archeology advice?

im right around 150 archeology and i want some advice. im getting the little green tokens - whats the most judicious way to use them? i'm still just doing common artifacts. and are there any mistakes i should avoid as i get higher?

If you are looking for a specific item, don't solve any artifacts for that race yet - save the fragments until you hit 450 archaeology.

Solve any fossil fragments immediately, you'll have oodles of them before you'll get any useful items from anywhere, and the rares are available at low skill.

Keystones can be sold on the auction house, so if you don't really need the items you can get from that race, don't use them.

i saved my keystones for when i found rarer, just to get their 100 frag req fast. im now 465 with about 30 NE keystones, so i just use them on any NE find to speed up my levelling. at higher level, just keep doing as you are doing lower level, and never expect to get a specific rare, just be happy when you are blessed with one =p

Deleted
    See, I don't agree. A keystone just adds 12 to the total tally and when you have surplus fragments for a specific item, the remaining count will go over to the next item. In the end it doesn't matter. Except that your skill will go up quicker if you use them as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernixaerna View Post
    See, I don't agree. A keystone just adds 12 to the total tally and when you have surplus fragments for a specific item, the remaining count will go over to the next item. In the end it doesn't matter. Except that your skill will go up quicker if you use them as soon as you can.
    This is what I did. I believe the best thing to do is use them as they are available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody wants that alchemy mount nowadays :P

Deleted
    I just used the keystones whenever i could to skill up the profession and if your not looking for anything special after you hit 525 those keystones goes for a quite good money on ah from 150g to 1000g each on my realm atleast.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-01-02 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Two options really, Save them until you hit 450. Or sell them if you need gold, on my server they go for 60-400g each. You can make a shitload of gold if you do the day trader thing with them, but that's not really the question here.

What are you going for? Save them for the dwarf (if you are going for staff) or save them for troll (if you are going for zin ROCK). Sell the others. Enjoy the gold and stick with arch, it's really a load of fun. It gets a bit of a bitch with the RNG at 525, but it's still fun. It's an amazing time killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    Two options really, Save them until you hit 450. Or sell them if you need gold, on my server they go for 60-400g each. You can make a shitload of gold if you do the day trader thing with them, but that's not really the question here.

What are you going for? Save them for the dwarf (if you are going for staff) or save them for troll (if you are going for zin ROCK). Sell the others. Enjoy the gold and stick with arch, it's really a load of fun. It gets a bit of a bitch with the RNG at 525, but it's still fun. It's an amazing time killer.
    What is this "day trader thing" you're speaking off?

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 01:25 PM ----------

Could anybody answer my question?