10+ Year Old Account

Achaelology - Because history can be fun!

I would like to expand and improve upon current Archaeology mods to provide additional tools. Of course, there's already some great stuff out there, including mods which will track your previously looted nodes. What I would like to implement is an intelligent deductive mod which will take these nodes into account and instruct the player where to survey next in order to minimize the number of surveys.

A graphical interface on your minimap would show a frontal cone including the degree of error and radius (dependent on the color and direction of your nifty survey tool), narrowing down with each survey. Nodes that are within the range would remain, while others would dim.

Of course, I'm not entirely clear on the way to interact with the server to produce these results, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in time

Any thoughts, suggestions, or general trolling?

This is off-topic, but your thread title made me think of ScientLOLojyuuichi XD

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a sweet idea, i would defiantly love to see a addon with that kind of support.

As a suggestion one thing i would love to see is it showing how many rares/commons are left unsolved for any race. Sometimes the current addons make it hard to know whether we should still be solving or saving those fragments since we don't know how many we have left to get.
    Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anyone around who happens to know if this it is even possible to interface with WoW like this?