Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reliable Interrupt

Do prot Pally's have a reliable interrupt with a low cooldown (say 10 secs or so like Bear's Skull Bash) or is Avenger's Shield as good as it gets??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzagod View Post
    Do prot Pally's have a reliable interrupt with a low cooldown (say 10 secs or so like Bear's Skull Bash) or is Avenger's Shield as good as it gets??
    Avenger shield is not that bad, but we really need a real interrupt... And not something on 15sec cooldown, that has a CHANCE to refresh, and is on GCD.

Dunno when Blizz will realise that we are the only tank without a reliable interrupt.

unless your horribly unlucky, and get a group with no interrupts, or the people that do have them are just idiots, 15 seconds isn't to bad.

Most classes cant solo interrupt Baron Ashbury anyways, takes at least 2 people for a fight like that.

Most mobs that cast more than one ability have one that is crap and one the must be interrupted (force of Nature on the earth shapers in stone core for example) so just interrupt that one, dont use an interrupt on an ability that hits like a wet noodle.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

i was thinking for example the first boss in ToT. I think her cast / CD time on her shock bolt is like 12 secs or so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzagod View Post
    i was thinking for example the first boss in ToT. I think her cast / CD time on her shock bolt is like 12 secs or so
    Have to get lucky to refresh the CD before the other cast to stop, and if you need to kick in emergency you have HoJ or Blood elf racial (but again, not reliable interrupts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Avenger shield is not that bad, but we really need a real interrupt... And not something on 15sec cooldown, that has a CHANCE to refresh, and is on GCD.

Dunno when Blizz will realise that we are the only tank without a reliable interrupt.
    Im sure blizzard knows paladins are the only tank spec without a cookie cutter 10 sec interupt.

Im also sure they know paladins are the only tank without a gap closer.

Im sure they know that dk tanks have no cookie cutter 5 sec 1 min cd stun (or any stun). Im sure they know dks have no aoe taunt.

Not every tank spec needs a gap closer, interupt, single target stun, aoe stun, aoe taunt, and caster pulling tool as those are some of the things that make the specs different.

I think its pretty clear the only things each tank needs (and has) are

A taunt
    Aoe dustained threat tools
    Aoe burst threat tools
    An attack speed debuff
    A physical damage debuff
    Passive or easily adaptable cleave threat
    A snare (speccable or talentable but it is still there).
    Multiple short cooldowns
    Heavy cooldown(s)

Not realky any other essential homogination needed.

Deleted
    while it would be nice to have a proper interupt. Its ok without.

For heriocs aswel threat is so easily sustained you can leave shield out of ur rotation and wait for whatever that needs interupts.
    As for raids we just work around it, Halfus needs an interupter for shadow nova, no problem paladin tanks the drakes instead.

Deleted
    yes it does, but 60 sec cooldown : /

If you get a reliable interupt, wave goodbye to ur silencing avengers sheild. You take one or the other, but no way in hell you could hav both.
    I personally on my paladin prefer to hav the interupt on the sheild. sacrificing a reliable 10sec interupt for a 15sec ranged one that does damage as wel? get over yourselfs n stop cryin for more stuff.

It does suck, and it makes tanking heroics a little dull without it but I doubt they'll do much about it

They did say they weren't 100% happy with AS doing everything for Prot around Blizzcon but nothing has shown as of yet

Its all luck =/

But if your a blood elf it helps fill in the gaps where you don't get any grand crusader procs
    also you can spec into making hoj interrupt things that are immune to the stun
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    If you get a reliable interupt, wave goodbye to ur silencing avengers sheild. You take one or the other, but no way in hell you could hav both.
    I personally on my paladin prefer to hav the interupt on the sheild. sacrificing a reliable 10sec interupt for a 15sec ranged one that does damage as wel? get over yourselfs n stop cryin for more stuff.
    obviously you havent meant the warriors throwing silence, and shield bash.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To deal with casters, Prot warriors have charge (stun), Concussion Blow, Spell Reflect, Shield Bash, Heroic Throw and Shield Slam. And thats not a complete list. True, there are several caveats amongst them and different strengths and weaknesses compared with a paladins toolkit.

However, Warriors have both a reliable interrupt and a ranged silence.

As it stands, Blizzard has already recognised the need for Protadins to have a viable off the GCD interrupt...or at least, they've mentioned it before. That doesn't mean that will go through.

However, the problems here is simple....The trouble, to a degree, is not whether or not the skill is needed...it's if Blizzards designers will be able to resist designing content based on the assumption that a tank will always have that interrupt available.**IF** tanks don't need a reliable interrupt, then Feral bear Skull Bash can be removed safely. They didn't need to give Bears that interrupt as DPS (i.e. Cats) were supposed to be in charge of interrupting. As it is, there are several encounters where I know some Paladin tanks feel at a disadvantage because of the need to interrupt MoBs. In Blizzards defence, I'm not aware of any tank being kicked or swapped for not having that ability.

EJL

why would they take away the silence when warriors can already do the same thing, plus stuns, plus interrupts? you're dumb.

also lol at the dks complaining about no aoe taunt. you have an aoe you can chose where you want to drop it plus multiple ranged attacks that can be spammed. even after a war or pally uses their aoe taunt they have to get in melee range right away or they will lose that aggro.
    Last edited by Rust in Peace; 2010-12-31 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    why would they take away the silence when warriors can already do the same thing, plus stuns, plus interrupts? you're dumb.

also lol at the dks complaining about no aoe taunt. you have an aoe you can chose where you want to drop it plus multiple ranged attacks that can be spammed. even after a war or pally uses their aoe taunt they have to get in melee range right away or they will lose that aggro.
    Well, the ranged attacks available to Blood Death Knights are Icy Touch (which has had the added threat component removed) and Death Coil which costs 40 Runic Power, both require resources and so can't really be spammed, since they are controlled by the Rune or Runic Power availability. Having Death and Decay to drop under them does tend to help though, as you mentioned.

It is a bit odd that Paladins are the only tank without a shorter cooldown interrupt, but then again it took them six years to give an interrupt to Retribution, so they may consider the 15 second cooldown short enough since generally you would have a second player in your raid who can interrupt for you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Whats a Paladins snare again? Seal of Justice? Lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Rebuke baseline and give Retribution a ranged snare.

I could have sworn Pallies were given an official interrupt or was that only ret spec?

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I could have sworn Pallies were given an official interrupt or was that only ret spec?
    Only Ret. Oh and done Baron Ashbury multiple times with a prot paladin in pugs and we interrupted every heal he did.

Guess what.

We still didnt get the achievement >.>

Beginning to think Rebuke is bugged or something on that fight.

Prot doesnt have it b/c ret does geez. Rubuke is a 10sec cd interupt. Prot is fine without. your job is to hold threat and be a meatshield it is our job as dps to interrupt.