Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Buying Valor points with Justice points

No this is not a Troll thread.

I was thinking about how people gain Valor points trough raids and daily Heroics.
    i guess its pretty slow still that way and a lot of people still don't raid at all.

so i thought that if you could spend 1k justice points and gain just 1 Valor point. wich would make you still have to do a lot of heroics to actually benefit from it
    ofcourse the Valor point cap for the week would still excists so you cant just farm over it.
    This way it still wouldn't get Valor points handed to you on a plate but be actually able to reach the cap of gaining Valor points for the week if you don't raid. as it will take a lot of justice points to do so.

i can't remember the exact ammount of Jp heroics give i thought it was around 70 so that would make you have to do around 14 -15 heroic bosses and with dungeons taking as long as it is
    with queue's and with some parties things go a bit slower aswell.. so i dont see it as facerolling to get gear

Anyways What do you guys think

Ps: sorry if this thread posted double i tjust kept reloading and turned into "Servers are at full Capacity or something" so im not sure it worked but i didn't see it in the list

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Why? I want to be available to get my "Badge of valor" from the raid it self instead of the heroic. Like begining of Wrath was

Heroic only gave you Heroism badge but raids (25 only) Valor badge. That was awesome

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would understand if it were a valor -> justice conversion but...sorry, just no.

raids give you valor points, if you want those points go raid

sure do it 1k justice for 1 valor you would only need over 1 mil justice points for something lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the days of free gear are gone. Obtaining "epic" tier gear is a reward for raiding but Blizzard allows casuals to obtain it through heroics at a much slower rate. Things are fine.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Deleted
    Nice idea, but sorry it just wouldn't work. 1k JP for 1 VP is a tad hefty and if you reduced the requirements it would be wrath all over again so I think it works pretty well as it is now.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. If you don't raid, you don't need 359 gear. If you do raid then you get valor capped fairly quickly each week. But unfortunately, in 4.1 vp stuff is going to move to jp. Such a dumb change.

Deleted
    i understand why people say no because they want to gain their points trough raiding
    but don't think that gaining points this way is much easier than actual raiding
    to get the ammount you get from 1 10 man boss you'll need to kill atleast 150 heroic bosses wich makes it take much longer and much more effort than actual raiding and probably a huge ammount of people wouldn't even bother with how slow it is.

also the people saying Valor is raiding hello daily heroic? i guess you all skip those too right because you just do not gain them from raids...

please.

1k Justice points for 1 Valor point? Are you serious?
    I'm okay with Blizzard implementing that. Good luck on getting at least 50 valor points with that method without killing yourself via driving your head through the wall or driving something through your head.

P.S. Looks like someone didn't read anything besides the thread name before putting in their response!
    P.P.S. By someone I mean most of the people in this thread.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2011-01-02 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No just absolutely no. The system is fine now, if you want JP without raiding, just do your random daily heroics everyday till you get enough points to buy what you want.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Deleted
    Seriously, get over it... Work for your gear.. If your not willing to put effort into it then you don't deserve it enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post

also the people saying Valor is raiding hello daily heroic? i guess you all skip those too right because you just do not gain them from raids...
    Sure the daily hc gives a little buffer. Their point was though that you don't need the valour gear if you're not raiding, and if you ARE raiding you don't really need to do heroics. WTF would you use it for if you ONLY do 5 mans? Make the 5 man go faster? You're perfectly capable in the gear from heroics.

Deleted
    i understand why people say no because they want to gain their points trough raiding
    to get the ammount you get from 1 10 man boss you'll need to kill atleast 150 heroic bosses wich makes it take much longer and much more effort than actual raiding and probably a huge ammount of people wouldn't even bother with how slow it is.

please.
    Don't put everyone at your own level. Myself and my guild don't do the daily heroics because it's retarded and dull. Yes we do specific heroics to get the daily guild rep but that's it. There could be scrubs with a lot of time and I don't agree with VP even for the daily HC (takes you ~18 days to get the cheapest items) but still people that gain gear that way don't deserve it.

It's this way: If you actually raid, you will get enough points from raids. If you don't raid, you don't god damn need raiding gear so it's retarded to even put raiding equivalent stuff in heroics. If you want purpliz, raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Sure the daily hc gives a little buffer. Their point was though that you don't need the valour gear if you're not raiding, and if you ARE raiding you don't really need to do heroics. WTF would you use it for if you ONLY do 5 mans? Make the 5 man go faster? You're perfectly capable in the gear from heroics.
    This really. Why are most (MOST since somebody is gonna get on my ass about that) of the casuals and people who hate raiding so obsessed with getting gear? Can't you just play for fun and NOT worry about the color of your gear? Blues are perfectly fine for heroics.

1k -> 1?
    Overkill much? lol

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    This really. Why are most (MOST since somebody is gonna get on my ass about that) of the casuals and people who hate raiding so obsessed with getting gear? Can't you just play for fun and NOT worry about the color of your gear? Blues are perfectly fine for heroics.
    Because once you hit level cap the only way to advance your character is to improve their gear?

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Because once you hit level cap the only way to advance your character is to improve their gear?
    But in no way do you need to improve your character unless you're taking on content that require it.
    You improve your character so that you can take on harder stuff, but why feel the need to improve when you stay in the same mundane content?
    Heroics are meant to be done in 333 gear which is what you get in normal 5mans and from quests.
    When you're in 346/359 gear they are easy as hell. So why would you need full 359 or higher to do them?

please.
    NO, Time consuming =/= Hard, please, stop doing this.

I don't want total scrubs which play 12 hours/day that gears more than a guy that raids 3 hours a day and do HARD things.

The problem is, people exspect things like this! Blizz has made it way to easy for players to get highend gear and most of those players have no buisness in that gear. I think they need to leave it alone. Maybe even make it a bit harder to get that gear. I say take away the valor from Heroics. There are alot of people that have no buisness getting the same gear as raiders. I am not even a hardcore raider, I run a small casual raiding guild. I see people all the time that get gear and all it does is make there ego swell and make me wanna smash my face with a brick because then you cant tell those people anything cause they think there epic.