Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well saying that we're "broken" is a matter of opinion. I'm always starting my arena fights in camo and I just use those few seconds to gather a strategy, lay out some traps, and surprise my enemy. Sure it's not a perfect plan, and it obviously has some flaws, but again it's not supposed to be like a rogue's stealth. I've done well in arenas, I do have my fair share of problems, but I wouldn't consider ourselves broken.

We hunters have all instant casts and one of the longest ranges in the game. Unless you're just not paying attention, you always get first attack. We get the benefit of nearly un-kite-able melee damage, as well as nasty, bursty, uninterruptable ranged damage. Having to take the one extra step to put your pet near the enemy before attacking is nothing compared to the complexity of some classes, especially since camo gives you one more step of protection at ensuring you get to attack first from a comfortable distance. Warriors REQUIRE macros and keybinds to even have a chance at competing. I'd say our class is pretty forgiving, and to say that "oh noes, we have to actually click our pet into location before it does half the work for us" is just kind of sad.
    Last edited by Mulderfox; 2011-01-05 at 05:15 PM.

Hasn't it always been this way?

Casting /petattack breaks camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    We hunters have all instant casts and one of the longest ranges in the game.

I'm suspicious of your use of the word "we" in that quote. But yes, I suppose we do have one of the longest ranges in the game ... shared by every ranged class in the game. Unless you still shoot farther than 40 yards as of 4.0.1.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    We hunters have all instant casts and one of the longest ranges in the game. Unless you're just not paying attention, you always get first attack. We get the benefit of nearly un-kite-able melee damage, as well as nasty, bursty, uninterruptable ranged damage. Having to take the one extra step to put your pet near the enemy before attacking is nothing compared to the complexity of some classes, especially since camo gives you one more step of protection at ensuring you get to attack first from a comfortable distance. Warriors REQUIRE macros and keybinds to even have a chance at competing. I'd say our class is pretty forgiving, and to say that "oh noes, we have to actually click our pet into location before it does half the work for us" is just kind of sad.
    You dont seem to know what BM hunter is.

uhm apropos camo, was it intended for sap being unable to target hunters while in camo? because as far as i know, camo only renders ranged attacks untargetable... so it should be possible for the hit on the head right?

Hunters are clunky, awkward and almost useless in pvp atm. There is a long list of glitches/bugs/problems that hunters currently have, I believe there is a thread listing them all on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I know in arenas if you sent your pet in you would be "in combat" and rogues were unable to sap you. Camo breaks when you get in combat. The thing is you wouldn't actually BE in combat but they still couldn't sap you so I guess it has something to do with that mechanic or bug w/e you wanna call it.
    No, according to the tooltip, camo breaks when you or your pet DO or TAKE damage, not upon entering combat. In fact, when the first of us hit 85 that's exactly how it worked. It's been buggy since day one, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that there's been undocumented hotfixes to this ability. Clearly, something else broke during the process. I know eventually they'll get it in a good working state, and it'll become something worth using in at least some circumstances, it just sucks to get a new toy only to discover it broken in the box.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by karakkonor View Post
    that is extremely lame.
    qft.........................

This is an offnote about camo that I observed last night during arenas, but does anyone else see the point in camo breaking with fall damage? In Dalaran sewers you take a small amount of fall damage from running out of the tunnel. Broke my camo 3 times yesterday, not sure if I was landing in the right spot to not take fall damage but regardless, very annoying.