Thread: 5k dps?! :O

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

5k dps?! :O

So i'm really confused as to how im barely managing to pull 5k DPS when i was easily pulling 14k in ICC

mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=239123 - my armory here all suggestions would be great and help with roation etc..

Deleted
    I think you are doing something wrong then, as I am doing 10k dps on heroic bosses.
    Maybe it's easier if you tell us what your rotation looks like now?

Well, according to that, your shoulder, chest, bracers, gloves, leggings, shoes, main hand and off hand slots are all empty.

That may have something to do with it.

Scaling. If they didn't scale things you would see absurd, unnecessary, inflation - however you should be able to pull around 8K DPS consistently. I play Holy so I'll leave it to someone else though to walk you through it.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Learn to adjust to the new things, and do some research your self.

That site shows you're wearing 5 pieces of gear :P Post a normal armory and I'll help as much as I can
    Also, posting your current rotation would help a ton.

Deleted
    I can't see more then half the items.
    My first tip would be, Enchant and gem everything. Even on 333 gear. it helps a ton.
    Other then that I would say practice a good rotation. all the proccs goin off while managing your holy power can be a little hectic as ret paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Well, according to that, your shoulder, chest, bracers, gloves, leggings, shoes, main hand and off hand slots are all empty.

That may have something to do with it.
    Images are bugged, hover over the red "image" text and you'll see.

In ICC you had the massive damage buff, ret pallys got nerfed and overall do pretty bad DPS as far as I've seen. 5K is pretty damn low, though...

troll? virus? keylogger? why do you have so strange armory adress?) im afraid to check it, if you EASILY pull 14k in icc i can assume that you are nice player and can easily pull at least 9r dps on dummy at 85
    other help at EJ or here at stickies

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Images are bugged, hover over the red "image" text and you'll see.

In ICC you had the massive damage buff, ret pallys got nerfed and overall do pretty bad DPS as far as I've seen. 5K is pretty damn low, though...
    I don't even see a red "image" text. All I see are empty slots. I've tried mousing over them and nothing shows up. They're just empty.

well, form what I can see from your link

* no gems
    * no enchants
    * PvP gear??

What's your rotation/priority? What self buffs do you use and when?

scaling of talents, scaling of gear. At 80 you may have had 30-40% crit, at 81, 20-25% with same armor, less than 10% at 80. Get new gear.

You're probably doing the rotation wrong, based on your gear. My crappy mix of green/blue heroic gear puts me at 10k. Proper cool down management is a must. I like to use Zealotry first as it's less burst dps than AW. GoAK I normally pop with Zealotry. Just read up on it at EJ and pinpoint what you're doing wrong. It's something like Inq-HoW-Exo-TV-CS-Judge

Deleted
    During the leveling 80-85 you loose about 20-30% haste and crit, 7-10% hit (for casters atleast, I'm guessing about the same with melee). The reason for this is so you need to equip new gear to abtain more stats to get the same output you had on previous endgampe content.

If they didn't do this than only tank and healer would need to gear up and you would zerg out new content...(Altho the stam is needed from 85 items)

Do you follow the "CS - one filler - CS" rotation?
    It only worked in WotLK when there was enough haste to push CS's cooldown to about 3s. With the little haste we have currently, you should go "CS - Filler - Filler - CS" Unless your haste gets high enough so that CS starts getting close to 3s cooldown again.

Also, use the proper armory, not some bugged, outdated one, which breaks from the mastery on the items.

you either know your class or you don't and if you need to know why you're subpar, you don't know your class.

that 14k aoe dps with a 30% buff in ICC means you were below average there too

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    During the leveling 80-85 you loose about 20-30% haste and crit, 7-10% hit (for casters atleast, I'm guessing about the same with melee). The reason for this is so you need to equip new gear to abtain more stats to get the same output you had on previous endgampe content.

If they didn't do this than only tank and healer would need to gear up and you would zerg out new content...(Altho the stam is needed from 85 items)
    Melee only requires 8% hit for a boss level enemy. :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    you either know your class or you don't and if you need to know why you're subpar, you don't know your class.

that 14k aoe dps with a 30% buff in ICC means you were below average there too
    Did he say 14k "aoe" damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Rofos View Post
    troll? virus? keylogger? why do you have so strange armory adress?) im afraid to check it, if you EASILY pull 14k in icc i can assume that you are nice player and can easily pull at least 9r dps on dummy at 85
    other help at EJ or here at stickies
    It claims to be a nameless armory link, why anyone would wanna hide there char name i dont know. Be better if you just linked your name so we could armory you and check all your real gear.

Step 1: Remove 30% from 14k or 9800
    Step 2: look at your haste and crit %'s
    Step 3: learn the new priority system and to stagger cooldowns
    Step 4: Get at least ilevel 333 total
    Step 5: ????
    Step 6: Profit
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.