Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I quit at the end of December, and I feel a lot better. I simply got bored of the game all around, I had only farmed about 143k HK's, and raided since Karazhan and started raiding Blackwing Descent. The game just lost its appeal to do the same thing over and over, no matter the difficulty.

And so, the cycle of "Do you miss [previous expansion]?" threads continues.

Still waiting for my first "CATA SUCKS COMPARED TO WOTLK!" thread.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    I'm feeling it too a bit. At first I thought it was just me losing interest in the game, but now to see that other people feel seemingly exactly the same way I suppose it throws doubt onto it. Not sure what it is either. I paid 50k for the Sandstone Drake mount today, all my gold gone and didn't even bat an eyelid. Figure that one out.

Deleted
    I feel similar. For me it seems that although the game has improved, it now feels WAY more like a game, and less like a world.

There's almost no mystery to the lore anymore. It's all just spoon-fed to us (or outright told to us at blizzcon).

Leveling is too linear and zones more than ever feel as though they are a means to an ends. Playing a huge role in every zone I level through isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes the feeling of insignificance within the zone, and world, can feel way more epic than quest after quest of single-handedly saving everyone and meeting every end-game boss multiple times on the way.

Still beats wrath though.

Maybe it's cause the game hasn't changed at all. You grind rep, shit around doing nothing, plus it's now made for no life'er. Everything ether takes way to long, stupidly long, or costs so much you cry. It's just terrible right now, hoping they change shit soon.

Everyones gonna get a bit burnt out. When was the last time you played the same halo game for 5 years straight, it'd be a safe guess that the largest portion of people that play wow have started in the past couple years and haven't been around since the beginning, eventually we all realize it's the same thing over and over again.

I'd kill to have more depth to the characters, a more immersive environement, and graphics that make me feel like i'm actually in the world.

No thats just a symptom of Nostalgia and the like. I was playing through Cata zones on my main and I was like "....something feels different." I thought maybe WoW HAD lost its pizazz. Then I realized perhaps maybe its because I've played it so long that nothing was really as mysterious and unknown as it was when I was younger and new to the game. I was breezing through quests, I knew exactly where to go each quest. It wasn't so much the game as it was my experience. Once you've played for so long, it does infact lose that feel of wonder. But that doesn't stop it from being fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been feeling a bit 'meh' about the level 85 stuff, but I think that's mostly because I'm in a very tiny guild that can't raid. Back in WotLK I was working like crazy to min/max because I knew we'd be raiding, but with Cata I just don't really care about 85 stuff in my current condition.

I've been spending most of my time leveling alts because of this. =\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    I feel similar. For me it seems that although the game has improved, it now feels WAY more like a game, and less like a world.

There's almost no mystery to the lore anymore. It's all just spoon-fed to us (or outright told to us at blizzcon).

Leveling is too linear and zones more than ever feel as though they are a means to an ends. Playing a huge role in every zone I level through isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes the feeling of insignificance within the zone, and world, can feel way more epic than quest after quest of single-handedly saving everyone and meeting every end-game boss multiple times on the way.

Still beats wrath though.
    That's a very interesting point: a reduction in the size of the world due to your role in it being emphasised time and time and time again as the savior of everything... This only really happens in post patch 4.0/Cata content too.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-03 at 01:36 AM.

I'm feeling kind of burnt out on the game. I have been playing since vanilla, and i just don't feel the motivation to re-gear and stuff. I keep trying to "jump start" my interest in the game, but i keep logging off to play League of Legends, Dragon Age: Awakening, and the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World game on 360.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Maybe because you played the game for 4 years now, and nothing really strikes you as "OMG THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME, NEW AND EXCITING" as when you started playing. That's the reason behind my feelings of it being a bit.. meh. I've felt this way since the middle of WLK, after playing the game for 3 years. Also me getting older, and stuff, but yeah.
    This is my thinking aswell.. Friend and i were talking, having both played since vanilla that cata while its shiny and we're really glad they are making things hard again and epics being a bit harder to get etc... We still felt very "Meh" about it.
    It might be the game getting old, or we're getting very jaded, but the meh feeling is still there.

I would also like to add that the world of online gaming is becoming less intriguing to me due to the people that play in it. Most are immature high school/college kids who love to run around using internet meme's to the extent to where they are overdone and make you just drowning in wishful-ness in exciting and new material.

Personally I am really enjoying Cataclysm. That could be though because I took a very long break during WOTLK.

I haven't had this fun raiding since Vanilla :O

cataclysm has made me the least interested in wow since i began 5.5 years ago. i know its better than wrath, yet i just don't want to play....been playing DA:O, meatboy, ME1&2, Witcher:EE, and TF2.

Going on five years now I can honestly say that I really don't care much at this point. I'm already looking forward to the next expansion.

Its alot better then Wotlk atleast having alot of fun with the raids as the fights don't feel extremly faceroll like it did in wotlk. And also pvp etc is quite fun even if i haven't bother with pvp that much :<

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    ive done the new raid and i pvp on my mage,, maybe im getting old ;p
    The new raid? There are three, not counting Baradin Hold. Sounds to me like that's the one thing you did, lol.

I feel the same way. Quitted a couple of weeks ago actually ( for the 100000th time since wrath ) and this time it will probably be forever. It might be because ive been playing since TBC but i feel that Cata has lost it's magic.

It was pretty good at first, I went smoothly through the zones, loved every second of it. 1-60 is notably retuned to be smoother, but not quite as awesome as 80-85, then again I paid for 85...

nevertheless, 80-85 was fun, then I found myself doing dailies every day and waiting obnoxiously long dungeon ques. fun = over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.