Deleted

Engineering Tinker thread please.

Hey MMo-champ, long time no see.

Anyway, so yesterday i finally decided to spend an insane amount of gold on the bars and level up engineering to max (cost me 10k, and it seems i came through cheap).

And a sort of a question arose to my head: What tinkers are actually the best for raiding atm?

HANDS:
    Reticulated Armor Webbing - Increases armor by 700 for 14sec. 1min cd - obviously a tank tinker(wrath)
    Quickflip Deflection Plates - Increases armor by 1500 for 12sec. 1min cd - same as above, cata version
    Hyperspeed Accelerators - Increases haste rating by 240 for 12sec. 1min cd - wrath tinker
    Synapse Springs - Increases intellect by 480 for 12sec. 1min cd - cata tinker
    Hand Mounted Pyro Rocket - Shoots a 1188 fire dmg rocket. 45sec cd. - wrath tinker
    Tazick's Shocker - Shoots a 4994 nature charge. 45sec cd. - cata tinker
    Spinal Healing Injector - Allows to inject a Mythical Healing potion for increased effect. - why is a spinal injector a tinker thats placed on gloves i will never understand. And take note that there is no mana potion version. Shares the 1potion per combat rule.

Back:
    Flexweave Underlay - Allows to use the cloak as a parachute for slowfall effect for 30sec. - obvious choice really, since there is no alternative anyway

Waist:
    Frag Belt - Allows to throw a Cobalt Frag Bomb. (892 fire damage and 3sec incapacitate). 6min cd. - wrath tinker
    Personal E.M.P. Generator - Allows to confuse(blind) nearly mechanicals - personally, i dont know if anyone even used this one. wrath tinker
    Nitro Boosts - Allows greatly increased speed(150%) for 5seconds. 3min cd. - was one of the best tinkers in wrath, till it got moved from boots to waist, for whatever reasaon.
    Mind Amplification Dish - Allows the possibility of Mind Control if works properly. 10 charges. 10min cd. - used to be a somewhat useful trinket in bg's in wrath when it was still an enchant on head.
    Invisibility Field - Allows invisibility while out of combat. 5min cd. - personaly haevent tested this tinker yet.
    Grounded Plasma Shield - Allows an activated shield that absorbs 18000 damage. - no cooldown shown. haevent tested this either.
    Cardboard Assasin - Allows the creation of a Cardboard Assasin that enemies will attack. Lasts 15sec. 5charges. 5min cd. - seems like an adaptation of the target dummy.

Im having thaught swings between Nitro Boosts and Plasma Shield on belt, but the nitros are malfunctioning 50% of the time, and nearly killing me 25% of the time, so im kinda thinking Shield belt atm, but i have seen people saying it malfunctions even more.
    If you could post some feedback on your personal experiences, that would be great.

They broke nitro boosts, they don't want you to be using them in cata. If they did, they would have made a lvl 85 version
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

the only real tinkers for raiding are reduced to hyperspeed accelerators (for physical damage) and synapse springs (for casters).

haste on gloves is not so good, but stacks with regular enchants and doesn't trigger gcd, so you can macro it easily with any ability. 240 haste every minute is a nice addition (while it's outdated).

synapse springs are really good, but it seems they share cd with on use trinkets. anyway you'll replace them asap so get the tinker as fast as you can.

for the other things, bombs do crap damage, bolt gun shares CD with tazik shocker and resets melee swing, so it's a dps loss. nitro boosts can fail in raid pretty often, resulting in your death. the shield can fail the same rate, just it does an aoe taunt as fail so it can be a raid wipe. i suggest you to avoid all these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    They broke nitro boosts, they don't want you to be using them in cata. If they did, they would have made a lvl 85 version
    Not broken, just of questionable reliability. It goes on the belt and doesn't interfere with the belt buckle, so no reason NOT to have it. Besides I provide some laughs when it fails 1 in 4, maybe 1 in 5. They didn't upgrade the cloak either...

What would an 85 version do differently? I know, faster, but with the chance of not being able to stop? Or maybe leaves your clothes behind in a smouldering pile...
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Permanently attaches synapse springs to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their highest primary statistic by 480 for 10 sec. The gloves can only be activated every minute.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175

so it is not intellect?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    if int is your highest stat, then yest +480 int. works like greatness card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175

so it is not intellect?
    Check the date on the post you replied to. Used to be solely Int, it got changed to include Str and Agi as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Check the date on the post you replied to. Used to be solely Int, it got changed to include Str and Agi as well.
    =) thats great. must be the best dps tinker now?