in need of a very simple oUF tutorial

hi,
    I am just about ready to start fiddling with oUF, mainly because I have this idea of a unit frame setup that I just can't find anywhere (there is always one or two things missing form every UI I check)
    so I am in need of a very basic oUF tutorial, something that will teach me the basics of the very simple stuff. so far I have found this oUF tutorial layout for oUF 1.4 but it lacks the explanation I need. so is there a better resource to learn how to create own oUF layouts? If so, please point me in the right direction

thx for your help

you could try using STUF instead of oUF. It doesn't have the same amount of creativity that you can take with oUF, since that is LUA based, but it's really nice for someone who isn't that great with LUA.

You will need to if going beyond the scope of that tutorial ensure that you have a sufficient grasp of the Lua language.
    That being something no oUF tutorial will give you.

A bit more detail on exactly what features or functionality may help, and ideally looking at layouts others have already created which implement those or similar features.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-01-02 at 02:06 AM.