Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not liking the new healing model..

Im gonna get alot of "l2p noob" from this post which i why i would like to start out by saying i wanted a challenge in WOTLK and i got sick and bored of casting and hot and going afk..

But this is seriously messed up.. I don't know if i'm unlucky with the people i get into my heroics or if the tanks suck or if im doing something wrong but i just know that this is a bit to much..

Not everyone can have a flock of hardcore guildmates to back you up and discuss tactics on vent with. Some of us have to just use the random button.. It's rare i see DPSers with dps over 10k. Im sorry but i require this in my Heroics.. I do know that some classes have a harder time acquiring this limit than others but i really don't care. I do dps between 7-16k on my lvl 82 mage people at lvl 85 just has to do better.. ( yes the peaks are aoe packs but still )

And i´ve found that on some bosses i just cannot keep the tank alive. Im a disc priest stacking int and haste, throwing around alot of shields to get mana back and throwing a lot of heals to be able to throw more shields. But i´ve found on multiple occations that even tho i realise in time that i cannot keep the tank up using my normal Shield > penance > heal > Greater heal rotation just isnt enough and i start either putting up pain supression, barrier and spamming flash heals and often the tank still dies General umbriss as an example today, the tank died due to the bleed he does where i have to top the tank off.. I couldnt top the tank off even with renew and spamming flash heal....

I don't know if this is completely wrong, im kinda new to the whole healing priest scene. I have healed alot as a shaman and as a druid stretching all the way back to vanilla. But this just boggles me.

Is it the tank that needs to pop more cooldowns ( i would fking like to see some of those pala tanks use some of their cooldowns more often, they have 3 shield wall effects, USE EM) or is it me who needs to learn to play. Some pointers would be more than helpful some people seem to think holy is the way but i just dont see how.. Healing through this dmg with basicly the same spells and no reduction effects to put up just seems even more difficult to me..

i dont think my gear is that crap i can link an armory profile here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ticha/advanced

I have a bunch of odd enchants cuz im lvling it and i havent socketed my normal gear since gems are insanely expensive

Pointers please
    Last edited by Ivpiv; 2011-01-03 at 09:46 PM.

It's boring and as mindless as WOTLK healing was.

Well atleast its not just a hot and go afk now you actually have to do something.. ITs just frustrating that the heals you dont go oom from using is next to useless.. cus the bosses hits for like 3 times the dmg the heal does..

Disc is kinda crap right now, it needs a buff, from what people are saying. Go holy and see how you do, I find it to be much easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    It's boring and as mindless as WOTLK healing was.
    Are we playing the same game? Last I checked, in Cata, you can't just throw a renew on the tank and /afk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Im a disc priest (...)
    That's your answer. It's a sad fact, but disc priests are just unplayable at the moment, and Blizzard already admitted it...
    Don't bash me for blasphemy - i love disc priest healing style and i've been sticking to it for few weeks now, taking the option of respeccing to holy as the worst insult. But despite quite fine gear, tossing shields and proper heals, as the situation demanded it - i just couldn't heal efficiently enough to keep the group alive. After wiping for the seventh time at Temple Guardian Anhuur, while on a heroic guild run, with entire team being the "raider caste", even i admitted that disc is just impossible and masochistic to play and went out to respec to holy. We finished the encounter without much trouble.

Tho i still keep my disc-macros saved and waiting for the first patch to come when priests will recieve the much-needed buff.
    Last edited by Flane; 2011-01-03 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the healing model that's the problem. I don't find healing all that fun at the moment, but it isn't broken. From what you tell me, you just have terrible luck with your group members. I've just spent 2 hours in heroic Blackrock Caverns because my tank couldn't do the fire boss properly. I don't believe Discipline is impossible to play right now, and if I didn't love Holy so much I'd have a Discipline off-spec to test it out.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

i´ll try holy.. So what then stack spirit and haste ? or spirit int ? or spirit and mastery?

I have yet to group with a GOOD disc priest. The priests in general I group with have severe mana problems and cannot output the heals needed. Now this is not a blanket assumption, but rather, a statement made from observations. The holy priest in our guild is amazing. He never goes oom, is able to keep us up through a ton of dmg and misspull adds.

