Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Im going with the masses and saying gearscore, only because of what it did to the game for a short while. It was nice to know what your gear lvl was, but it was used as a standard for skill as well...thats no good.
    Glory to the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    The newest DBM >< was doing Magmaw with guild then suddenly all sorta stuff popped everywhere and even got Bonestorm popping my screen that was the moment we wiped and I just threw it away 12-shotted him after that.

I am going to add all the different UI "addons" out there like LUI, TukUI, SpartanUI, etc. They may look pretty, but they don't do what I want. I tried tukui before. I didn't like it as all the text on my screen was too damn small. I then had to delete my wtf folder and redo all my addons to get it back the way it was with text large enough for me to read. This was back in 3.3.5, before the UI scale was implemented by Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the ui compilations for people who are baddies and cant make a ui themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    DBM, TukUI and Grid.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

recount is all im sayin
    Tycat was here

after failscore id say recout
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grid, since the addon author is actually quite rude.
    Ghostcrawler - "Dear OP, Bye. Hugs, GC."
    Hunter S. Thompson - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Lore - "There's a time and place for serious face. There's a time and place for ... other face."
    Scrapbot - "Dear frogi, You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion." Banned on Christmas Day 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    gearscore imo :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to disagree with a lot of people. Though it's pretty bad now, Gearscore was great back in Wrath, especially when they added the raid experience and gemming/enchanting scores. People were just upset because they felt like they had a number next to their name and that wasn't a judge of their personal worth. Sometimes it wasn't. A lot of the time it was. It allowed people to take a glance at each other without having to fully inspect each piece of gear to guess how much DPS/Healing they could pull (tanks you just looked at their health which doesn't work anymore feral druids stacking stamina). However, Playerscore (new Gearscore) is useless now.

I'm currently using 41 addons and I think the most over-rated ones I have tried are: X-Perl, Healbot, QuestHelper, Titan anything, Atlas, Cartographer, and that one that used to let you draw on the ground. If you need circles to tell you where to or not to stand you are bad. I use a bunch of addons to make my UI beautiful. Every time I log in or /reloadui, a star orgasms. Also, I think a few of those are bad because I've found much better alternatives, not because I use the built-in bars (stupid gryphons).

Why don't people like Recount? It tells you Damage done/DPS/Healing done/HPS/Damage taken/interrupts/absorbs/dispells and can track up to 25 fights so you can reflect on them. It helps you figure out that your damage is lower than it should be and inspires you to find out why. Also, if you have it, you don't have to nag your party every two minutes, "can i see metres plss?"
    Last edited by Tamsus; 2011-01-02 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Read some more

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Boss Mods.
    Useful? Yes
    Needed? No. Everything it does you can do to just by paying attention and putting up a timer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamsus View Post
    II use a bunch of addons to make my UI beautiful. Every time I log in or /reloadui, a star orgasms.

wait.... what?

Kinda interesting read this. It explains why the hell i need to tell tank to move from desecration every time in sfk hc, Ask why the bitch boss was allowed to cast in ToT .Why ppl keep dying from that frigging worm in SC or the boulder from last boss. I can go ofc, But it's very easy to see it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    All huds IMO. I can see everything fine on my own, thanks.

Deleted
    Tbh I agree with an earlier post, DBM isn't really as useful as it was for raids in wrath imo. I haven't updated it in a while, but I'm finding that having no countdown bars or warnings isn't really affecting me at all. All the bosses have appropriate emotes, and maybe I'm just more used to raiding and working out boss mechanics than I was, but playing without DBM is kinda the same as having it on now, as all the fights I've done I've done without it, so I don't need it!