I miss WoW and I don't care who knows.

Hello MMO-Champ community,

I haven't played WoW for at least 6 months. I canceled my subscription before Cataclysm came out, but I did get to play in the Beta for quite a while. I did almost everything in the Beta, anything you can imagine, but Now sitting here without WoW, and I feel bored. It might be because I really have nothing better to do or I just miss WoW, I don't know. I was really thinking about getting Cataclysm and reinstalling WoW to start playing again. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should or not because theirs a lot of money involved in all of this. First I have to buy the game, but not only that I would like to faction/server change. One of the main reasons I left is because my server and the people on it. I would like to find a nice Alliance dominate server (If anyone knows of any please let me know.) I guess what I'm asking is, should I spend the money for everything I'm asking? Is it worth it? Is anyone else in my position? Any advice/positive comments are welcome, thanks.

How can you let other people decide if it's worth it for you? If 4 people say "yes" and 7 people say "no" will that really decide it for you? You obviously know what Cataclysm is like, you miss the game, and you're bored...let your own brain do the thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    First I have to buy the game
    Why?
    Reactivate subscription and download the game for free.

I know I have to make the ultimate decision, but it's always nice to have a little nudge in my thinking process.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Why?
    Reactivate subscription and download the game for free.
    Wait, what? They're giving Cata for free? o_O?

It's WoW, you can't escape. Come back, you know it's what you really want... deep... down... inside you conscious.

Deleted
    Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to buy the whole game again. Sorry.

Yeah, my brother quit wow a few days before his first child was born. Now he's going to REACTIVATE it now the 2nd ones about to be born.

I know I have to make the ultimate decision, but it's always nice to have a little nudge in my thinking process.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 05:14 PM ----------

The game client is free to download, yes. But you can't log in unless you have an active WoW account. That's what Sir Punky means.
    If you buy the CD, you can actually say you buy a new account and get the CD for free. (Well, more or less so...)

Just do whatever interests you If you want to play again. Then play again!

And there's really no need to faction change.. jsut make a new char, it takes like 3-4 days /played to get to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to buy the whole game again. Sorry.
    No, sorry for the confusion. I have an Account that I played until a couple months before the end of WotLK, but I don't have Cataclysm on the actual account yet. Damn, you got my hopes up though. I thought it'd be to good to be true. :P

Deleted
    Play if you want to, asking advice from people you dont know shouldnt factor into your decision.

I wanted an ally dominated server aswell, and migrated to Neptulon a while back. I like it there, most ppl behave, its usually a good atmosphere in trade with less flaming than i have seen on other servers. We had a lot of good pugs in wrath, guess the same till happen eventually in cata. Also, a lot of guilds, everyone should find a suitable guild.

You are more than welcome to pm me for additional info if wanted/needed

Confidence is not arrogance

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss wow a lot myself, been around 7 months I haven't played it. I'm too broke atm, to buy it and pay subscription too... D:

If you were playing beta you never quit wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Newspirit View Post
    I wanted an ally dominated server aswell, and migrated to Neptulon a while back. I like it there, most ppl behave, its usually a good atmosphere in trade with less flaming than i have seen on other servers. We had a lot of good pugs in wrath, guess the same till happen eventually in cata. Also, a lot of guilds, everyone should find a suitable guild.

You are more than welcome to pm me for additional info if wanted/needed
    Thanks for info, I might be PMing you. Is it US or EU though? :P

I am very seriously considering giving up Warcraft. What I can't believe is why the DC universe online is not promoted in the weekly MMO's. I mean it's coming out Jan 10, and we act like it's no big deal. This thing has a lone time in the making and while it may not be the wow killer. I know Swtor MMO will be that wow killer.

I am honestly as well as you tired of grinding a fest and playing a game I have little interest in. I do it out of habit. Because I am used to playing Warcraft, I am used to logging in once a day and it's not because "Heroics are hard" it's because the overall storyline is almost non exist-st, we are supposed be fighting some elementals. why because death wing burned the land?

In litch king at least we had a clear foe and a common goal

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    I miss wow a lot myself, been around 7 months I haven't played it. I'm too broke atm, to buy it and pay subscription too... D:
    I feel you, I have almost no money now after Christmas, lol. I am hoping to get a little bit of money in January, and was just really thinking about putting that to my "Anti Broken WoW Heart" Fund. :P