Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gave up farming Zin'Rokh

I realized that its not worth it anymore.Yeah it was a good waste of time at the start of cata but now it is boring waste of time I've farmed and made 90+ troll artifact no sword and right now it feels like a pain to farm.Like a home work you dont wanna get even close to it.
    Think about it,it will be trash with new tier and you can get similar weapon from pve or pvp.Magmaw drops 2h mace and pvp weapons are easy to get.I guess you can get em with 15+ arena wins.So i just gave up farming it.Gonna get the weapon from magmaw or if it doesnt drop this week i'll just get a pvp weapon.
    If it was a heirloom 1-85 weapon it sure would be worth to farm like this and i think blizz should make that weapon a heirloom not any item that will be trash few months later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly Mace from magmaw got damn mastery on it i got it . And lets say it looks like shit. Besides that sword is BIG and its 3.8 speed !!!! WTB more 3.8 speed weapons.
    Besides that im doing arena and i got shit loads of gold 2. Not many things 2 farm.

Our 2H Melee are farming it until we down Nef, which will probably be sometime this week. Once Nef dies, they're giving up on Zin'rokh.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

I farmed it for a long time on my pally. After over 120 or so troll solves at 450+, I decided to level up my shaman's arch. I completely leveled once again on EK with him and had 2K fragments on him and used them all once again with no sword. All together I've blown 5-6K fragments and over 100 tablets looking for this sword and have had no luck. I'm pretty much giving up also.

I know how you feel, I am almost at the same point with Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan. I have completed about 80 or so dwarf solves.

I also never want to see another fossil digsite ever.

just do few solves while in queue or waiting for runs

is really funny how things work, once 4.1 hits blizzard might increase the chance of getting those epic weapons with archy because the new content will have better weapons, cata still fresh and people will stop doing archeology for the rewards just like herbalist/miners/skinners enjoy the first 2 weeks of cata selling mats for over 400g per stack, the smart thing to do now is to stack on pyrite ore for miners and JC tokens for JCers for future patches just like the wrath era, reason being is because pyrite ore will have a chance when prospected to give epic gems and JC can buy the epic cuts for them

202 dorfs, 150 trolls, gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Dorpan View Post
    90 artifacts? Quit your whining. I'm sitting at above 380 solves.
    You should be quiting long time ago.380 solves ? Are you insane ? haha

RNG is RNG.
    I'm not giving up, i love the skin on that weapon. I don't raid and i can't find a Arena partner on mah guild. So, i will just keep farming.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    I gave up with Archaeology before I even reached 200 skill.
    Most. Boring. Profession. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently farming Tyrande's Favorite Doll on my Holy Paladin. Starting to piss me off but on the bright side, I occasionally get Tol'vir digsites and ended up making a Ring of the Boy Emperor earlier today.

If your luck is like mine, stop going for the sword and go for something else on a continent with Troll digsites. You'll come across it by accident.

Deleted
    i got mine at 47 solves and tbh 90 is not alot my mate has was 1047 solves last night and still no sword

Quote Originally Posted by Starcatch View Post
    You should be quiting long time ago.380 solves ? Are you insane ? haha
    Have you not been reading similar posts?
    Some people have had over 400 and still had no luck, it's just Arch will make you go insane.
    Herring seeks your life!

I got mine at 30 solves yesterday, my friend was obtained it at 87 solves.

Deleted
    Im impressed how long it actually took you guys to give up... I gave up with archaeology when i reached 150 skill ~~... And nef is going down this week aswell so i'll get my asscandy this week \o/ (I'm an optimist)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmán View Post
    i got mine at 47 solves and tbh 90 is not alot my mate has was 1047 solves last night and still no sword
    Either are you or your mate lying, i simply dont believe he have farmed 1047 solved troll fragment allready!

Deleted
    Our guilds DK got it as his first unlock after gaining 450 skill... And one of our retripaladins have been farming it now like 2 weeks And still no sword.. Random is just freaking random

The trick is to not want it! Then you'll get it... Worked for me =(

~250 troll solves, gave up now. At least I level'd my druid to 85 so time wasn't entirely wasted. On the other side, I got the dwarf staff as my ~80th solve.. yeah, sucks.