Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cast it on blizz when they make nerfs ;p
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Probably been said already, but: Zanzili Fire can be stolen from Zanzil, just make sure you time DS right (after the Voodoo Bolt but before he starts casting Fire).

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Probably been said already, but: Zanzili Fire can be stolen from Zanzil, just make sure you time DS right (after the Voodoo Bolt but before he starts casting Fire).
    You do not need to have Dark Sim up before the mob begins casting.
    You can apply Dark Sim after he begins casting Zanzil's Fire.

From what I've been able to tell, you can wait up till about halfway through the cast. Any later than that and it won't be copied.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    cast it on blizz when they make nerfs ;p
    It's a shame that nerfs use rage, not mana.

We'd be all over it otherwise.

I'll have to try some of these! like mandokir's

And yes. it's awesome on zanzil fire. Normally I save that for when he's summoning red adds and point it at their cauldron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post

From what I've been able to tell, you can wait up till about halfway through the cast. Any later than that and it won't be copied.
    Oh... It has only ever worked successfully for me if I get it up before the mob starts casting. I just assumed that it had to be applied before the cast, because the wording is "Places a dark ward on an enemy that persists for 8 sec, triggering when the enemy next spends mana on a spell, and allowing the Death Knight to unleash an exact duplicate of that spell. Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells." Since the mana is withdrawn as soon as you start to cast, it only makes sense that you've got to have DS on the target before they start to cast as well.

You could once take Wrack and that lighting thing from Al'kir.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Oh... It has only ever worked successfully for me if I get it up before the mob starts casting.
    I'd assume results may vary depending on latency.
    Mine runs at ~60-70ms.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I am pretty sure it has to be applied before they start casting
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

I once wiped my heroic Deadmines group by DSing Ragezone and stacking three.

Plaguebringers in Lost City of the Tol'vir cast an AoE friendly fire disease on pull. It won't show up in recount but it does a huge amount of damage when DS'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    The way spell mechanics work in wow for spells with a cast time, the mana is not spent until the cast bar finishes. So technically speaking, you should be able to put it up mid-cast and still copy the spell. But I'd wager latency has a lot to play in exactly when you can put it up and still get the spell.

Zanzil fire in ZG, solid half a million dmg with one click

15+ Year Old Account
    Zanzil Bolt can also be DS'd so be careful that you put it on when he's actually casting Fire instead of Bolt or you won't get the high dmg spell. Also any of the chain lightnings in the new Zandalari & from the flamecasters in ZA you can copy their AOE fireball but it becomes a single target fireball instead. My DK has only been 85 for 2 days so I've been testing it out as much as I can. I knew about Zanzil Fire before he could learn DS but found out about Zanzil Bolt by mistake. I also love blood leeting because it does dmg and heals you too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    someone might have said this, but zanzil fire can be stolen off zanzil in zg. does 67k a second for 10 seconds. also off the panther boss u can steal something that reduces armour and gives u health.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semetrik22 View Post
    also off the panther boss u can steal something that reduces armour and gives u health.
    Tears of Blood. Thanks for reminding me. I found that out last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    Pretty sure thats not the case, but maybe you are having lag issues. I play at 5 ms and I always use Dark Simulacrum during the cast, and if I'm reasonably fast about it, I will always get it. Shaman starts casting hex? DS. No need to try and guess when they are casting it. You can use it during the cast if you have a decent ping.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Overall I am at a loss for how DS's use in PvE is supposed to be more prominent. If it is good for heroics, who cares? Unless they made it more useful for raid encounters (which they have not), I see no point whatsoever in claiming this spell has increased benefits in pve...

I knew when the 4.0 notes came out that necrotic strike was the real deal. DS, unless it is death strike, is still a lackluster ability. Any decent player will see the debuff and avoid using anything useful. I guess the main impact is to prevent players from casting useful spells for a short duration...

Bottom line, it still sucks for pve and is extremely limited in pvp. A great idea for an ability that has been run into the ground due to lack of viability. But hey, it is cool to steal a useful spell once in a blue moon. Could not care less about it. Please explain to me why I am off base with my take on the spell. No "you can steal X from Y" because if Y is not an idiot there will be no X worth taking. Abilities that depend on the stupidity of others are not dependable by any stretch.

Just because it isn't as useful in raids compared to heroics, doesn't mean that it's useless in pve. It means it's useless in raids.

Blood letting = 80k damage per sec for 10sec
    800k damage to madokir
    please use it fellow dk,

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post

I've tried it during the cast. Nothing.

That shock spell from Lady Nazjar (Throne of Tides) is something that works. Did quite a bit of damage too. I forget how much, but it dealt damage that was more than 5 digits long. The group often interrupts it though so I haven't been able to steal it for a month. "Swell" from the purple WE in Throne of Tides can be stolen too, much like a mage can steal it) and used to wipe out all of the little mobs during that gauntlet.