Deleted

Blue rares need chaos orbs as well (a thread for people that cannot read)

Ok, I am getting sick of all the "rofl lul lul chaos orbs are hardz 2 get becouse NO FREE EPIXX FO U". And everytime I read that I place my warm soft palm onto my face.

There are tons of blue items 346 ilvl that need chaos orbs, black smith weapons NEED 3 CHAOS ORBS!!!! for one weapon!

Proof:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55066

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84431

Ok now you say.........."baikal you dumb noob where is the problem? 346 shouldn't be easy to get!". To which I reply: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62479 , tol barad weapons are very easy to get and you get gold and rep for doing their dailies.
    Also you could just run a heroic and get your weapons/gear, that is what I did for my bow.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway, most people got their weapons/gear by other sources. It just saddens that as an engi my stuff is totally useless except the head piece.

Give it time, they will be BoE eventually, or at least purchasable from JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Ok, I am getting sick of all the "rofl lul lul chaos orbs are hardz 2 get becouse NO FREE EPIXX FO U". And everytime I read that I place my warm soft palm onto my face.

There are tons of blue items 346 ilvl that need chaos orbs, black smith weapons NEED 3 CHAOS ORBS!!!! for one weapon!

Proof:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55066

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84431

Ok now you say.........."baikal you dumb noob where is the problem? 346 shouldn't be easy to get!". To which I reply: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62479 , tol barad weapons are very easy to get and you get gold and rep for doing their dailies.
    Also you could just run a heroic and get your weapons/gear, that is what I did for my bow.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway, most people got their weapons/gear by other sources. It just saddens that as an engi my stuff is totally useless except the head piece.
    You would actually be far better off if you did heroics rather than farm the Tol barad weapons, I believe those take at least a week or two to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused about what you are trying to say here.

In case you didn't notice, gear that drops in heroics is most often 346 blues. Chaos Orbs also drop in heroics, therefore, should be used to make 346 blues.

Are you trying to say that you should be able to get heroic level crafted gear without ever doing a heroic? That doesn't make sense to me. If Blizz made it so you could craft heroic gear without stepping foot into a heroic, the AH would be FLOODED with 346 gear and heroics would be (slightly) trivialized.

Then you go on to say that Tol Barad weapons are easy to get. I'm not doing any serious math here, but at 6 tokens a day aiming for 85 total tokens will take you 15 days worth of dailies. Let's compare here. Suppose it takes your group an hour to do heroics. Let's also suppose that you happen to have two other crafters with you while you are running (seems fair enough to me) on average. Three Chaos Orbs for these weapons. That makes nine hours worth of successful heroics for non-raiding best in slot items, sometimes even 359 epics. I'd say the Tol Barad weapons are a bit harder to get.

Saying that your engineering stuff is useless is a bit of hyperbole. I'm sure they would have been an upgrade before you got all this new fancy heroic gear. Heroic level crafting gear is just that. If you upgrade it in raids, that's how it ought to be because its heroic level crafting gear. If you upgrade it with heroic gear, it wasn't heroic level crafting gear to begin with, was it?
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2011-01-02 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Corrected ilvl typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Chaos orbs shouldn't be required to make 346 weapons, but they do. Why, when truegold costs ~1k per and they require an abnormal amount of them is stupid.

Compared to what you CAN make with chaos orbs (BoE 359 epics) this is a stupid requirement.

I just don't care for the chaos orb system as is. The crafters get to hold them hostage at 2k each x3, because they are the only ones that can get them. Never mind the fact that the orbs are 100% free with at worst a 20% chance to score one per heroic run. Why don't the crafters have to earn their coveted material? Every non weapon/armor making profession requires boring and tedious farming of mats that not only are tradeable on the free market, but nowhere near as expensive (maelstrom crystals aside, atm, though they are tradeable). Sure the costs will drop and they will become BoE, but for now blizzard has in a way started giving away an absurd amount of gold to crafters and killed the idea "my mats + tip" that every non crafter relies on for affordability.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    Then you go on to say that Tol Barad weapons are easy to get. I'm not doing any serious math here, but at 6 tokens a day aiming for 85 total tokens will take you 15 days worth of dailies.

