Thread: Real ID Problem

Real ID Problem

Ok, here's my story, I started playing a while back, and it started out i was logging into a friend's brother's old account he was no longer using. at the time, i thought it was a cool chance to try it for a while for free since his account was paid for. granted, NOW I know this is against the policies of the game, but at the time, I had no idea it mattered. So since that time, i now pay for the account, he's come back to the game and transferred off any characters of any decent level he had on there, and im playing the ones ive leveled. The problem is the account is still tied to his name, and I can't have my name on the Real ID which is annoying, but im too afraid to contact billing or anything and try to get it changed over for fear they'd ban my account or something and lose the stuff i've worked on. Anyone have any advice what to do? or am I just stuck keeping my friend's name on the account? Thanks.
    Last edited by blen; 2010-12-31 at 04:04 PM.

Honestly, it is against the rules, and do not take what I am saying for fact, because it is merely supposition on my part, but they essentially just gained a subscription. Why would they throw it away by banning you?

Calling is a risk though. Technically you did break the rules and technically they can ban your acct if they want for it, but I don't think they will.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Contact billing and have them change the account.

You can either buy another license and have them transfer the characters over or just change the account into your name. You'll need ID's and such for both you and your brother. It's not hard. I gave one of my accounts to my girlfriend and it took about a week.

Blizzard isn't the big bad evil overload looking to ban any and every infraction they find.

I am fairly certain that they will not change the name on the account unless you have the same last name. (Husband/wife, parents/childern ect)

Deleted
    Just tell them you created the account in a fake name cause you were afraid to share your real name, but after Real ID came you have been wanting to use your real name.
    ??????
    Profit

I don't know if that'd work, because the subscription was originally paid for by my friend's brother. So they could potentially know the name was real...

Why does it matter so much to you that your account has your real name? Just stick with the friend's name and save yourself the trouble, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why does it matter so much to you that your account has your real name? Just stick with the friend's name and save yourself the trouble, seriously.
    This. Blizzard won't change the name unless you prove you're both related, which you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixi View Post
    Just tell them you created the account in a fake name cause you were afraid to share your real name, but after Real ID came you have been wanting to use your real name.
    ??????
    Profit
    Last time I checked lying and using a false identity on your account is just as much against the TOS as sharing the account.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.