My main is a druid healer and yes, healing with decent gear, for druids at least, is as mindless as WOTLK. LBx3, refresh with Nourish, WG + Nourish ppl who take dmg. Rejuv + SM for quick healing. This is for Heroics ofc.

Raids are a totally different thing. Damn I am challenged in raids. Magmaw, Omni, and the 1st boss in BoT have all pushed me toward the edge. Its really refreshing to use my healer to my full potential.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv View Post
    I do dps between 7-16k on my lvl 82 mage people at lvl 85 just has to do better.. ( yes the peaks are aoe packs but still )
    This is a false assumption.

At level 80 my hunter had 60-70% crit rate... at level 85, it was at 15% even accounting gear upgrades.

Yes it is definitely possible to break 10k in heroics, but to be honest ICC geared level 80 has about the same damage.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

In cata everybody needs to play well and it needs some coordination: in the case you mention for example tank and healer may need to coordinate their cds (even more on 2nd boss of grim batol, yet) if you pop them all together the second time boss uses a particular ability you find yourself with pants down. Grid can keep track of the tank cds for example if u cant speak on vent/ts.

Apart from some fights that do need a bit of nerf, say 1st/3rd boss in stonecore (but not too much or we end up like in wrath), yet i think all hcs are doable if ppl knows what to do. If dps dont interrupt what HAS to be interrupted or stay in the fire no healer can save the day and i think it's pretty good like that. 10k average dps may also be needed in some places but generally speaking 8k should be fine too (managed to finish lost city of tol'vir with less than that).

That said, looking at your equipment i would say you need some more spirit and even if you are working on enchanting i'd say the ones you are using are holding you back quite a lot not to mention the gems. You may not need spi on all slots (i think you dont but there are different ideas about it) but you are lacking in the mana regen i think. The sexy tyrande's doll wont save you alone.

To answer you about the gearing: int > spi > haste >= mastery > dont even bother to take crit. Link to my armory (supposing i'm not using pvp gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/posh/simple
    Last edited by Posh; 2011-01-03 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added something on holy respec

i´ll try holy.. So what then stack spirit and haste ? or spirit int ? or spirit and mastery?
    Spirit Int and Haste is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    This is a false assumption.

At level 80 my hunter had 60-70% crit rate... at level 85, it was at 15% even accounting gear upgrades.

Yes it is definitely possible to break 10k in heroics, but to be honest ICC geared level 80 has about the same damage.
    I see warriors doing between 4-7k average, warlocks being below 6k Even tho i see tanks being 8k+ this is not me whining about dps this is me knowing they can do better.. I have a friend who recently lvled a hunter at lvl 83-84 he did 8k+ on single targets in grim batol and halls of orig..

this is shit dpers.. But thats not my main consern i was just venting.. my problem is mainly me doing my best and failing and wanting to get pointers.. But the majority seems to think its the disc specc so im gonna try holy..

I do dps between 7-16k on my lvl 82 mage people at lvl 85 just has to do better.. ( yes the peaks are aoe packs but still )
    Do you even know how leveling works. Really?

I think now that people are getting raid gear in guild, their numbers are about 8-12k DPS and we can pretty much facepull most trash packs without many problems in guild heroics.

I was holy all through LK and the disc vs holy conversation has reared its ugly head again, but reversed. I honestly do not think disc will become a powerhouse again till end-tier raiding. Blizz seems adamant about not having PW:S at the godly level it had in ICC and I agree with them. Of course there is spill over into PvP and the impact that has, but that is for another discussion. Disc is still a competent healing spec, when played correctly but the amount of skill needed to perform well is much higher than it used to be.

But this is seriously messed up.. I don't know if i'm unlucky with the people i get into my heroics or if the tanks suck or if im doing something wrong but i just know that this is a bit to much..

