Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What awsome with your post is that you mention a wast number of reason to why your pet should be kept alive..
    Yet you don't seem to think it's worth spending your own mana/time make sure it survives, really says more about yourself than anything else

Deleted
    Your pets already steal my priest aoe heals, even prayer of mending.

Shoo!

Deleted
    i never heal pets unless they get affected by aoe heals.
    im not gonna waste my time on that or the mana

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    i never heal pets unless they get affected by aoe heals.
    im not gonna waste my time on that or the mana
    Bold text says it all. Healer mana is an issue now. Not going to waste some on your own pet when you can funnel it. Quit the tunnel vision dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yeah, if your pet is taking that much damage considering it's 90% AoE damage reduction, it is your fault, not the healers, and taking time to heal your pet in combat is taking time they could be using to heal someone who actually needs it. They can bring it up faster than 5k healing per second...if they spam their mana expensive fast heal. 5k healing per second is around what you would get if they were spamming their efficent heal on it anyway, so you can do it yourself if keeping your pet alive is that important to you.
    So am I given to understand that as a demo lock I will no longer be expected to do the things we are relied on for, such as killing the groups of smaller adds on certain boss fights with Felstorm, or CCing mobs with seduce (which has a very long cast time and cannot be recast until it is broken).

I really don't mind if my pet isn't topped off completely. What I am asking for is that healers do not let my pet die when a) Their mana isn't at a critical level and b) Nobody else in the group is in dire need of healing and c) My pet is doing what it is supposed to be doing, be that killing adds or ccing etc etc.

Once again, if the logic of my argument is followed, healing a pet is a mana saving not a loss, so I am at a loss to understand the vitriolic responses from healers. I will be the first to say my pet is not the first priority, I will even accept that it should be the last priority, but I cannot accept that it doesn't have a priority.

Wondering if pets are causing diminishing returns on AoE heals like Holy Radiance which caps at 10 persons... if they do it'd suck.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mandorin View Post
    What awsome with your post is that you mention a wast number of reason to why your pet should be kept alive..
    Yet you don't seem to think it's worth spending your own mana/time make sure it survives, really says more about yourself than anything else
    And if you read more than the first few lines you will see that I do use my own time and mana to heal my pet. Thats not my argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    When people start eating food outside of combat instead of just standing there expecting heals (while i'm sitting there drinking, too) i'll start healing pets.
    Every warlock should be tapping, topping off their pet with funnel (which can take a bit since funnel heals for shit) and soul harvesting between pulls.

So basically you'll start healing lock pets asap? Good to know.

A healer that cant toss a small heal -if they have the mana and time- to a pet that will die is just as lazy as the hunter/lock not healing it. It's that same mentality as not healing a person in fire, or a tank not taunting a loose mob. If you can afford to do it then do it. Yeah, they should be playing better, but shit happens, stop being so uptight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    It's not that I don't heal pets but pets are on the lowest priority for me.
    Look at it like this.
    Stabilizing
    1. Tank
    2. Healer (Me)
    3 Competent DPS
    4. Incompetent DPS
    Topping off
    5. Tank
    6. Healer (me)
    7. Competent DPS

8. Pets

So pets are only healed if no-one else can use a heal. Pets generally don't need heals, and if I recall correctly, every class that relies on a pet has ways of keeping it alive.
    Exactly as it should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, pet management is part of the specs, if you don't like it, then your class trainer is right over there --------->

if your pet does so much of your damage, isn't it in your best interests to keep it alive? your dps certainly isn't gonna drop by 25% while you cast one or two health funnels and likewise mend pet is free and takes one global without even having to channel. healers don't tend to heal my pet as Unholy either but ya know what, since he's such a boss i can spare 20 runic power every so often to top him off, or just use the handy 'go to' button to get him the hell out of whatever is killing him. keeping your pet alive as the pet specs is so easy, this is a horrible complaint, please l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemetha View Post
    Once again, if the logic of my argument is followed, healing a pet is a mana saving not a loss, so I am at a loss to understand the vitriolic responses from healers. I will be the first to say my pet is not the first priority, I will even accept that it should be the last priority, but I cannot accept that it doesn't have a priority.
    You have a spell to heal your pet. Use it.

Next time the tank dies and I end up bringing my turtle out to tank, I am going to dismiss him and MD to the healer and then feign death.

