Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

First valor piece (holy paladin)

Hey guys! I have a question. I've been slowly collecting valor points and I'm reaching a 1000 points. My guild starts raiding next weekend so I'm thinking about what to buy with valor points. Atm I'm grinding the wildhammer clan for the neck and I'm going to do earthen ring next for the gloves. I have the belt from Ramkahen. I will be doing Baradin Hold weekly and we are going to start with the conclave and with Al'akir. Here is a link to my armory: ht tp:/ /u s.b attl e.n et/wo w/en/ch aracter /a erie-peak / fauve / advanced (not allowed to post links yet)

The pvp pieces I have will be replaced with 346 heroic pieces. I'm just not sure what my first purchase should be with my valor points. Any help is appreciated!

Also, in heroics and Baradin Hold I currently have no mana issues at all if people know how to do the fights. If a few people fubar the baradin hold by standing in the fire a bit too long, I run oom by the end of the run. I'm currently prioritizing int and I'm reforging for haste. Is this a good tactic? Or should I be getting more spirit for raids? I posted my armory link so you can check me out there.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Teir is actually quite bad which i know many Hpallys are gutted about.
    Honestly i'd reccomend something like Core of Ripeness as your first peice. But opinions may vary.

Trinket or the boots, since they nice and the ones you get in raid are not the best stat wise.

Otherwise I would also say get a ring since the rolls for that in raid are gonna be high for awhile.

Exactly what Bunnyhat said. and id add the cloak for good measure..

What order you take it will vary depending on how big of an upgrade it is but any of them is a good choice
    Say what?

Deleted
    I just got a new cloak which is a solid 346 piece atm. I thought about getting a ring but then again I am leveling arch and I might have a shot and the boy emperor one. For boots I currently use the pvp boots which are very solid with a lot of intellect on them! The trinket looks interesting for the spirit, although I will be raiding with another holy paladin and a holy priest so I can't use it with mana tide totem. Any idea how much mana it gives back roughly? I also though our tier is pretty bad at the moment. The 4pc bonus would be great for raids though.

Deleted
    I have to say that i disagree with Heavenly Breeze being something to ever buy with Valor Points.

The main issue i have with it is the mastery. Solar Wind Cloak is actually something i'd consider a better item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    I have to say that i disagree with Heavenly Breeze being something to ever buy with Valor Points.

The main issue i have with it is the mastery.Solar Wind Cloak is actually something i'd consider a better item.
    I am using the Solar wind Cloak at the moment. So that leaves me with the ring or the trinket?

Heavenly breeze is sucky indeed.

I was thinking about Haunt of Flies
    Say what?

Deleted
    I am using the Solar wind Cloak at the moment. So that leaves me with the ring or the trinket?
    I am assuming you can't post links yet. I can never remember how many posts you need before you can. Would you you be able to tell us your Holy Paladins name and server? If we can see what you already have from armoury we'd be able to better give advice on your first VP purchase. What you get greatly depends on what you already have.

Heavenly breeze is sucky indeed.

I was thinking about Haunt of Flies
    I do appologise for assuming you meant Heavenly Breeze. The cape you mentioned would be a good upgrade depending on how OP manages his mana. More than anything we need to see that armoury!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    I am assuming you can't post links yet. I can never remember how many posts you need before you can. Would you you be able to tell us your Holy Paladins name and server? If we can see what you already have from armoury we'd be able to better give advice on your first VP purchase. What you get greatly depends on what you already have.

I do appologise for assuming you meant Heavenly Breeze. The cape you mentioned would be a good upgrade depending on how OP manages his mana. More than anything we need to see that armoury!
    I divided the link in parts in my main post but i'll give it again: Fauve of Aerie Peak-US alliance side. Thank you!

Always think of it like this; Head, Chest, Legs. Always the most costly but once you get over that bump in the road you'll be ready to use small bit for the arms/shoulders. But! You can only buy Chest, Legs, Arms with valor. The other gear is purchased with raid drops. Imo, Chest - Legs - Arms.

i wnet with relic as my first item to get mainly because A i was still using my 80 one at that time because i had not had oen drop and B it's the only item as far as i know that wont drop from a raid
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyGriddles View Post
    Always think of it like this; Head, Chest, Legs. Always the most costly but once you get over that bump in the road you'll be ready to use small bit for the arms/shoulders. But! You can only buy Chest, Legs, Arms with valor. The other gear is purchased with raid drops. Imo, Chest - Legs - Arms.
    The legs and hands have a chance to drop in Baradin Hold and I would hate spending 2-3 weeks running heroics, finally buying the piece and seeing it drop in Baradin the day after.

dont get the relic. You have 2x 346 relics that are equaly good with very little stat difference.

Save your first purchases to the bigger upgrades!
    Say what?

First, get the relic. Second, get Core of Ripeness. Third, get T11 legs if they haven't already dropped. Fourth, get the caster spirit ring.

Everything else has inferior itemisation to 346 gear.

Deleted
    As you have only just starting raiding now, im going to assume your guild leans on the more casual side. I would suggest getting the trinket first as well the onyl decent raiding trinkets are from the end bosses in cho'gall and sinestra.
    Last edited by mmoca72bb9769b; 2011-01-05 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boargrylls View Post
    I divided the link in parts in my main post but i'll give it again: Fauve of Aerie Peak-US alliance side. Thank you!
    I couldn't get that link to work which was why i asked for the names =P I totally forgot that the name of your character and sever is actually shown in the link XD

OT:
    For your first peice of Valor Points gear i would reccomend Core of Ripeness to replace Tear of Blood

Don't get the relic first. The stats upgrade are not worth it at the stage you are at.

Edit: Don't get the cloak. With the second boss of Bastion of Twlight dropping Drape of the Twins it is likely the Valor Points will be wasted.
    Last edited by mmoc3ece278ef7; 2011-01-05 at 12:28 AM.

No idea what stats your after Malleus, but the legs are inferior to the ones dropped in raids.

Imo you should take the boots, ring trinket and cloak in whatever order suits you then go for the other stuff

This is ofc thinking you do have acces to the raiding items and manage to gear yourself accordingly via the heroic dungeon items..
    Say what?

CoR is a good choice

Deleted
    I'm getting more and more interested in the trinket now although I have no mana issues in heroics I bet that will change in raids. Seeing we have no resto shaman, at around what time do you pop that trinket? On every cooldown or do you save it untill you go to about 50% mana?