How to approach Heroics ?

Hi,

My Cataclysm experience so far has been : Level up to 85, gear up through normal dungeons to 329, try some Heroics, fail. I stopped there because it was too much stress and I had som IRL stress at the same time so it wasn't really working. Anyway, the past week has been mostly RP (great fun), leveling Archaeology and making loads of money on the AH. Now I want to go back to gearing up and would like to know the best order so as to minimize my frustration while maximizing my gains (gear wise). I play a Nelf Moonkin and will most likely be running with guildies, I'd be thankful if anyone could tell me in which order I should be doing Heroics and maybe point me to some good videos on the encouters (I only found Tol'vir at TankSpot)

Thanks

Approach them with guildies if you want a smooth(ish) run... DM + SFK are probably the hardest, but your a DPS so it makes little to no difference what heroic you do, if the tank and healer are good them you'll clear it.. just DONT use starfall .

Before trying heroics IMO don't stop doing normals just because you have 329 item level. Normals are a great way to earn reputation gear and most importantly teach you the boss mechanics you have to know to have success in heroics. My guild had the gear for heroics and the experience to not epic fail, however we didn't know the boss mechanics well enough, because they were easy enough on normal to bypass them without having to pay full attention. Once we took the time to learn the boss mechanics we haven't had a problem since. We might not one shot everything, but we make forward progression every time until the heroic is finished.
    Do some normals and pay attention to trash pulls and bosses and see what mobs/mechanics make it harder on the group and learn to cc/avoid those mobs/mechanics.
    I would definitely start off with VP and BRC, as they are about as easy as it is going to get.

Deleted
    Tbh I'd just dive right in, for starters I'd make sure you have 2+cc, some interrupts and a healer/tank you can trust.
    Start off with something like Vortex Pinnacle/Stonecore/Throne of Tides.
    If you just search youtube/google for "instance name guide" you'll find some pretty good ones, I'm tired atm but if you'd like some walkthroughs I wrote just message me or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoWhead.com has a lot of tips in the comments that should cover most of the fights. Use a lot of cc on trash, and interrupt anything that looks nasty.

Just healed my first Cata heroic (H VP) with average ilvl 332 gear. It was nontrivial, and we (a guild run) wiped a bit on the second boss, but I think everyone had a good time.

Approach them as if they were tiny raids.

Think about it.

Championships before attempting the International Maritime Organization does not depend on the reaction conditions only natural because you have a 329 item level. Normalcy is a great way to earn reputation and gear, and most importantly teach you mechanics coach you need to know that success in tournaments. The syndicate my gear for the tournaments and the experience is not an epic fail, but we did not know the mechanisms coach well enough, because it was easy enough to bypass the normal without the need to give full attention. Once you take the time to learn the mechanics boss did not have a problem since then. There may come a day is not all one shot, but we make progress forward in time until the completion of the heroic. I play Moonkin Nelf and probably will be running with guildies, I would be grateful if anyone can tell me in the system which I hope to do heroic deeds, and perhaps point me to some videos good encouters.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylfoster View Post
    Championships before attempting the International Maritime Organization does not depend on the reaction conditions only natural because you have a 329 item level. Normalcy is a great way to earn reputation and gear, and most importantly teach you mechanics coach you need to know that success in tournaments. The syndicate my gear for the tournaments and the experience is not an epic fail, but we did not know the mechanisms coach well enough, because it was easy enough to bypass the normal without the need to give full attention. Once you take the time to learn the mechanics boss did not have a problem since then. There may come a day is not all one shot, but we make progress forward in time until the completion of the heroic. I play Moonkin Nelf and probably will be running with guildies, I would be grateful if anyone can tell me in the system which I hope to do heroic deeds, and perhaps point me to some videos good encouters.
    Little man... I have no idea what you just said, but it touched me. In my soul!!

If you are running them with guildies, you are probably fine. Treating them like little raids is the best approach. Be deliberate, focus DPS on targets, cc and interrupt as much as possible and attempt to minimize incoming damage. doing all of those things well requires competence as well as experience. Experience can only come from running the dungeons either on normal or heroic.

What you shouldn't do is obsess over which heroic is best for you. At this point the 5% buff from doing a random dungeon is worth much more than picking a specific dungeon which may be easier or may have a drop for you. Run random heroics with 4/5 or 5/5 guildies and be prepared to wipe and learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Approach them with guildies if you want a smooth(ish) run... DM + SFK are probably the hardest, but your a DPS so it makes little to no difference what heroic you do, if the tank and healer are good them you'll clear it.. just DONT use starfall .
    You know, I've always heard H Deadmines was hard, but, and bear with me I've only been there twice(not counting low levels), it was pretty easy after a quick fight explanation.

I'm 50/50 on the guildies thing. I've seen bad groups where 4/5 are guildies and then me, and they're complete jackasses. I've seen 100% pugs who were respectful and helpful towards others.

Take it slow, use CC, don't be an ass, WIN.