How much am i loosing/gimping myself?

Armory in sig.

Ok, so i have been getting some gear for my feral druid, gearing him for pve tanking and pvp. At the moment, many pieces of gear, including enchants and gems are gotten by using the "how can i enjoy both worlds?" logic.

So, how much do i lose having 1100 resil in tankgear (with pvp 2 set, so 700 resil)?
    I still get about the same agi and stam than equal level pve gear, what i lose is secondary stats. Although it really feels like i don't lose rating at a 1:1 ratio.

The real discussion would be: Is it worth to get ilvl 252 pvp gear instead of 246 pve gear for pve. Sure, you lose some stats, but you get more agi and stam due to the higher ilvl. Also you if you enjoy both you have a much higher chance of gearing up, since pve starting gear has 100% "drop" chance, pvegear has not.

Side question:
    My stat priority has been:
    Agi/Stam pieces or no deal
    Mastery
    Crit
    Keep hit/expertise at healthy levels (Meaning as long as i don't have threat problems, i won't bother to go out of my way to cap them)

Trying to stay away from haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I see your logic behind the "ilvl" is higher with pvp gear argument, it should be noted that pvp gear is just for that: pvp.
    Pve gear is meant for pve. You gimp your self drastically losing even 700 stat points to resilience (which is worthless in pve).
    I've seen many people in pvp gear who can compete with the lower echelons of people in pve gear, but if you want to be the guy that your guild calls on for a raid then I would recommend spending the time to get yourself a pve set.
    If you think that an extra 700 in crit wouldn't make a noticeable difference in your performance than there may be nothing that can be done to cull this type of behavior.

I've always figured that PvP gear was ok for starting to gear up. Not excellent, but not terrible either. If it's better than what you have, take it - no sane person will yell at you for having a PvP piece instead of a green. Just remember that there are a lot of pieces better than PvP pieces, too, and always be on the lookout for upgrades. Don't overestimate your gear just because of its ilvl, either, because as you mentioned, you are gimping yourself.

Pvp gear isn't all bad, but it's usefulness is relative. A 352 pvp piece is likely worse than a 346 pve piece, but that same pvp piece against that 310 green you can't seem to replace is a big upgrade.

Also, as a feral tank don't be afraid of tanking rings and necks with strength/dodge.

i cat dps in 4 piece vicious and am normally top dps in my guild.
    i356

as a dps i dont really lose too much because i can spare to lose the extra stat that resil replaces,that would have been hit/expertise/haste or something,which are all pretty useless. although if a pve piece has mastery/crit ill go for that over crit/resil but higher ilvl

i know hes talking about tanking,but meh. i really see no reason to not use pvp gear at this point in the game. its really really good and easy as shit to get for someone trying to gear up

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

you have 4 pc vicious already? that's 365 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by billybob10110 View Post
    i know hes talking about tanking,but meh. i really see no reason to not use pvp gear at this point in the game. its really really good and easy as shit to get for someone trying to gear up
    Smart man, he is. People drool on and on about how this gear is good or better than that gear - and they forget completely about how easy is to get said gear.

If you find yourself without a reasonably stable group to run Heroics with, then by all means, hang out in BGs and get gear that way. Upgrades are upgrades until you get better. Come serious hardcore raid time it'll be different, but this is early in Cata and any little thing helps as long as it comes fast and easy.

yeah.lucky argaloth drops...

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Decided to check with Rawr, and it seems like many of the pvp pieces are top rated, for example the bloodthirsty head seems to be much better than some epic pieces (359) and the Vicious helm seems to be 3rd BiS.

I'm getting more and more confused.