Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rustberg Village - what's their story?

I mean, are they really just murderously paranoid and a tad too wary of outsiders? I've done the quest to kill 14 villagers a few times and I thought the quest text hinted at something a bit more sinister so I went through every house looking for demonic altars, maybe a pile of dismembered corpses in a cellar somewhere, but nothing. Granted, they've got the stealthed bandits lurking around and yes, they do apparently kill the odd soldier, but apart from that they seem to be a quiet fishing community of various races, living together peacefully... so what am I missing?

yeah i was asking myself that too

''Death. Despite the sun warming my face, a numbing cold chills me to the core. My soul lives, but my desiccated body is a cruel mockery of the hero I once was. I know not love, nor peace; only hatred of those who did this to me. Stay out of my way, for my revenge knows not friend... just foe'' Ithien Frostwhisper

they work for Deathwing. You didnt get the memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Are they not all escaped convicts from tol barad?

From Wowpedia:

Rustberg Village is a fishing village that is located in the north of the Tol Barad Peninsula. Its inhabitants - reputedly escaped bandits or pirates[1] - have become very suspicious and paranoid, and will attack anyone that dares enter the village walls. Both Horde and Alliance races are represented here.

They're a lame excuse for a daily quest.
    That's the lore behind them, inb4 retcon.
    Herring seeks your life!

If I were an escaped convict from a prison full of ghosts and demons I surely wouldn't run a half mile away and spend my days fishing.

...although now that I think about it, the other areas in Tol Barad are: a cursed ghost-infested shipyard, a cursed ghost-infested tower, a cursed ghost-infested bunch of shipwrecks, a cursed ghost-infested keep, a cursed zombie-infested graveyard and a probably-cursed spider-infested forest. You know what, I'm okay with the cozy normal village after all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tol Barad is a mess lorewise.

THe cataclysm waste it.

The Horde and the Alliance battle on it.

The majority of the prisonners or dark magic who are used to be seal inside are now unleashed on the very island.

Pirates and scavander infested it in the named OF LOOTS AND LULZ.

No seriously......Blizz dont have any serious lore about it....you can made your own lore and put some little sense in it.

Or just do your daily and dont care for all the rest.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Well it is a PVP area, PVPers don't care about lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Pirates! Pirates did it!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The entire island of Tol Barad feels very Lovecraft'ish, with the prison itself being very Arkam looking, and the other island being very eerie, with ghosts, zombies, giant spiders and insane villagers, like Innsmouth...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yet I feel sad killing those fishermen.
    Stormreaver.EU

I can't find anything on whether or not Tol Barad was still in operation during/after the Third War. If it wasn't, then the presence of tauren members of Rustberg Village makes no sense if they're escaped convicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I can't find anything on whether or not Tol Barad was still in operation during/after the Third War. If it wasn't, then the presence of tauren members of Rustberg Village makes no sense if they're escaped convicts.
    Tauren pirates maybe? yarr

10+ Year Old Account
    I get a real Resident Evil 4 vibe from that village.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Well it is a PVP area, PVPers don't care about lore
    Not gonna lie, I laughed and found myself agreeing with this.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

They have fish!!! Very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I get a real Resident Evil 4 vibe from that village.
    Ah, that's a familar feeling yes.

I was going to say it's a village full of inbred, angry rednecks. Seems about as plausible as the idea of staying on the idea of staying on THE SAME ISLAND WHERE YOUR DEMON INFESTED EX PRISON IS, and where ALLIANCE AND HORDE ARE CONSTANTLY WAGING WAR. Killing peaceful fishermen or women wielding a rolling pin is weird.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght