Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you have played DK for a while none of the specs is especially hard to play. All this "... lolunholyfaceroll" is starting to get a bit boring by now.

For me, both specs are fun. Unholy has its pet and are gcd intensive and frost has it big hits and insane burst aoe.

I play Unholy at the moment but it can change as soon as I get a new weapon as it tends to drop most mastery-items for us

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    All this "... lolunholyfaceroll" is starting to get a bit boring by now.
    Agreed. While this may have been true through Wrath, I think Unholy in Cata has been spiced up with new mechanics enough to be given a little respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Unholy is one of the highest single target dps in the game now. Also since the Unholy mastery is useless currently it is so easy to stat cap by reforging mastery for hit and expertise. People can argue all they want but Unholy is preforming higher in almost all cases. I loved frost but until they fix frost I am sticking with Unholy.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    UAlso since the Unholy mastery is useless currently it is so easy to stat cap by reforging mastery for hit and expertise..
    LOLwut? Hit I can understand but expertise? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    LOLwut? Hit I can understand but expertise? really?
    Ya expertise cap is good to have.
    Smile

not for unholy it isnt.

I have 3 expertise and my 20k dps says hi.

not for unholy it isnt.

Well then I have some expertise to turn into crit then don't I! lol

20k dps in raids ill assume? there's no way your getting that self buffed.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerjesus View Post
    Well then I have some expertise to turn into crit then don't I! lol

20k dps in raids ill assume? there's no way your getting that self buffed.
    Obviously not self buffed. Turn it into haste if there is no haste on the item, its our best stat next to str.

Obviously not self buffed. Turn it into haste if there is no haste on the item, its our best stat next to str.
    Sexy, will do. Ya my GS is only like 336 and I am pulling 11k in heroics so I can't be doing too bad.
    Smile

If someone tells you which to play, it's just personal bias.

Both have advantages, but distinctly different feels. Try one out, see if it fits, then try the other. Personally I like frost -- I dig the priority rotations, I like DW'ing, and I like seeing big numbers (raid buffed, KM'd obliterates come in just under 60k on occasion).

That being said, for pve, if you take two players with the same ilvl and skill with their specs, unholy will do more damage at the raid level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go Frost for PVP and Unholy for PVE, but I'm not doing too much in PVE so Frost is the way to go. For me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Frost the most, and dislike having a pet to manage. That said, I'm annoyed with how much hit Frost requires, so I figure I'll give unholy a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    For optimal, Unholy is the way to go, it provides the most damage a DK can currently put out and is technically on top of the DPS chart....for now...till Blizzard decides to nerf it.

I personally use Frost 2H. It may be 10% less than DW Frost and about 13% or so less than Unholy, I simply find it the most fun of the three, I find it thrilling to be fast paced with my abilities. Unholy does fall into this category somewhat also, but I am not a fan of pet control.

I don't think someone can really tell you what is more fun, that is really up to you, everything is quite viable and you will be hitting like a truck despite what spec you choose. So try all three out and see what appeals to you the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerakou View Post
    Well duh, tons of 17k crits from hb in aoe pulls was too much.

Ot: I'm dw frost and I think it's more fun than unholy. As of right now unholy is 1.5-2% ahead of dw frost and dw frost is 10% ahead of 2h frost.

And as always elitistjerks.com is one helluva site.
    More like 10%, at least according to WoL.

depends on ur playstyle tbh and what u play better.

I play 2h frost and @ ilvl 346 have crushed pretty much every dps in every heroic on almost every fight, with the exception of surv hunters and (shamefully >.<) prot wars on long AoE fights. This includes the occasional other DK DPS.

not for unholy it isnt.

Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Expertise to cap

If you're gunning for Crit or Mastery over Expertise, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Expertise to cap

If you're gunning for Crit or Mastery over Expertise, you're doing it wrong.
    Crit > expertise unless you are at soft-haste cap