12 a day minimum, and as high as 18 is perfectly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    12 a day minimum, and as high as 18 is perfectly possible.
    Been getting 18 a day myself, not sure if I'm just lucky or what.

Quote Originally Posted by glowsticks View Post
    I just don't care for the chaos orb system as is. The crafters get to hold them hostage at 2k each x3, because they are the only ones that can get them. Never mind the fact that the orbs are 100% free with at worst a 20% chance to score one per heroic run. Why don't the crafters have to earn their coveted material? Every non weapon/armor making profession requires boring and tedious farming of mats that not only are tradeable on the free market, but nowhere near as expensive (maelstrom crystals aside, atm, though they are tradeable). Sure the costs will drop and they will become BoE, but for now blizzard has in a way started giving away an absurd amount of gold to crafters and killed the idea "my mats + tip" that every non crafter relies on for affordability.
    At a (average, assuming all crafters) 1 in 5 win rate for Chaos Orbs, that's 15 heroics for a single 3 Orb item, alongside all the other mats. Take what seems to be the average of 1 in 3, and it's still 9 heroics, and it's still RNG. At least flying around TH or Uldum or whatnot you WILL get your mats if you farm. Assuming I need no gear/points and am only in heroics for the Chaos Orbs so I'm able to craft anything useful, those 9 heroics will take a total of maybe 10 hours, assuming they're pugged. Maybe as low as 8. My experience with pugs puts it as high as 12+ easily though.

Now imagine how many minerals/herbs/RL girls/alcohol could have been farmed in that amount of time.

Also non-crafter = gatherer. The price raw materials are going for these days, gatherers complaining about lack of money can shove it. People who have NO professions have no right to complain about not having enough money :P

In case you didn't notice, gear that drops in heroics is most often 364 blues. Chaos Orbs also drop in heroics, therefore, should be used to make 364 blues.

Are you trying to say that you should be able to get heroic level crafted gear without ever doing a heroic? That doesn't make sense to me. If Blizz made it so you could craft heroic gear without stepping foot into a heroic, the AH would be FLOODED with 346 gear and heroics would be (slightly) trivialized.
    im not sure if that was a typo because you did it twice but if its not you probably dont even have a level 85...
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Deleted

In case you didn't notice, gear that drops in heroics is most often 364 blues. Chaos Orbs also drop in heroics, therefore, should be used to make 364 blues.

Then you go on to say that Tol Barad weapons are easy to get. I'm not doing any serious math here, but at 6 tokens a day aiming for 85 total tokens will take you 15 days worth of dailies. Let's compare here. Suppose it takes your group an hour to do heroics. Let's also suppose that you happen to have two other crafters with you while you are running (seems fair enough to me) on average. Three Chaos Orbs for these weapons. That makes nine hours worth of successful heroics for non-raiding best in slot items, sometimes even 359 epics. I'd say the Tol Barad weapons are a bit harder to get.

Saying that your engineering stuff is useless is a bit of hyperbole. I'm sure they would have been an upgrade before you got all this new fancy heroic gear. Heroic level crafting gear is just that. If you upgrade it in raids, that's how it ought to be because its heroic level crafting gear. If you upgrade it with heroic gear, it wasn't heroic level crafting gear to begin with, was it?
    As someone said earlier you can get 18 tokens a day and with the win trading going on that should be possible on most servers. So you hit 85 and you do normals, if you really want good gear for heroics its gonna take you a few days if you are not super hardcore. So getting the 346 weapon should be no problem before you hit heroics.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=66112

Requires Hardened Elementium Bar (5), Truegold (6), Chaos Orb (3)
    Don't you find that insane? Right now I think crafted blues are not worth it.