[Music] I need new music!

So, I've decided to find more music to listen to. More of what I know about, and different stuff as well. I tend to be very open minded about new and different things so if you think something *might* be what I like, post it! The worst that will happen is that I'll say no thanks :P Try to keep in mind that most of what I listen to has been pretty generic stuff...so if you go way out on a limb it may just be a bit too much for me.

After you read below post youtube videos of the songs!

What I DON'T like:
    Death/Metal/Screaming Rock
    Rap with ridiculous amounts of swearing in it
    Country
    Strictly electronic with no lyrics

What I like:
    Rock
    Most of what you would hear on a "hits" radio station
    Anything that has a good beat, especially in Rap and R&B. Even if it's not in English. I like Pitbull's music, especially the Spanish parts.
    Electronic music...in particular I really like a few songs by Pendulum.
    Generally anything that's catchy (I realize this is subjective, post it!)
    Soundtrack music...star wars, braveheart, Juno, Halo, is all stuff I have on my Ipod.

What I REALLY like:
    Combinations of music genres...for example, Fort Minor in Remember the Name using string instruments to augment a Rap beat.
    Upbeat, fast paced stuff...too an extent. If ithere's like 8 strobe lights going at the same time with notes instead of light...may be a bit too much.

All that said, if you like it, don't see it on the hate list, POST IT!

Ok... I'm just gonna spit out random stuff that is sorta stuff that you like... and other things I think you should try/re-try.
    Nox Arcana. This stuff is usually called Neo-classical Darkwave. Very much Gothic horror and really creepy.

Dargaard. More Neo-Classical Darkwave, but this is more mystical and beautiful than creepy.

Grave Digger. Pure, straight up 80s metal. The vocals are what I'd call "Roughly Clean". Its not screaming, but it isn't exactly Opera either.

And speaking of Opera. Nightwish. Symphonic Metal.

And last but not least, Enya. Because I cannot complete any music recommendation list without her.

Brad Sucks ~ I think i started a trend.
    this guy has been around for a few years. he is my hero right now.

also, if you are into alt rock-

Autolux. both bands are on youtube
    Last edited by soulbound; 2011-01-02 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    try Armin Van Burren a state of tarnace wekly episodes or hits stuff in general
    or you can jsut Listen to DI Radio has alot of trance and techno

I know some songs that you might like. just one question though OP: are you comfortable with songs with non-English lyrics in them?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    www.tastekid.com

Seriously.

Alkaline Trio (anything before This Addiction, Agony & Irony and Crimson tbh).. try out "Old School Reasons" and "My Friend Peter" (songs).
    "Ghosts N Stuff" - Deadmau5
    "Day n Night" - Kid Cudi (Crookers Remix).. youtube it. I usually hate rap but I love this man.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a good tune

This band is kinda underground and the genre isn't at the "i don't like list" :P
    http://www.myspace.com/dwarfophile

"What I REALLY like:
    Combinations of music genres...for example, Fort Minor in Remember the Name using string instruments to augment a Rap beat.
    Upbeat, fast paced stuff...too an extent. If ithere's like 8 strobe lights going at the same time with notes instead of light...may be a bit too much."
    Suppose you really could like: