A question about resilience

A question about resilience, and please give a definitive answer and not just speculation. Is resilience on pvp gear useful in certain pve encounters? and I have in mind Rohash tanking as a lock for example. Does it mitigate any critical hit damage at all, or is it a completely useless stat as far as raids go?
    Last edited by thedarkone; 2011-01-03 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    - Schizophrenics have alts irl -
    "World of Warcraft is actually a very politically themed game, it's an indictment of European colonialism and American imperialism where you run around different lands killing people and looting all their shit"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely useless in PvE.

If you hover your cursor over the Resillience stat in your character pane you'll read that it has no use in PvE due to the fact that it's reducing damage taken from other PLAYERS.

Daffi

Does it work on the Champion encounter in ToC raid?

Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Interesting question.

I don't have any definitive answer on this, but I'd like to know aswell.

My guess would be yes, I tried both PvE and PvP gear in this encounter and noticed a slight difference actually, might be wrong though. (This was back in WotLK though, could be changed or something?)

wowwiki.com/Resilience

Resilience only reduces overall damage taken from players - the reduction has no effect on the damage of mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post

Do your eyes or brain work during the visit mmo-champion event?