Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest has good synergy with...?

Hey there,

A friend of mine has asked me to make a character to play with his alliance priest, and so I decided to faction change and transfer one of my higher level alts that I'd be willing to play.

So my question is, what has better synergy with a priest in all aspects of PVP? A warrior or a mage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

Deleted
    Mage, priest needs the peels ^^

Mage for sure, anything that does not get locked downd, CC to death, will destroy the priest in a matter of seconds in the current priest state (until they get fixed, if they get fixed)
    Oh hi

Deleted
    I always prefer playing with rogues on my priest, but if the choice is between shit and crap, I'd go with a mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that can defend the priest, high CC/peel abilities. Right now mage is on the top of that list.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between warr and mage, deffinatly a mage.

Deleted
    is the War / Priest that bad? I play priest with a War and the only choice I have is my own spec. should I Play shadow preferally? My survability as a healer is about... very bad

Deleted
    I'd go with mage - the amount of control they have is crazy (thought a nerf is on the cards).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasy View Post
    is the War / Priest that bad? I play priest with a War and the only choice I have is my own spec. should I Play shadow preferally? My survability as a healer is about... very bad
    Dunno much about warr/healing priest but warr/shadowpriest is a pretty bad combo(when compared to mage/shadowpriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say mage but thats just plain stupid, as a geared pvp/pve disc/holy priest 1 dps can't kill me and RARELY two can. A skilled disc prisest can hold his own but if the priest gets CC's the mage will be eaten alive, therefore roll with a warrior who has the defensive stats to withstand a round of CC w/o heals. A lot of people say mage but it's a waste roll a warrior if you have a skilled priest you will tear shit up. In the beggining the dps will go after your priest once they realise it's useless (if your priest is good) they will go after you.
    "A priest is he who lives solely in the realm of the invisible, for whom all that is visible has only the truth of an allegory."

paired yesterday with a fellow druid. his roots/cyclones/hibernates/heals saved my day quite a few times.

imo priest warrior isnt that bad of a comp if your good.
    why the hell wouldnt you play mage priest though?
    and tbh stop qqing ab out priests being shit atm. i only have 1400 resil and i do just fine.

This is really situational, as you never mentioned whether the priest is heal or dps.....but I'd still say mage simply for the cc benefit and the overall ability to keep each other alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, anyone recommending a warrior over a mage is probably high.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Priest View Post
    and tbh stop qqing ab out priests being shit atm. i only have 1400 resil and i do just fine.
    They qq because priests are infact lolbad. I like how loads of people on the beta said that priests were shit but people still thought "NP resiliance will fix it".

Guess what, priests are bad. We're wearing cloth, our damage output is bad, our mobility is...well nonexisting and our mana regen = bad joke.

RMP is better of with another healer. Sure we've got offensive dispels that's about it.

With that being said, i still play a priest.

15+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought RMP meant Rogue, Mage, Paladin nowadays!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Priest View Post
    imo priest warrior isnt that bad of a comp if your good.
    why the hell wouldnt you play mage priest though?
    My mate and friend is a Wnmw : War No matter what. it means that I have to play with that and trying to play the best spec for that comp

priest / warrior is a terrible idea for anything but grinding instances. So go mage.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Frankly, anyone recommending a warrior over a mage is probably high.
    if you noticed i said why the hell wouldn't you play priest mage. <3

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 12:38 AM ----------

i've done priest warr with my preist and warrior. it's really not as bad as you might think. you just have to work harder for your kills. we can beat any warrior or deathknight team. really any melee teams. but i'd still recomend priest mage. or tbh preist rogue now.

Deleted
    Both are good, since they can lock down other people, but warrior will have a higher skill cap so to say. Being a mele has it's disadvantages when you need to save your partner ASAP.

Also, warriors have tendency of surviving longer when shit hits the fan and generally can put out bigger burst, but they need to be attacking the target to lock it down and they lack spammable CC.

Mages, on other hand, can annoy the fuck out of all meles and screw up with casters as well. But at this gear level they rely a lot on luck to put out burst. You simply have to hope for procs and hope that you won't get too many unlucky non crits.