Deleted
    As a Warlock, I don't see why you would require your healer to heal your pet. It shouldn't need any as long as it doesn't over-aggro anything. The AoE damage barely damage pets at all, they can stand in lava and still not die. Also if it were to die, in some strange way, you can instant summon an new one every 45 seconds. (Unless you wanna cast instant soul-fire, which in my opinion is barely worth it...)

As a healer, I would never spend my mana on someones pet, I got enough problems sparing it to the dps in overall. I heal all unavoidable damage on the group (except pets), but nothing else. If you over-aggro and die, your problem.
    Last edited by mmoc1df88a5b9d; 2011-01-01 at 01:44 PM.

And if you read more than the first few lines you will see that I do use my own time and mana to heal my pet. Thats not my argument.
    I'm sorry, but the fact that you heal it after beeing forced to doesn't change the fact that that's exactly your argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Your healers are going oom simply by healing the tank and unavoidable damage on the raid. The state of your pet doesn't even cross my mind because I can heal you're pet, have a dps increase, and go oom - OR I can keep the tank alive for twice as long and even with the dps loss it's sorted.

I see hunters always willingly use Mend Pet and they get on fine, but never warlocks. Why is this? Yes it's the healers job to keep the group alive, but the way tanks take damage at the moment and the spikeyness, they can't risk taking 2 seconds out. You want something done, do it yourself - INCLUDING HEALING. I'm not going to stop using Holy Radiance as a tank anytime soon if I see the raid taking damage. Im busy taking and I can heal? You're sitting there mashing 4 buttons, you can do it too.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Could you go over how it is a mana saving to cast a spell that costs mana over not casting a spell that costs mana?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    You have a spell to heal your pet. Use it.
    I DO use it. Frequently. The point is sometimes its not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickkelbackk View Post
    Next time the tank dies and I end up bringing my turtle out to tank, I am going to dismiss him and MD to the healer and then feign death.
    Cool, I'll fade and Leap of Faith you to break Feign Death. Nice try though

I DO use it. Frequently. The point is sometimes its not enough.
    See, this is what I am not really understanding. How is your pet taking that much damage that AoE heals AND direct healing from you are not enough to top it off, considering the 90% AoE damage reduction he has?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter PoV.

Mend Pet (Spec'd and Glyphed to make it almost as good as a direct heal)
    Spec to reduce pet dmg etc.

TL;DR: you should be responsible for your own pets health. Rather a pet than a player dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Your healers are going oom simply by healing the tank and unavoidable damage on the raid. The state of your pet doesn't even cross my mind because I can heal you're pet, have a dps increase, and go oom - OR I can keep the tank alive for twice as long and even with the dps loss it's sorted.

I see hunters always willingly use Mend Pet and they get on fine, but never warlocks. Why is this? Yes it's the healers job to keep the group alive, but the way tanks take damage at the moment and the spikeyness, they can't risk taking 2 seconds out. You want something done, do it yourself - INCLUDING HEALING. I'm not going to stop using Holy Radiance as a tank anytime soon if I see the raid taking damage. Im busy taking and I can heal? You're sitting there mashing 4 buttons, you can do it too.
    Pretty much how I feel too (resto shaman). If people are taking dmg left right and center (including the tank ofcourse), there is simply no time to waste my heals on a pet. Especially if the DPS is taking avoidable dmg, makes it even worse.

There's skills to heal your pets for a reason. It's not the healers main duty to keep your pets up if you have the skills to do so yourself.

Since no one will say this I will, YOU ARE A METER HUMPER, no one cares about your DPS especially in cataclysm, DPS comes with the gear, its not about being ontop, its about coming out of an encounter alive. Pets benifit from AOE heals, thats all they need since the already come with some damage mitigation. ALSO I know for a fact beast master and Demo locks have talent points for a Instant rez on their pet if it should die.
    Healers cant waste their time on pets when there is others to keep alive, mana is hard to come by now these days. So as a healer F your pet, use a GCD to keep it alive and drop a slot on the meters, because chances are that person thats above you is going to die because they dont pay attention to mechanics all they see in numbers. Thats why in my guild those guys dont get loot. ALSO every one of you guys that has something to do with a pet L2 recall the pet if it starts to die. You have control over it not us, I dont heal people that stand in the fire and is not smart enough to move anyways, its a waste of mana, and IMO a waste of loot for people that continously do it.
    My advice turn off recount watch where your pet is, use the recall button and try to heal it yourself.