10+ Year Old Account

What can be soloed, and what not since we're 85?

Hello people from mmo-champion! As a fellow tank and old raid lover, I started to solo a few raids simply for fun or to achieve some stuff that was really hard when it was designed for that level. I wanted to know, what can now be done since we're 85, and what still can't?

List of soloable raids (Tank):
    Molten Core
    Karazhan (Yes, even chess event can be soloed... hard though)
    Maggtheridon's Lair
    Ruins of AQ

List of not soloable (yet or never) raids:
    Blackwing Lair
    Grull's Lair
    Black Temple
    Temple of AQ
    Coilfang Reservoir
    Mount Hyjal
    Ruby Sanctum
    Ulduar
    Cata raids

List of unknown raids:
    Tempest Keep: The Eye
    Sunwell Plateau
    Onyxia's Lair
    Naxx
    ToC
    VoA
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for you help guys, and I'm really eager to hear you on this. You have a pally who is really eager to split another raid boss head here.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Parts of naxx can like heigan, not sure if people can pull 13k dps sustained YET but probably soon. Also pretty sure that Raegwyn solo'd kael thas...

I see Icecrown is not listed, but I would say that is unsoloable for a bit still. Some mechanics may prevent it from ever being solo'ed such as PP.

EDIT: Edited my post since I read it wrong... thought you said Kel'Thuzad

Im pretty sure Gruul was also soloed already by a dk on 80. And also it would be better to list the bosses that are soloable, not whole instances.

Gruul has been solo'd a long time ago and Tempest Keep should be solo'd this expansion too once gear improves.

Technically no raid is soloable ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    are you referring to the fact that a raid, by definition, cannot be a solitary undertaking? or are you referring to something else?

I think having a friend's offline alt that is too low to even zone into, and is nowhere near, the instance in the group while you do all the work yourself qualifies as soloing.

Uh Twin Emps will never be soloable. Or will they? :O

Deleted
    Kael'thas can and has been solo'd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU

The first boss in Gruul's lair can't be solod.

Well, it MIGHT be able too, if you have an interrupt. But probably still not even then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There always has to be one...

You are correct, since you have to invite some one to a party and then convert it to a raid. Now, TECHNICALLY if only one person goes into the instance and kills X boss. Then that boss was just solo'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    could someone link me to a video of soloing TK?

I'm a prot paladin so normally if something can be solod without using rogue trickster moves, I'm one of the first class's who can do it ;]
    I solo kara every week and H Utgaurd Pinicle /Sethek Halls every time I can be bothered, and have been soloing all 3 of them since mid ICC, some, like kara, since around ToC. No mounts yet. So to add a weekly TK to that list would be awesome (waiting for the time I can solo onny and get through the air phase with spam exorcisms ;])

currently all the non soloable raids are indeed not soloable. i can see BWL getting soloed in a year or 2 however...i think i havent done the MC part in a while..do the adds atk you? or the machine? AQ will be soloable but you will need to have the ability to burn threw 4 million health "i think" in less than 30 seconds or you die on buru. BT i think is soloable unless the 1st boss can actually impale the last person alive or tanking him.

Sheer numbers will iron out many of the solo-unfriendly mechanics such such as soft/hard enrages though stuff like BQL MC, LM spikes and LK Val'Kyrs will be a pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    currently all the non soloable raids are indeed not soloable. i can see BWL getting soloed in a year or 2 however...i think i havent done the MC part in a while..do the adds atk you? or the machine? AQ will be soloable but you will need to have the ability to burn threw 4 million health "i think" in less than 30 seconds or you die on buru. BT i think is soloable unless the 1st boss can actually impale the last person alive or tanking him.
    BWL will never be soloed unless they change the mechanics of Razorgore, it's the adds that attack you and when you are attacked the MC on Razorgore breaks, plus if I'm not remembering wrong, you get a debuff so you can't MC again for 30 seconds or so.
    AQ40 the same because of Twin Emperors since they need to be kept 60 yards apart, that means even classes with pets are useless since you can't ever get near enough to your pet to heal it. Unless of course you can pull off way over 30k DPS since that's how much they heal if you let them get within 60 yards of each other.
    BT well since Naj'entus won't impale the main target you can never break his shield so he will never be done solo unless fight mechanics are changed.
    Sunwell I don't know enough about the fights to really say anything about it, same goes for WotLK raiding past Ulduar.