Not everyone can have a flock of hardcore guildmates to back you up and discuss tactics on vent with. Some of us have to just use the random button.. It's rare i see DPSers with dps over 10k. Im sorry but i require this in my Heroics.. I do know that some classes have a harder time acquiring this limit than others but i really don't care. I do dps between 7-16k on my lvl 82 mage people at lvl 85 just has to do better.. ( yes the peaks are aoe packs but still )
    I hope you realize that stats are murdered at 85. At 82, you most likely still have half your cata stats. My warrior (327 Ilvl, kinda stopped playing him to play my holy pally) has about 5-6% crit and 7% hit. Not on my war, those are what I remember. At 80 and while leveling I was so far past the caps that My expertise allowed me to parry from the front, but now it's at like 2 or 3%. At 84 I pulled like 8k in a reg, but I stopped playing after I hit 85. (Like, 15 minutes after)

Ivpiv, that's the point of cata. You need to know when to use all your heals. We're not supposed to spam a single heal, we need to know when to use our fast heal and big heal. (as well as utilities)

Also from my friends experience, disc sucks. He was saying how his shield is pretty much 1-2 shot and he ran oom after every other battle. Once he went holy, he could go longer without needing mana and still kept everyone alive. Disc needs a buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly EVERY priest was Discipline in Wrath (myself included) because A) you had infinite mana, and B) your shields were ungodly powerful. You could just stack SP and spam shields for years.

Now, if you want to play disc effectively, you need to shield only the tank (for Rapture procs) and stack Int & Spirit. Spam Heal unless you need something larger, then use Penance (but not if any of it will be wasted). Use Inner Focus + Greater Heal for large damage, or Inner Focus + Prayer of Healing for incoming AoE ... DA proccing from all PoH is amazing.

That being said, I couldn't keep up with incoming damage as Disc, so I switched to holy. I like the whole "Chakra" playstyle a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    I hope you realize that stats are murdered at 85. At 82, you most likely still have half your cata stats. My warrior (327 Ilvl, kinda stopped playing him to play my holy pally) has about 5-6% crit and 7% hit. Not on my war, those are what I remember. At 80 and while leveling I was so far past the caps that My expertise allowed me to parry from the front, but now it's at like 2 or 3%. At 84 I pulled like 8k in a reg, but I stopped playing after I hit 85. (Like, 15 minutes after)

Ivpiv, that's the point of cata. You need to know when to use all your heals. We're not supposed to spam a single heal, we need to know when to use our fast heal and big heal. (as well as utilities)

Also from my friends experience, disc sucks. He was saying how his shield is pretty much 1-2 shot and he ran oom after every other battle. Once he went holy, he could go longer without needing mana and still kept everyone alive. Disc needs a buff.
    I do realise that they get more from haste rating and the likes. but my mage only has 3.3k sp and my priest peaks as lvl 85 at 7.2k sp and the haste difference is like 5% you cant tell me that a mage stacking int haste and master can't do more dmg than me.. Sorry.. maybe for warriors where crits gets owned it matters.. but as a mage getting +5% crit from glyph on fireball and +5 from debuff with scorch its just them sucking.. But stick to the point..

And as i said in my post i never claimed to be uber skilled a playing priest, in my post i descriebed what i did and with what i did it ( armory) and i asked for pointers to how i should do it differently. so instead of trying to explain to me how healing works and what spells we have how about you either lvl a priest and give me some pointers that you have gained through experience or some helpful advice in general or stay out of the thread all together ?

[QUOTE=Ivpiv;9974554]Im gonna get alot of "l2p noob" from this post which i why i would like to start out by saying i wanted a challenge in WOTLK and i got sick and bored of casting and hot and going afk..

Dude there Are 10k of these types of posts read through them. In otherwords l2p ( learn to post)

Deleted
    How weird, I never noticed that disc priests are anyhow broken. When you get your spirit over 1.7k there's no problem whatsoever in healing, as long as you don't spam shields and flashheal. Holy is not easier by any chance, it's a matter of personal preference: Do you like preventing damage or healing it? That's all.

So I must be the only disc priest then who still can heal while the class is obviously crap.

And yes: l2p

might i add, lvl 80 + icc gear = best gear and level possible throughout the WHOLE expansion, we just got the release in cataclysm.. we aren't all 85 in deathwing lewt.. so yes it will be much harder for groups in heroics.. i played a resto shaman all through ulduar-icc at 80 and went resto MS for cata. i hated the healing, until i got a few more heroic pieces, blue gems, and proper enchants i was able to keep the group up.. i don't know a whole lot about priests but this is the beginning of the expansion not the end.