toon that can't use it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    No.

Nothing wrong with grinding for an epic. Compared to any epic you get in a raid it's still much easier to get. Zin'rokh just takes time.
    Save the rhetoric, it totally seems bugged. I think it may have something to do with people saving up artifacts for the item they want and using them at 450+. It would explain why everyone is getting the things they don't need quickly and never getting the one thing they actually want.

so true man, gonna lvlup my feral druid and hope for a staff ... jesus ... if i dont get it when i hit 85 just with archaeolgoy ... just wanna mention that i've done 201 item in dorf with main w/o luck

I just hit 169 Night elf solves, still no trinket.

On average they're 37 frags per solve, with an additional 600 in rares.. looking at 5700 frags so far.

I don't even care about the trinket; I care about the Professor title. lol
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2010-12-31 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fall of Mortality normal and Jar of Ancient Remedies normal are better than Tyrande's. FoM has a really short ICD.
    Actually, the Jar is absolute trash imo, as it gives no int. Bis for drood is Fall of Mortality + Tyrande (maybe you can replace tyrande with Shard of Woe, but that's irrelevant since it drops from the very last boss of the current raid tier).

And lol at the guy who farmed only 2k nelve fragments, that is almost nothing, you were just REALLY lucky.

Deleted
    Was doing this with queing for hc's 40 min queue so time went by pretty fast while doing archeology didnt bother saving up trolls and got it as around 20-25th arti after 450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post

300+ Nelf artifacts, no trinket.
    Realized what a waste of time it has been and never going to dig ground ever again.

It's all just RNG really. I had the AQ Tank mount pop as my first Tol'vir rare, only my second Tol'vir artifact. I have been grinding to get the doll for ~180 Common Artifacts AFTER getting all the Nelf rares (about 300 commons total so far). I feel I've done fine with Archaeology, getting the AQ mount, the Boy Emp ring and some other nice things, so I'm not going to complain if this one takes a while. I DO wish I could have it quicker for raiding but I already have the Tsunami deck together and TB trinket, so I'll be fine.

Oh yeah, edit: Just b/cyou are not "getting what you want" or "not getting your epics fast enough" does NOT mean the profession is bugged or not working correctly. Uninstall Cata and go back to WotLK if you want all your instant gratification back.
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2011-01-01 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    What's a Tol'vir?